Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:12 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,681,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
All the resources in the world are meaningless if poorly managed, count Toyuta's F1 championships as a good example.

And resources won't cut a good light, 999 round wins out of a possible 2000 is a record Zippy the Wonder Slug will likely never come close to,
Not talking about John. He is probably the best pure driver out there. Catches traction loss better than others. Knows how to use throttle and brake at the same time. Ashley isn't there yet. Not enough laps. Her win was mostly Guido.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:24 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,477,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Not talking about John. He is probably the best pure driver out there. Catches traction loss better than others. Knows how to use throttle and brake at the same time. Ashley isn't there yet. Not enough laps. Her win was mostly Guido.

Racing is very much a team sport, no driver wins a race alone. I'd say Ashley's 3 consecutive final round appearances have punched her credibility ticket as a competetitive Force, pun intended

Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,311,128 times
Cool Drag Racing Rules

I beleave that it is a team sport. the responsibility is 50/50. a pit crew won't win without a driver and driver won't win without pit crew. a driver has just as much preasure as any one else on the team. when a crew chief makes a bad adjustment the driver is the one that has to save the day. or try to anyway. also a driver is only one person not 10 guys rebuilding an engine. i think the driver has more preasure than the pit crew.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Cool Drag Racing

How about that tim wilkerson, that guy really pulled a rabbit out of his hat didn't he ? 1 qualifer and wins the race. good for him.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM

68,348 posts, read 54,477,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
How about that tim wilkerson, that guy really pulled a rabbit out of his hat didn't he ? 1 qualifer and wins the race. good for him.

YUP! Good to see a small, independent team win and always nice to see the 'old' guys can still Rock 'N Roll

Old 05-05-2008, 01:21 PM

Watch for Tim's son, Dan, to run Tim's car at the IHRA race in Milan MI May 23-25. If you are in the neighborhood stop and see him. I'm sure Tim will be his crew chief.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Not pulling rabbits. He has qualified #1 in 4 of 7 races this year and sits #1 in points.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 PM

Cool Cool Dude

Quote:
Not pulling rabbits. He has qualified #1 in 4 of 7 races this year and sits #1 in points.

let's see how long he can hold this pace. yeah, but what i'm saying is he finaly top it off by doing both. that's the rabbit i'm talking about

Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
let's see how long he can hold this pace. yeah, but what i'm saying is he finaly top it off by doing both. that's the rabbit i'm talking about
I get defensive about Tim. I spent 10 years as a Chaplain to NHRA Div 3 when he was running the NAPA AFC. He remains a good friend and is what all racers should be. Driver, crew chief, mechanic, business owner, husband, father and all around good guy.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 AM

Talking Drag Racing Rules

Quote:
I get defensive about Tim. I spent 10 years as a Chaplain to NHRA Div 3 when he was running the NAPA AFC. He remains a good friend and is what all racers should be. Driver, crew chief, mechanic, business owner, husband, father and all around good guy.

I'm not saying anything bad about him. i think he is a great driver. to acomplish what he has so far this year is a great thing. just like me i have been folowing john force for a long time and we share the same birthday. i get a little defensive when people talk bad about him. he's a good guy that has busted his ass to get where he is at, nobody ever handed him anything. what he has today he has created. i have read all about his life, from when he was a kid till now. tim could all so have the same thing if he wanted to. but i guess he chooses not to. john is also husband, father and grandfather plus teamowner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing