Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:59 PM

783 posts, read 1,161,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusmetro89 View Post
And I read in your post about you going to school. Columbus ga has a good variety of colleges here to choose from and we have descent hostipals as well.
There's also CVCC over in Phenix City, and the huge Troy State campus being built on the Riverwalk area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 05:58 AM

286 posts, read 438,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Dockery View Post
There's also CVCC over in Phenix City, and the huge Troy State campus being built on the Riverwalk area.
Yeah I forgot to mention them.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzPriss2443 View Post
I understand that crime is everywhere and I feel that being a native St. Louisa that if I can live here and survive I can probably live just about anywhere. It is refreshing to know that I will not have to deal with so much racism like here but once again...I survived. I need a change of scenery and a better environment for me and my daughters and especially my grandson.
You should like columbus it's slowly improving you just have to make a weekend trip down here to check it out to see if you like it.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:01 PM

8 posts, read 12,584 times
That is the plan in January.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:06 PM

29 posts, read 41,650 times
Do not move here. Columbus is practically a mini-St. Louis. Several of Columbus's major employers are hemorraging jobs or undergoimg hiring freezes(even the healthcare field). A bachelors degree is pretty much MANDATORY here unless you are willing to work for poverty wages.The local schools(yes, even the so called "good" northside schools)teach 2-3 grade levels behind schools in Metro Atlanta. The schools are engaged in a school to prison pipeline and suspend/expel/press charges against middle and high school kids for trivial offenses. Crime here is 3 times the national average. The cost of living is the same as in Metro Atlanta despite rock bottom wages. Most caucasians over 30 are covertly passive aggressively racist and the african american middle class here is extremely small due to institutional racism. Campus police at the local university murdered an unarmed black male last summer. If you wish to move to Georgia i would recommend you move to suburban metro atlanta.

Last edited by john7448; 12-27-2014 at 09:24 PM..

Old 12-27-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john7448 View Post
Do not move here. Columbus is practically a mini-St. Louis. Several of Columbus's major employers are hemorraging jobs or undergoimg hiring freezes(even the healthcare field). A bachelors degree is pretty much MANDATORY here unless you are willing to work for poverty wages.The local schools(yes, even the so called "good" northside schools)teach 2-3 grade levels behind schools in Metro Atlanta. The schools are engaged in a school to prison pipeline and suspend/expel/press charges against middle and high school kids for trivial offenses. Crime here is 3 times the national average. The cost of living is the same as in Metro Atlanta despite rock bottom wages. Most caucasians over 30 are covertly passive aggressively racist and the african american middle class here is extremely small due to institutional racism. Campus police at the local university murdered an unarmed black male last summer. If you wish to move to Georgia i would recommend you move to suburban metro atlanta.
Maybe she does not want to move to atlanta because if she did then she would have mentioned it in the atlanta forum not in the columbus forum for location of living. And racism is not that bad in columbus.Yeah I can agree that crime in columbus is high but that's due to robberies and murders not racism. But if you want a slower paced simple life with less traffic then columbus is for you. But if you like a city with hustle and bustle and with heavy traffic then atlanta would be for you.

This part goes for john7448 who posted above not the relocation person. John you seem like your one of the negative posters who always puts columbus down every city has crime and it's problems including atlanta. So quit making columbus out to be a bad place there's good parts of columbus and there's bad parts of columbus like any other city.

Last edited by columbusmetro89; 12-27-2014 at 11:13 PM..

Old 12-28-2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Maybe she does not want to move to atlanta because if she did then she would have mentioned it in the atlanta forum not in the columbus forum for location of living. And racism is very covert in columbus.Yeah I can agree that crime in columbus is high but that's due to robberies and murders not racism. But if you want a slower paced simple life with less traffic then columbus is for you. But if you like a city with hustle and bustle and with heavy traffic then atlanta would be for you.

This part goes for john7448 who posted above not the relocation person. John you seem like your one of the negative posters who always puts columbus down every city has crime and it's problems including atlanta. So quit making columbus out to be a bad place there's good parts of columbus and there's bad parts of columbus like any other city.
Fixed.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Maybe she does not want to move to atlanta because if she did then she would have mentioned it in the atlanta forum not in the columbus forum for location of living. And racism is very covert and passive aggressive in columbus.Yeah I can agree that crime in columbus is high and that's due to robberies and murders. But if you want to be bored to death and be stuck working at poverty wages then columbus is for you. But if you like a city with hustle and bustle and with heavy traffic then atlanta would be for you.

Fixed.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:31 AM

8 posts, read 12,584 times
Thank you, everyone for your information as well as your insights on columbus. The truth is I had already made up my mind on moving to Columbus ga, I just wanted a little information on the place. Like I said, if I can live here in St. Louis, MO, I can live anywhere...well except for Texas which I truly didn't like!👎

Old 12-28-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzPriss2443 View Post
Thank you, everyone for your information as well as your insights on columbus. The truth is I had already made up my mind on moving to Columbus ga, I just wanted a little information on the place. Like I said, if I can live here in St. Louis, MO, I can live anywhere...well except for Texas which I truly didn't like!��
Ok great I hope you like columbus because there's less traffic you have to deal with so commute times are short compared to cities like atlanta who has horrible traffic. You'll just have to get use to a small city feel in columbus with you coming from a big city like st.louis missouri. But columbus ga is a growing city we have a major shopping outdoor mall in north columbus called columbus parked crossing so columbus almost has everything a big city would have. Except columbus has a small town feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA