Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 03:03 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,054,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Lastest news is that "The One" is in a bit of trouble...in receivership....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2023, 10:53 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Lastest news is that "The One" is in a bit of trouble...in receivership....
Yeah I saw that.. They still have funding to continue construction but Apple which was a lead tenant has withdrawn due to delays.

Knightsbridge will be taking over Project Management. They are responsible for the Well in Toronto so there is still a lot of reason to be optimistic that the One will continue on.

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-t...tos-one-tower/

Old 12-09-2023, 12:11 PM

1,538 posts, read 866,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post

It is amazing how Toronto has grown in the last 15 years. It would have been a pipe dream then to imagine that Toronto would in only 20 years outstrip the Windy city to take the number 2 skyscraper spot in N.A but here we are. Qualitatively however, it is hard to deny Chicago's impressive architectural pedigree. Toronto for those in the know has good cred itself (50's to 80's in particular) but Chicago is just so stately and obviously on another level architecturally. It is almost too perfect. Toronto is just well messier in its core form but it will just keep getting bigger and busier. It is ok - I think Canada can have one megacity
Since when will Toronto outstrip Chicago in number of skyscrapers? Just because of more growth doesn't necessarily translate into a bigger skyline. It's demand.

Old 12-12-2023, 12:05 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
Since when will Toronto outstrip Chicago in number of skyscrapers? Just because of more growth doesn't necessarily translate into a bigger skyline. It's demand.
Toronto has a bigger skyline than Chicago though...

Old 12-12-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Toronto has a bigger skyline than Chicago though...
Your source please...

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/cit...scrapers-2023/

Old 12-12-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Well, I went by buildings over 100M.
Also, a skyline IMO is made up of far more than just buildings over 150M. Highrises in general are what make up a skyline, and Toronto eclipses Chicago in this regard.
Dubai, for instance, is ranked #4 in your link, but its skyline isn't particularly big. It's just strictly composed of really tall buildings. I don't think anyone would look at Dubai and think it has a skyline anywhere near comparable to New York...

I can't post my source (competitor) but it has the word "skyscraper" in the URL.
When you get there, you can toggle buildings by height, etc., and so on.

Anyway... I guess it just depends on how we define "skyline."

Old 12-12-2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Well, I went by buildings over 100M.
Also, a skyline IMO is made up of far more than just buildings over 150M. Highrises in general are what make up a skyline, and Toronto eclipses Chicago in this regard.
Dubai, for instance, is ranked #4 in your link, but its skyline isn't particularly big. It's just strictly composed of really tall buildings. I don't think anyone would look at Dubai and think it has a skyline anywhere near comparable to New York...

I can't post my source (competitor) but it has the word "skyscraper" in the URL.
When you get there, you can toggle buildings by height, etc., and so on.

Anyway... I guess it just depends on how we define "skyline."
If that's the case several cities such as Sao Paulo would be among the top. I think Dubai's is pretty big.

Old 12-12-2023, 04:15 PM

Quote:
If that's the case several cities such as Sao Paulo would be among the top.
You have a point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto