Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times

Advertisements

oh the humidity is too much for this mexican!

Already, normally don't have to deal with this until much later in the year....

Ferry to work is so much better than being jammed on those trains
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 AM

656 posts, read 2,743,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
oh the humidity is too much for this mexican!

Already, normally don't have to deal with this until much later in the year....

Ferry to work is so much better than being jammed on those trains
I think you are going to have to deal with a lot of humidity this season. Really I can not believe how much the East Coast got rain this year, every time I turn on the news its another town facing floods. In Perth nothing, in fact I have almost forgotten what rain looks like

Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,731,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
I think you are going to have to deal with a lot of humidity this season. Really I can not believe how much the East Coast got rain this year, every time I turn on the news its another town facing floods. In Perth nothing, in fact I have almost forgotten what rain looks like
... which is not a bad thing

Where I live we've had a few nice gentle rainfalls in the past few days. Mostly at night. And it's been a bit on the cool side, hasn't it? Warming up in the next few days though. The weekend looks perfect with 32 and 34 on Saturday and Sunday. Sunny, of course

Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
... which is not a bad thing

Where I live we've had a few nice gentle rainfalls in the past few days. Mostly at night. And it's been a bit on the cool side, hasn't it? Warming up in the next few days though. The weekend looks perfect with 32 and 34 on Saturday and Sunday. Sunny, of course
Not sure how high it is, but you feel it from 7am (well when I walk out the door).

ha! It hasn't rained in Perth since 1975, right?! It seems to never rain there.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:16 PM

Went to the Eagles concert last night ... fantastic, as expected. Probably my favourite ever group. They don't need light shows or lasers or gimmicks. Just their amazing talent.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:58 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,262,069 times
Quote:
Went to the Eagles concert last night ... fantastic, as expected. Probably my favourite ever group. They don't need light shows or lasers or gimmicks. Just their amazing talent.
Nice one .

Awfully cliched, but I drove through California several years back with the windows down and "Hotel California" blasting through the speakers (with additional volume boost during the brilliant guitar rift at the end)

Old 12-11-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGreen View Post
Nice one .

Awfully cliched, but I drove through California several years back with the windows down and "Hotel California" blasting through the speakers (with additional volume boost during the brilliant guitar rift at the end)
LOL! Yes, very cliche but we've done the same.

Other good tunes for such cliche behaviour: California Dreaming, Ventura Highway, All I Wanna Do, Californication, and anything by the Beach Boys.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:21 PM

^^^ - Walking in Memphis might have been played when I visited....

I saw two shows here in Sydney -- Hotel California is my favourite song.... seeing it live was fantastic!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 PM

656 posts, read 2,743,382 times
Quote:
LOL! Yes, very cliche but we've done the same.

Other good tunes for such cliche behaviour: California Dreaming, Ventura Highway, All I Wanna Do, Californication, and anything by the Beach Boys.
Love America's Ventura Highway, keeping with the Cali theme Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger and Boys of Summer - Don Henley are one's I love for those long drives

On another topic I see Shane Warne is in the News again. No its not about his return from retirement but about his affair with Liz Hurley. I'm not one
for media gossip but that guy really gets around

Old 12-12-2010, 08:40 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Love America's Ventura Highway, keeping with the Cali theme Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger and Boys of Summer - Don Henley are one's I love for those long drives

On another topic I see Shane Warne is in the News again. No its not about his return from retirement but about his affair with Liz Hurley. I'm not one
for media gossip but that guy really gets around
All great songs. Also 'I Love LA' by Randy Newman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand