Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 09:28 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

https://www.temu.com/?_x_vst_scene=a...g1gl9q84azczlb

I see their commercials for various items when watching YouTube vids & I wish I had a few of those items I've seen, but don't know how reputable they are. I'm wary of putting my debit card & personal info in there.
It seems to be like Alibaba that shold cheap stuff.

Anyone try them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2022, 05:12 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
https://www.temu.com/?_x_vst_scene=a...g1gl9q84azczlb

I see their commercials for various items when watching YouTube vids & I wish I had a few of those items I've seen, but don't know how reputable they are. I'm wary of putting my debit card & personal info in there.
It seems to be like Alibaba that shold cheap stuff.

Anyone try them?
All I know or read is that it is China's version of Amazon.

Old 11-15-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
All I know or read is that it is China's version of Amazon.

I see, OK. Thanks for replying. Maybe if I had a debit gift card, I'd try, but NOT if it's connected to my own bank account just in case.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:22 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I see, OK. Thanks for replying. Maybe if I had a debit gift card, I'd try, but NOT if it's connected to my own bank account just in case.
I posted on another thread about TEMU. I have a debit gift card and tried to use it to purchase. It would not go through. I recall a while ago that the debit gift card can only be used on US sites. Previously I also tried to use it and didn't realize the company was in Canada. That did not go through either. When I investigated, that's how I learned it could only be used for US.
There might be other gift cards that can be used in these instances, but the ones I have cannot.
I too do not care to use a credit card that I use regularly. I;m sure the TEMU is legit, but I just don't feel confident with all the security breaches lately.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:38 AM

61,646 posts, read 87,001,838 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/shop...ed-states.html

BTW:
I wouldn't ever use a debit card for any online purchases. In fact, I don't use debit card at all.
https://www.creditcards.com/educatio...bit-card-1271/

Old 11-16-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I posted on another thread about TEMU. I have a debit gift card and tried to use it to purchase. It would not go through. I recall a while ago that the debit gift card can only be used on US sites. Previously I also tried to use it and didn't realize the company was in Canada. That did not go through either. When I investigated, that's how I learned it could only be used for US.
There might be other gift cards that can be used in these instances, but the ones I have cannot.
I too do not care to use a credit card that I use regularly. I;m sure the TEMU is legit, but I just don't feel confident with all the security breaches lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/shop...ed-states.html

BTW:
I wouldn't ever use a debit card for any online purchases. In fact, I don't use debit card at all.
https://www.creditcards.com/educatio...bit-card-1271/

Thanks a lot! I don't need anything that badly from them whatsoever. I probably wasn't going to ever buy from them anyway. It's not worth the hassle.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:11 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
I would agree about debit cards. The ones I am referring to though I received as a promotion or award.
They are not at all reloadable or tied to any of my information.Thats why I prefer to use them when I am not sure of a website legitimacy.
The purchase I was going to make was for under $10 and the total on my debit card is $125. I was willing to take the risk. However, as I said, these debit cards can only be used for domestic (USA) .

Old 11-18-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I would agree about debit cards. The ones I am referring to though I received as a promotion or award.
They are not at all reloadable or tied to any of my information.Thats why I prefer to use them when I am not sure of a website legitimacy.
The purchase I was going to make was for under $10 and the total on my debit card is $125. I was willing to take the risk. However, as I said, these debit cards can only be used for domestic (USA) .

Thanks for the info!

Old 12-05-2022, 12:24 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
I ordered a few things last week, and used PayPal (which, if I understand correctly, is safer than credit card). My items haven't arrived yet, but I'll report back when they do.

Old 12-12-2022, 12:58 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
OK, here is my update. I ordered 6 pairs of earrings, for a total cost of $7-something. I did it out of curiosity as much as anything. I couldn't imagine that any company could send me 6 pairs of earrings, including shipping, for that price. So it was a fun and silly $7 experiment.

I must say, the earrings were better than I expected (because I was expecting to get either nothing at all, or complete crap.) BUT...anyone who normally buys mid-range or up jewelry would not like these. They are OK, but are clearly not great. I think a person on a very limited budget, who is limited to shopping at dollar stores and Walmart, would love them. They are wearable and much nicer than I expected for a buck or so each! But if you are accustomed to better quality costume jewelry, or "real" jewelry, you would not want to go out in something this cheap looking.

I hope that makes sense and didn't sound snooty.

Oh, I should also mention a problem with a couple of those pairs. I've had this same problem with cheap ($10-ish) earrings from Amazon too. The posts are just too thick. They are difficult to put in, and then the pressure actually hurts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products