Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 08:59 AM

9,853 posts, read 13,708,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I'm just dead curious, are you able to go FHA?
My DTI is too high to probably qualify for anything. I have a boat load of student loans, a car payment and credit cards. Not to mention my crap apartment complex (which is currently without water still) sent me to collections for a $40 water bill that hit my credit a few months ago. They didn't switch over names to the person who took over my lease and I owed some water bills. They never reached out and then suddenly i started getting calls. I think I should be able to bump it back up by the end of the summer, but it still sucks. But anyway. I'm not looking to buy right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 09:04 AM

11,835 posts, read 8,033,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
My DTI is too high to probably qualify for anything. I have a boat load of student loans, a car payment and credit cards. Not to mention my crap apartment complex (which is currently without water still) sent me to collections for a $40 water bill that hit my credit a few months ago. They didn't switch over names to the person who took over my lease and I owed some water bills. They never reached out and then suddenly i started getting calls. I think I should be able to bump it back up by the end of the summer, but it still sucks. But anyway. I'm not looking to buy right now.
For the collections, try to dispute it on the credit bureau's if you've already paid it off. Usually the debt collector will see its paid off and won't bother to respond. If they don't respond the credit bureau will erase the entry from your credit.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
For the collections, try to dispute it on the credit bureau's if you've already paid it off. Usually the debt collector will see its paid off and won't bother to respond. If they don't respond the credit bureau will erase the entry from your credit.
Already did.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:10 PM

That’s a start

Can’t help ya with the student loans though! That’s a monster in itself.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:53 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
Had an “incident” in my house last night:

Waking up around 12:30am after rolling over, I heard a very noisy “BANG” from somewhere in the house. That elicited a loud expletive from me as I got out of bed to investigate, waking my wife up in the process.

Anyway, I slipped into my house shoes, grabbed the nightstand 9mm and proceeded to clear the house & garage room by room with all lights on. Didn’t find any burglars and nothing was out of place, which was very perplexing as the noise had obviously originated inside the house. So I went back to bed, trying to think of what could have caused it.... did a spent bullet or meteorite hit the roof? Did a floor tile under stress crack all of a sudden? Quite mystifying to say the least, but it took us a long while to get back to sleep.

Luckily I didn’t encounter a burglar during the house search, as he would have died laughing at the sight of a very portly old man in his house slippers (and nothing else) creeping around with gun in hand. At least I would not have had to shoot him.

Got up late at 7am and did another search throughout the house and found nothing out of place until opening the fridge door to get a drink of water. That’s when I saw blobs of white dough scattered around inside the fridge. A tube of biscuit dough in a door shelf had popped open all on its own during the night with enough explosive violence to blow the metal cap off, making the loud bang when it hit the plastic shelf above it.

So... we are having biscuits for breakfast if they can actually bake, as some were pretty dried out.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

Waking up around 12:30am after rolling over, I heard a very noisy “BANG” from somewhere in the house. That elicited a loud expletive from me as I got out of bed to investigate, waking my wife up in the process.

Anyway, I slipped into my house shoes, grabbed the nightstand 9mm and proceeded to clear the house & garage room by room with all lights on. Didn’t find any burglars and nothing was out of place, which was very perplexing as the noise had obviously originated inside the house. So I went back to bed, trying to think of what could have caused it.... did a spent bullet or meteorite hit the roof? Did a floor tile under stress crack all of a sudden? Quite mystifying to say the least, but it took us a long while to get back to sleep.

Luckily I didn’t encounter a burglar during the house search, as he would have died laughing at the sight of a very portly old man in his house slippers (and nothing else) creeping around with gun in hand. At least I would not have had to shoot him.

Got up late at 7am and did another search throughout the house and found nothing out of place until opening the fridge door to get a drink of water. That’s when I saw blobs of white dough scattered around inside the fridge. A tube of biscuit dough in a door shelf had popped open all on its own during the night with enough explosive violence to blow the metal cap off, making the loud bang when it hit the plastic shelf above it.

So... we are having biscuits for breakfast if they can actually bake, as some were pretty
lol ... those darn biscuit grenades get me every time.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:56 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

So... we are having biscuits for breakfast if they can actually bake, as some were pretty dried out.
lol crazy!

well i have some sad news.....our massive probably close to 40 foot red oak in the back took massive damage as a result of the storm. That tree had a trunk size of three feet in diameter or so...it was healthy and happy.

An arborist visited today and told me that it had started budding out the week before the storm because IT WAS EIGHTY FARKIN DEGREES, only to be followed up with a solid week of arctic temperatures and ice. The ice did the most damage more so than the temps because the ground didn't freeze. This magnificent old oak's buds, which it spent so much resources on, froze and died. The result is that the tree is in critical condition and may die. All I can do is play the waiting game and see if it pulls through. What is making me even more angry and sad is that we are destined to get another ridiculously hot drought this year. So our poor trees withstood record cold and now record heat. There's going to be a lot of tree deaths. I am heartbroken...i know it is a tree, it's not a human being...but I loved that tree..of all the trees, I loved that one...it was the grand belle of the backyard that soared over every other tree. He was happy and supported so much wildlife. The understory plants are going to be blasted by sun during the summer and may die, including a japanese maple that is 400 dollars or so now.

I'm praying for a recovery..

Old 04-08-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
lol crazy!

well i have some sad news.....our massive probably close to 40 foot red oak in the back took massive damage as a result of the storm. That tree had a trunk size of three feet in diameter or so...it was healthy and happy.

An arborist visited today and told me that it had started budding out the week before the storm because IT WAS EIGHTY FARKIN DEGREES, only to be followed up with a solid week of arctic temperatures and ice. The ice did the most damage more so than the temps because the ground didn't freeze. This magnificent old oak's buds, which it spent so much resources on, froze and died. The result is that the tree is in critical condition and may die. All I can do is play the waiting game and see if it pulls through. What is making me even more angry and sad is that we are destined to get another ridiculously hot drought this year. So our poor trees withstood record cold and now record heat. There's going to be a lot of tree deaths. I am heartbroken...i know it is a tree, it's not a human being...but I loved that tree..of all the trees, I loved that one...it was the grand belle of the backyard that soared over every other tree. He was happy and supported so much wildlife. The understory plants are going to be blasted by sun during the summer and may die, including a japanese maple that is 400 dollars or so now.

I'm praying for a recovery..
I also pray it recovers.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:36 AM

Soooo... anyone happen to have a favorite coffee shop?

Old 04-10-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Soooo... anyone happen to have a favorite coffee shop?
Bennu, Radio, Austin Java, Cherrwyood, and Summer Moon are my go tos. Bennu and Summer Moon might have locations up by you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin