Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 03:29 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
...enjoy the areas. Much more so than other poor parts of America, in fact. Shocking, huh

Pretty interesting videos.
He Gives data and history on the towns and his opinions while touring them. He Doesn't seem to have a bias one way or the other, which is rare and refreshing. Most of his competitors are ultra maga and love to show how awful ca is by only showing the absolute worst parts of town. You guys know how these grifters operate. Well, this guy doesn't operate like that. He shows the good and the bad equally. If you like these videos, check out his non ca videos. They're just as good.

Extremely Rural Fresno county

South Fresno

Imperial County

San Jose and Oakland are next up(San Jose shouldn't be lumped with these towns, but it doesn't have the best rep either) for him to tour.
Or their 'shtick' is being 'ultra MAGA' re $ (irrespective of what they may believe).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Hometown of Bills QB Josh Allen (and generations of his family, for over 100 years) .

Old 03-31-2024, 04:08 PM

Quote:
As someone who lived in San Francisco for a year and visited my grandmother who lived outside Bakersfield for decades. I agree its coastal Californians who bash the central valley. Most people in other states don't really understand the differences between living near the coast and inland in the central valley. And how the people are different. For people in the Bay Area the central valley is a place you need to drive past to reach destinations you want to go to like Tahoe, Yosemite, etc. Its never a place you want to go to.

I would take the central valley over Phoenix. Especially if I was in a situation where I worked from home. The coast and mountains are not far. And you don't have Phoenix level heat.
I agree with AO that part of it could be a liberal - conservative thing.

One of my uncles was a wealthy conservative owner of a number of businesses in the Bay Area, LA, and the Central Valley. They had a ski and summer house on a golf course in the mountains, and their year round house was in Los Altos Hills. They moved from Los Altos Hills to the Del Rio Country Club (outside of Modesto and Oakdale) because they wanted to be closer to their mountain house. They moved right before their third kid's senior year in prep school, and entrusted my cousin to live out his senior year in the house in a responsible manner (he was headed for UCLA). My uncle even built his mother in law (also a conservative woman) a house down the street...and she moved there after having lived her entire life in San Francisco. My uncle died prematurely about 15 years after they moved, but my aunt lived the rest of her life in that house (she remarried, and then outlived him too).

Old 03-31-2024, 09:47 PM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Oh. Ewww!

Old 03-31-2024, 09:52 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Another Youtuber who now lives in SF I believe, is Peter Santerello. He is originally from Vermontbut lived in the Ukraine for anumber of years and married a cute Ukrainian lady. He does a lot of tours of down and out, or tough towns all over the US. His stuff is a little more eclectic, interviewing the Brooklyn Orthodox community or Latin gangs of LA, wide gamut.
He is almost constantly conversing with someone as he tours along.

Old 03-31-2024, 11:35 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
Nick doesn't pull punches that's for sure. Some can't handle that. Dirty is dirty, filth is filth and overcrowding and homeless is simply a reality for many large cities especially in Cali. Can't blame the people however. There simply are have's and have not's and that's not going to change. Your governor sure would like to dig a lot deeper into the have's that's for sure. ;-)

Nick Johnson was born & raised in San Bernardino, CA & spent his early career in the IE. Watch his video reviewing his hometown, he is 100% dead-on. He's making his living from You Tube so of course he has an agenda, but less than others of his ilk, IMO.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:26 AM

7,253 posts, read 3,776,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
So how long does one have to LIVE in California before they can be considered a Californian?
If you didn't grow up in California, how can you be a Californian? The same is true for every state.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Every youtube content provider has an agenda. When you say you don't like a guy's content, it is just that you don't agree with his bias. You prefer the other guy's bias. That is all it means.

But yes, the guy in the OP's video's are pretty straight forward. I get bored with all his stats. I could look that up my self. Meanwhile, at least Nick Johnson talks to locals.

If you want the viewpoint of a disgruntled Cuban who likes to bash the rich and the government and identies with poor minorities, then there is always the "Southern Life" guy below. He does a ton of "hoods" and homeless. I think he is hilarious. The banter with him constantly insulting his wife is pretty funny and I think it is just their "act" rather than genuine animosity.

He has a ton of content as well.

Not to hijack a California thread per se. Just offering another youtuber. His San Francisco vid below is interesting and surprised even him.
What the hell is that guy driving in the first video? It's slower than my old '76 Corolla. He got blown away by a Prius. lol

I can't concentrate on the video with everyone passing him like like he was someone with cerebral palsy riding a tricycle in the bike lane.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Yes, he is a straight shooter. He cites published poverty rates and crime rates. Walks downtown and drives a few suburbs. Then he and his wife go for drinks. I am sure some watch just for his wife. She used to be in bikinis or low cut tops and shorts before they changed their official youtube name from "Lord Sporda".
I'm sure she paid a lot of money for them and wants to show them off. Or use them to increase clicks or views or whatever.

Old 04-01-2024, 08:04 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Another Youtuber who now lives in SF I believe, is Peter Santerello. He is originally from Vermontbut lived in the Ukraine for anumber of years and married a cute Ukrainian lady. He does a lot of tours of down and out, or tough towns all over the US. His stuff is a little more eclectic, interviewing the Brooklyn Orthodox community or Latin gangs of LA, wide gamut.
He is almost constantly conversing with someone as he tours along.
I really like Peter's videos. He really interacts with everyone to give a good sense of what the community is actually like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California