Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 PM

865 posts, read 1,472,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
If OSHA can substantiate this was due to substandard building practices, I hope they frost them bigtime. Our workers simply should not be subject to such environments, even if no one gets killed. Let's see how significant the injuries are, and how long it may put them out of work.
One of the comments on one of the articles claims that a couple have broken backs. I hope that is not the case, and that everyone makes a swift recovery.

This just doesn't make sense. The same thing happened in Cleveland a couple months ago. I would think it has to be an engineering problem.

@abr7rmj: I am very excited about the proposals, but I too think a new tallest on Broadway would not be good for the skyline. It would be heavily lopsided to the East side of downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
There is a lot going on despite the adverse economic conditions. I was recently introduced to a new and interesting project along the riverfront view area just to the east of the David Joseph Building at 310 Culvert St. 45202 It appears to have beautiful river views and walking distance to all of the central business district.

I think this is a very interesting place: The Edge

The Edge | Commercial Loft Office Space in Downtown Cincinnati, 513-621-8600, WorkAtTheEdge.com

Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
There is a lot going on despite the adverse economic conditions. I was recently introduced to a new and interesting project along the riverfront view area just to the east of the David Joseph Building at 310 Culvert St. 45202 It appears to have beautiful river views and walking distance to all of the central business district.

The Edge | Commercial Loft Office Space in Downtown Cincinnati, 513-621-8600, WorkAtTheEdge.com

Wow, I thought this project was cancelled years ago. The original plans called for 2 condo towers, which were actually pretty cool looking. Do you have any info on this as far as the timeline? I would love to see this project built!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
Wow, I thought this project was cancelled years ago. The original plans called for 2 condo towers, which were actually pretty cool looking. Do you have any info on this as far as the timeline? I would love to see this project built!
I think the shell is done and only tenant finishes are left. Maybe windows. I am soused to see it this week and I'll take my pocket camera and post some photos.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
I think the shell is done and only tenant finishes are left. Maybe windows. I am supposed to see it this week and I'll take my pocket camera and post some photos.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:35 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times
Quote:
I think the shell is done and only tenant finishes are left. Maybe windows. I am soused .. .
Kinda early on a Sunday morning for that, idnn't it?

Old 01-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
Kinda early on a Sunday morning for that, idnn't it?

I have insomnia. But, I am taking a nice nap this afternoon with Jack the Cat. So there!

Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
Quote:

I thought this building was rehabbed years ago, if it's the same project I'm thinking of. Is this building at the light there across from the entrance to Sawyer Point? If so, it's been occupied at least partially for years.

Cincifan - You're thinking of the development that was proposed by the Gregory family (of Montgomery Inn fame) for the land they own on the river adjacent to the PP Bridge. There used to be a one-story banquet center there years ago that they demo'd in order to build their dual high-rise condo. Unfortunately, that was put on the back burner due to the economic climate. I haven't heard anything about it in awhile but the land remains, as does a large vacant parcel just to the north of that property and directly west of Wilson's Edge. The irony of condo towers at that location is, should they be built, they would significantly block river views from the high-priced condos at Park Place at Lytle. That's a good problem for downtown to have though - jockeying and building higher for better views.

With the extreme residential success of The Banks and OTR, I would expect we'll be seeing quite a few new apartment/condo projects popping up in the coming year.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
I thought this building was rehabbed years ago, if it's the same project I'm thinking of. Is this building at the light there across from the entrance to Sawyer Point? If so, it's been occupied at least partially for years.

Cincifan - You're thinking of the development that was proposed by the Gregory family (of Montgomery Inn fame) for the land they own on the river adjacent to the PP Bridge. There used to be a one-story banquet center there years ago that they demo'd in order to build their dual high-rise condo. Unfortunately, that was put on the back burner due to the economic climate. I haven't heard anything about it in awhile but the land remains, as does a large vacant parcel just to the north of that property and directly west of Wilson's Edge. The irony of condo towers at that location is, should they be built, they would significantly block river views from the high-priced condos at Park Place at Lytle. That's a good problem for downtown to have though - jockeying and building higher for better views.

With the extreme residential success of The Banks and OTR, I would expect we'll be seeing quite a few new apartment/condo projects popping up in the coming year.

You're right. I was thinking of One River Plaza.

I would love to see those get built someday!

It's good to hear the edge is nearing completion. Are there any confirmed tennants?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 AM

21 posts, read 40,649 times
The gateway district has seen amazing growth too just in the past year with the additions of:
A Tavola
Senate
Lackman
Sloane Boutique
Bakersfield (new one!)

and not to mention Washington Park in the works and much more. Great mention of OTR adopts earlier, I know a few people engaged in the project and am thinking of jumping in myself though it is a large task!

Cincy underground tours are AWESOME and such a great way to see this growth and how it ties to this city's history. You can't help but be excited by all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati