Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 08:29 AM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times

Advertisements

So Pueblo City Council gave initial approval to fund a real-time crime center, furnished by Federal Covid-19 grants.

Hundreds of other American cities are already doing this.

First thing I've heard from gov't that's made any sense in a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2023, 12:08 PM

977 posts, read 1,330,207 times
Hope you guys get this economic development project:

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...er-pueblo.html

Could be Vestas expanding it's Colorado footprint, but more likely a new entrant.

Old 10-24-2023, 06:21 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,484,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Hope you guys get this economic development project:

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...er-pueblo.html

Could be Vestas expanding it's Colorado footprint, but more likely a new entrant.

I am excited.

The code name for the project is Danish. When I googled turbine companies based in Denmark it looks like only Vestas is based there so my educated guess is that it is Vestas.

Pueblo could attract 2,300-plus jobs if company accepts incentive package

The company — using the code name Project Danish — would build a warehouse, an administrative building, two workshops used in blade production and a training facility for employees. The project would also involve construction of a waste management system for waste produced at the plant.

https://daily.gazette.com/article/281487871023555

Old 10-24-2023, 08:48 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I am excited.

The code name for the project is Danish. When I googled turbine companies based in Denmark it looks like only Vestas is based there so my educated guess is that it is Vestas.

Pueblo could attract 2,300-plus jobs if company accepts incentive package

The company — using the code name Project Danish — would build a warehouse, an administrative building, two workshops used in blade production and a training facility for employees. The project would also involve construction of a waste management system for waste produced at the plant.

https://daily.gazette.com/article/281487871023555
Welcome back Joss.

Old 10-25-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Welcome back Joss.

Thanks!

Not much going on lately to talk about however things seem to be changing.

Besides this we have:

1) The steel mill expanding

2) CS Wind expanding.

3) New 6 story condo midrise going in next to downtown that will change the sky line and the urban renewal authority says 5 more are coming.

4) A 20 story sky scraper is still possible.

5) Finally new housing developments.

Old 10-31-2023, 05:21 PM

1,957 posts, read 2,307,998 times
Yay

Old 11-17-2023, 05:41 PM

22,868 posts, read 6,446,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Pueblo never rose.

It goes slow.

It sits low.

What a dork that guy is. Wasted 45 minutes showing vids of lower Bessemer, Dog Patch, a much maligned but still functioning steel mill.

There are several decent neighborhoods in the town of Pueblo, Pueblo West, Colorado City, Rye, Beulah, etc.

Go to Denver and CoSprings and you can find plenty of crime, drugs rape and blight.

But pick on Pueblo.

Just don't try and waste 45 minutes of my time, thankyouverymuch.
Saw this, made me sad. Lived in Pueblo, now Pueblo West. Been here since 1984.
Lived in Youngstown, Ohio….wouldn’t want to go back.
Lived in San Diego, California….wouldn’t want to go back.
Pueblo is fine. Many nice areas are not represented.

Last edited by pekemom; 11-17-2023 at 06:11 PM..

Old 12-03-2023, 01:30 AM

7 posts, read 7,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post

This gem popped up on YT recently. It's pretty good ... worth watching.
Videos like this hopefully just keep the area cheap. I prefer Pueblo over Colorado Springs but it is rough in ~75% of the city, including PW.

We had a driveby shooting where I work that caused a fire. Pretty much Pueblo in a sentence. But overall it's a nice place, especially if you bought in prior years when it was cheap. Even now it's overpriced but...doable.

Old 12-22-2023, 03:41 PM

4,036 posts, read 2,725,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perustaja View Post
Videos like this hopefully just keep the area cheap. I prefer Pueblo over Colorado Springs but it is rough in ~75% of the city, including PW.

We had a driveby shooting where I work that caused a fire. Pretty much Pueblo in a sentence. But overall it's a nice place, especially if you bought in prior years when it was cheap. Even now it's overpriced but...doable.

That was an interesting video. I've only been to Pueblo once in all my years in Colorado--I took my mom and aunt to the Arkansas Riverwalk and we rode one of the boats. But typically, my experience with Pueblo is to drive on through (just don't really have a reason to go there or stop there, really.) I would like to go to the State Fair one of these years. A lot of people say our state fair isn't any big deal, but I'd still like to go, just to say I've been, if that makes any sense.

What I do see of Pueblo from the highway reminds me of sections of the Greater St. Louis Area by the Riverfront--the mills and factories, for example. When my mom and aunt were visiting and we drove around, one of them mentioned "this sort of reminds me of Alton (IL, on the other side of the river)."

I think I always thought of it as a 'retiree town', because for awhile, it seemed that I knew a *lot* of people who decided to move to Pueblo to retire, so I guess I just thought of it as an 'older town', if that makes sense.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:18 PM

Pueblo is the finalist to get the Reno races.

What are the Reno Races? They are the championship air races. Some basic info:

In 2023 an estimated 140,000 fans attended the Reno races most from out of state and nation.

The National Championship Air Races are a one-of-a-kind air racing event which has brought an estimated $100 million in annual economic impact to its current home in northern Nevada.

Here is the article on it:

The race is on for three U.S. cities seeking to become the new home of the National Championship Air Races.
Pueblo was announced as one of three finalist cities Thursday in a news release from the Reno Air Racing Association. The other two cities hoping to take over the air races as they depart from their longtime home in Reno, Nevada, are Casper, Wyoming, and Roswell, New Mexico.

The link: https://www.chieftain.com/story/news...s/72793851007/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado