Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:23 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,437,357 times

Advertisements

I was thinking the same thing. If they're druggies maybe they'd take money for the dogs? It's a longshot but maybe worth a try. I wonder how their kids are doing.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,666,962 times
Dee, the guy first got the short haired dog, from the Humane Society some years ago. He then got the husky mix about 3 years ago to keep the other one company. They were inside dogs up until about 6 months ago when they had another baby. They had no fence on either front side of the house so the dogs would be tied out to a log for an hour at a time.
Since they got that remaining fence the dogs were tossed outside basically all the time.
So AC guy told me weeks ago that the owner would never give up the short haired one as it is his favorite. I suggested he ask them to give up the husky. Dunno what the outcome will be. End result, that owner could give two sheits about either dogs! Matter of fact I witnessed them letting the short haired dog in the other night and left the husky out, he went balistic climbing on the glass door to go in also. The girl then opened the door quick and slammed that dog on top of his head as hard as she could and yelled, GET IN HERE!!! OMG, I was shocked.
Not good Dee!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,948,893 times
Can you report them to Child Protective Services? When the social worker comes out for that, they may notice the dogs and make a report on that. If animals are neglected, there is a big chance that the kids aren't well taken care of either. Your tip is anonymous and no matter how hard they try, they won't ever be able to definitively link you to the report. Abused dogs are just as protective as well treated dogs.

My first thought is to remove a couple of the slats of your fence so that they could actually just get out. Then call Animal Control. They probably couldn't afford to get their dogs out and if you work with a rescue, you can get them pulled that way. No matter what, this is not an easy process.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I was thinking the same thing. If they're druggies maybe they'd take money for the dogs? It's a longshot but maybe worth a try. I wonder how their kids are doing.
They will not go for the money thing. The guys mother bought him the house they live in to get him out of her hair. So I guess she pays all their bills too. Neither work, never leave the house but maybe twice a month. Kids are recluses like them. Never in the yard or outside anywhere. Never see them in the back part of the house. They must all stay in one room all day, dunno. Once they open the glass doors in the back to let the dogs out in the morning, they never go back to those doors until way late at night to let them in. So they never give the dogs any water. NEVER ANY HUMAN CONTACT, ATTENTION!!!
If it rains the dogs would go under some bushes or just lay in the rain. They do not care, they just want to know they have dogs in their backyard.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,412,300 times
Once again, I would never condone doing anything illegal but dogs have been known to get out through a break in a fence or through a hole dug underneath. Sometimes the area where it looks like that they got out through isn't really the way they got out at all. Even if they do dig into into someone's backyard, they have been known to dig out of there too or slip through an open gate. Of course the person whose yard the dogs got into, would probably want to go next door and tell the original owners that their dogs dug into his/her yard and then got out into the neighborhood. It would be too bad if that person wasn't able to let them know right a way due to another commitment that kept them from coming over to report it.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,437,357 times
What about the Humane Society? They wouldn't want their dogs living in these conditions. I'm sure he signed a contract to give them proper care.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Once again, I would never condone doing anything illegal but dogs have been known to get out through a break in a fence or through a hole dug underneath. Sometimes the area where it looks like that they got out through isn't really the way they got out at all. Even if they do dig into into someone's backyard, they have been known to dig out of there too or slip through an open gate. Of course the person whose yard the dogs got into, would probably want to go next door and tell the original owners that their dogs dug into his/her yard and then got out into the neighborhood. It would be too bad if that person wasn't able to let them know right a way due to another commitment that kept them from coming over to report it.
That three-smiley rep point that you just got that was unsigned? 'Twas from me.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Thanx all!
Time is on my side for a while. Keep the ideas coming! I just need to get them fed right now. I will see if the pet store can recommend something.
This is a terrible situation for those poor dogs.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:58 AM

268 posts, read 704,338 times
I hope the dogs figure out a way to dig out as VA has suggested. It sounds as if offering to buy the dogs would be a waste of time, the man is 'attached" ( yeah right ) to the one dog and got the 2nd for company for it...well, it may be just a case of ignorance and not willfull abuse/neglect, but in any case it is the dogs who are paying the price. In my case, the owner had AC convinced in the beginning that he, too, was attached to his backyard dog. When this "caring" owner finally moved away over a year later, the skeletal remains of a small dog were found in a closet in the home.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,412,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
That three-smiley rep point that you just got that was unsigned? 'Twas from me.
LOL - thanks Dawn. Lets just say I've seen the above scenerio happen to a few different dog owners. Its so sad when their dogs aren't ever found by them again...so sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs