Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynMelRN2007 View Post
What does a basketball have to do with gangs?????? Anyway spend some time with Silverton Police and ask them about the gang problems. I meet with them on a weekly basis d/t the double homicide in Silverton September 23rd Sunday night. I know the 2 teenagers who were shot personally. They were all out to my house a week before they were murdered and I had spoken to them on the phone that night 2hrs prior to their murder. I also know the officers @ Silverton police station personally. I call them on their cell phones on a regular basis and occ have had lunch with a few. They can inform you of all the gang activity that is in the neighborhood and close surrounding areas. There is alot of gang activity at the little park on Zinsle Ave and the surrounding side streets...which are still Silverton. There are some quiet areas in Silverton just like any other neighborhood but dont be in denial about the other sections.
Listen i know Bruce Plummer. The silverton Detective. They don't allow the things that Cincinnati allows. You will NEVER see anyone hanging around corners just standing there trying to sell drugs. For some reason i bet you never been to the police station in silverton.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:03 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,460 times
And Zinzle Ave is not even in Silverton. That shows me how little you know about this area.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:26 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,716,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
the city of cincinnati has major crime issues that few cities have.
What crime issues does Cincinnati have that peer cities don't?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM

710 posts, read 3,045,265 times
the only 'crime' issues cincinnati has relate to the artificial boundaries of the city.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:05 AM

86 posts, read 415,893 times
Cool I Know Him Too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Listen i know Bruce Plummer. The silverton Detective. They don't allow the things that Cincinnati allows. You will NEVER see anyone hanging around corners just standing there trying to sell drugs. For some reason i bet you never been to the police station in silverton.

Its a small world I know Plummer very well matter of fact I met with him earlier this week along with Kabakoff, Chatman and a few others . I never said anything bad about Silverton Police...I love them all for what they do and they have always done a GREAT job. That isn't the issue @ hand. There is still gang activity in the area and they are well aware of it. BTW who said anything about anyone hanging on the corners selling drugs?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:20 AM

86 posts, read 415,893 times
Talking "zinsle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
And Zinzle Ave is not even in Silverton. That shows me how little you know about this area.
I just used to live in Silverton for 10 yrs & still manage 2 ACF's there for the past 12 yrs thats all...LOL Regardless of who currently lives/works where the point remains that YES there is gang activity there...LOL

Old 05-31-2008, 05:29 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,451,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
What crime issues does Cincinnati have that peer cities don't?
that wasn't what i said. there are hundreds of cities in america. few cities nationally have the crime problem and social tension cincinnati has. i'll say it again. detroit, n.o., bmore and st. louis all exceed cincinnati in crime, but none of these cities have the social tension cincinnati has. that makes it a difficult place to live if you don't have much money and have to send your kids to cps. after those four, washington, philly, and cleveland join cincinnati in that category of a teetering city a gentle breeze away from falling off the mountain. to be one of the ten most troubled cities in america is not some trinket they hand out on a tuesday night at gabp.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:35 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
Cincinnati has its problems with crime but I dont see how it has crime issues that other cities dont have. The only thing I think you can possibly mean is with the riots, but even Toledo and a few other cities had riots in the past 10 years, its not just Cincinnati. I wouldnt put Cincinnati on the top of the crime list either, I could name a lot of cities over 75,000 that are worse than Cincinnati: (In no order) Detroit, St. Louis, Camden, Youngstown, D.C., Newark, Cleveland, Baltimore, Compton, Atlanta, Gary, Hartford, Richmond VA, Richmond CA, Memphis, Flint, Birmingham AL, North Charleston Trenton, Kansas City. Talking crime, I would think of all of those cities before I would think of Cincinnati.

Also, last I heard Cincinnati was 16th most dangerous(2007), and thats the highest its ever been on the list most years its not even in the top 25.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 PM

5 posts, read 80,458 times
Default I really think you all need to open your eyes

Maybe it is because many of you have lived in Cincinnati all your lives and feel that this town has soo much crime.

Maybe some of you are older and consider smaller things crime.

I understand that yes, you have some crime. Any city will have crime.

Yes, you have some drug problems, maybe some murder, maybe some prostitution, and maybe some small home grown wanne be gangs.

I am just saying compared to many other cities, this city is VERY safe.

Coming from a larger city and seeing heavy crime, the crime you have hear is incomparable.

I don't read stats because they can be altered and many things that happen are not reported on them.

Yes, I will agree that you have racial tension here. It appears that there is some prejudice and racial profiling here.

All I have to say is... personally I laugh at people who think that there is a serious crime problem here.

I have lived in places with serious crime problems and I feel completely safe in Cincinnati. It is not about school yard boasting or whatever it was that someone said about me, it was truth that the crime here is laughable compared to real "ghetto" areas as someone else put it. And yes, I understand that some of you are saying that you have groups of guys who grew up together and not large "name brand" types of gangs. Chicago has COUNTLESS amounts of those also. I could start naming hundreds of those gangs too. Those larger gangs are more dangerous because they are run like a business, a corporation. They are more organized and lethal. All I am saying is that although you have SOME crime in Cincinnati, it really is NOT serious.

I keep hearing about the crime on my side of town, Price Hill, Westwood, etc. I go through College Hill and by the University all the time where there is a supposed problem. I have volunteered by the community center that is in the projects. I have gone to community meetings where the biggest issues are loud noise and how high the grass is. So, I am involved in my community and know that there really is not a high crime issue or high gang activity. I am involved in my surroundings, I volunteer in areas of the city some people here seem to be afraid of, and to tell you the truth.. have not witnessed a crime yet.

And Mr. Hillside who keeps saying that Chicago does not have the gang problems that I spoke of and who wants to quote stats, have you followed the news or the papers lately and heard about the over 20 school children that have died in crossfire from gang fights? Do not make light of all those victims. My heart goes out to the families who have to deal with those senseless deaths. The reason that the crime rates are starting to go down in Chicago is that they are tearing down many of the low income housing and moving a lot of those people out to the suburbs...where the crime rate is going up. So, look at all the statistics. I was just making a point that Chicago has a much higher problem than here. And yes maybe it is because it is a bigger city with a much higher population count. More people means more bad people that start trouble. My point was that for anyone who has ever lived in a large city that has experienced high levels of crime, the crime rate here is very low.

My heart goes out to those who have lost people in crimes. I have lost people I love in senseless crimes also. So, I am not making light of those actions that have taken place. I really do feel horrible that innocent people die for no reason, it is infuriating.

I responded to a question. The question that was originally asked was are there gang problems here, is Cincinnati safe to live in.

My answer still stands, No I do not believe that Cincinnati has a serious crime problem. Yes, every city has crimes, but there is not a major problem or epidemic here. And Yes, I think that Cincinnati is a safe place to live and raise a family. I think the school system is way better here than in other cities. I think that Cincinnati is beautiful, unpolluted, low crime, and a wonderful place to live.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:12 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,451,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Cincinnati has its problems with crime but I dont see how it has crime issues that other cities dont have. The only thing I think you can possibly mean is with the riots, but even Toledo and a few other cities had riots in the past 10 years, its not just Cincinnati. I wouldnt put Cincinnati on the top of the crime list either, I could name a lot of cities over 75,000 that are worse than Cincinnati: (In no order) Detroit, St. Louis, Camden, Youngstown, D.C., Newark, Cleveland, Baltimore, Compton, Atlanta, Gary, Hartford, Richmond VA, Richmond CA, Memphis, Flint, Birmingham AL, North Charleston Trenton, Kansas City. Talking crime, I would think of all of those cities before I would think of Cincinnati.

Also, last I heard Cincinnati was 16th most dangerous(2007), and thats the highest its ever been on the list most years its not even in the top 25.
large cities. why compare cincinnati to youngstown and trenton? dowsn't make sense. and just because you think that, doesn't mean every one does. the world is bigger than you. morgan quitno is bogus, imo. the fbi list is more credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati