Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:03 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,843,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
IKR! You know me so well!
So you do agree that Richmond County is worst?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 12:07 PM

515 posts, read 631,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
So you do agree that Richmond County is worst?
You know me very well, so you should know the answer,pal. Please don't try to start an argument over a city that you randomly brought up, and seem to be quite jealous of.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:56 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,843,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
You know me very well, so you should know the answer,pal. Please don't try to start an argument over a city that you randomly brought up, and seem to be quite jealous of.
Jealous of what?

The simple fact that you're using multiple accounts just to bash Columbus is sad.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:35 PM

515 posts, read 631,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Jealous of what?

The simple fact that you're using multiple accounts just to bash Columbus is sad.
Please, do not try to start an argument with me.The simple fact the multiple posters agree with me and not you doesn't mean that a person has multiple accounts. A lot of people just tend to have sense, and see Columbus for what it really is, not what it wants to be. If you don't have any proof or evidence, then you shouldn't accuse people of things like that. Would you like if I accused you of having multiple accounts just because some other poster agreed with something you said? It would be more convincing that trying to frame me. Do you know how many Columbus posters actually happen to have Columbus in their names. Interesting... If you think about it, it's almost...sad.

Last edited by cnd33; 12-29-2014 at 03:45 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 06:37 PM

179 posts, read 289,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzPriss2443 View Post
Hi my name is Priscilla. I am a 43 year old single, black mom. After staying in St. Louis, MO all my life except for 7 years of staying in Jefferson City, MO and one year of staying in South Bend, IN, I decided that it was time for a change and decided to move to Columbus, GA. I have a cousin that stays in Atlanta but I didn't want to stay there. I have a 14 year old daughter coming with me as well as my 21 year old with her 5 year old son, so schools are important. I have worked as a CNA for about 18 years and plan to continue in that field until Iim done with school. I'm moving for personal reasons... I have read some posts on here that were kinda old but very negitave about columbus Georgia and I would like to read somthing of this year. In the meantime I'm transfering my licence and looking for a house to rent and would like some info on jobs and housing. I don't think I will have a job before I get there so rent above 600 a month will be too much. Hopefully my 21 year old will. We plan on visiting the first part of February and plan on moving by March...if everything goes as planned. Any I formation would be greatly appreciated.
I have been in Columbus for 34 years and call it home. It's not as bad as some say & it's not as good as some say. Overall I would say its O.K. First thing is finding your place to call home, 600.00 and below makes your
choices important. I work all over Columbus on rental properties and there are good places for that budget
and bad ones. If you are interested in apartments there are good places for that amount. Houses are harder
to find for that amount. Also consider water/basic cable are included with most apartments.I know there
are alot of 2br 2baths townhouse apts that go for 550 -650(water included) check the local realty co.
website .I don't think I can mention business names on here. God bless on your change.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:39 PM

8 posts, read 12,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusmetro89 View Post
Ok great I hope you like columbus because there's less traffic you have to deal with so commute times are short compared to cities like atlanta who has horrible traffic. You'll just have to get use to a small city feel in columbus with you coming from a big city like st.louis missouri. But columbus ga is a growing city we have a major shopping outdoor mall in north columbus called columbus parked crossing so columbus almost has everything a big city would have. Except columbus has a small town feel.
Well I can definatly deal with that since I lived in Jefferson City, Mo for 7 years. It seems that Columbus has a little more to do than Jefferson City did. After my 3 oldest got grown and left it was pretty boring.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:46 PM

286 posts, read 438,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
I have been in Columbus for 34 years and call it home. It's not as bad as some say & it's not as good as some say. Overall I would say its O.K. First thing is finding your place to call home, 600.00 and below makes your
choices important. I work all over Columbus on rental properties and there are good places for that budget
and bad ones. If you are interested in apartments there are good places for that amount. Houses are harder
to find for that amount. Also consider water/basic cable are included with most apartments.I know there
are alot of 2br 2baths townhouse apts that go for 550 -650(water included) check the local realty co.
website .I don't think I can mention business names on here. God bless on your change.
Yeah apartments are becoming the next big thing everywhere. I guess because there cheap to maintain and you don't have to worry about yard work either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA