Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2022, 04:38 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,276,064 times

Advertisements

I ordered matching dresses for my granddaughters. They came pretty quickly and I was very happy with them.
Nice quality . They were very solicitous and asked how everything went.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2022, 05:27 AM

4,724 posts, read 4,416,945 times
And I should update after all. I too was more curious to see if the order would come. I decided to order these-https://www.temu.com/2pcs-toothpaste-squeezer-for-kids-random-color-g-6017592186048217.html.
They came and they're great.

Old 12-23-2022, 10:43 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,970,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
OK, here is my update. I ordered 6 pairs of earrings, for a total cost of $7-something. I did it out of curiosity as much as anything. I couldn't imagine that any company could send me 6 pairs of earrings, including shipping, for that price. So it was a fun and silly $7 experiment.

I must say, the earrings were better than I expected (because I was expecting to get either nothing at all, or complete crap.) BUT...anyone who normally buys mid-range or up jewelry would not like these. They are OK, but are clearly not great. I think a person on a very limited budget, who is limited to shopping at dollar stores and Walmart, would love them. They are wearable and much nicer than I expected for a buck or so each! But if you are accustomed to better quality costume jewelry, or "real" jewelry, you would not want to go out in something this cheap looking.

I hope that makes sense and didn't sound snooty.

Oh, I should also mention a problem with a couple of those pairs. I've had this same problem with cheap ($10-ish) earrings from Amazon too. The posts are just too thick. They are difficult to put in, and then the pressure actually hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I ordered matching dresses for my granddaughters. They came pretty quickly and I was very happy with them.
Nice quality . They were very solicitous and asked how everything went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
And I should update after all. I too was more curious to see if the order would come. I decided to order these-https://www.temu.com/2pcs-toothpaste-squeezer-for-kids-random-color-g-6017592186048217.html.
They came and they're great.

Thanks guys for the updates! I know the site's cheap anyway, so I won't bother.

Mayvenne, that link doesn't show it anymore...sold out, so I couldn't see what you bought.

Old 12-24-2022, 05:11 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
All I know or read is that it is China's version of Amazon.
It sounds something like Alibaba. What would be the reason to use it? I can buy items direct from China on Amazon or eBay, and they will be backed by Amazon's or eBays, money back guarantees. But I have cut back on that, because the items shipped from China tend to be problematic, the shipping is painfully slow, and the prices are not as good as they used to be.

Old 12-25-2022, 06:15 AM

Maybe this will work- if not, it's toothpaste squeezer 2 pc manual toothpaste squeezer
One of those silly things, but it works and I get a chuckle every time I see it. ( and it's a 2 pack! )

https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_..._id=wgey5c6ea5

Old 01-02-2023, 04:31 AM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Users who turned to Temu this month as a lifeline for holiday shopping in the face of the highest inflation in a generation made it one of the fastest growing platforms in the U.S.

It seems that this company is also starting to develop a reputation for undelivered packages, mysterious charges, incorrect orders, and unresponsive customer service. Temu has already been subject to more than 30 complaints to the Better Business Bureau, and has a BBB customer rating of less than 1.5 stars.(albeit from only 20 reviews)
Temu has acknowledged and responded to every complaint posted to the BBB website, though.

There have been no BBB complaints that allege the goods Temu ships are counterfeit or fake.

If more and more American consumers flock to Temu to buy cut-rate goods, that could pressure Amazon and other competitors to slash their prices too.

Read more here:
https://time.com/6243738/temu-app-complaints/

Old 01-02-2023, 05:31 AM

417 posts, read 455,141 times
I was skeptical but figured I'd order some small cheap things- with the thought that if they worked, great and if not, I'd be out little $.
The items came and are fine. I don't expect high quality from them but they did deliver and they were as described.
And there have been no wacky charges on my credit cards.

Old 02-06-2023, 06:16 AM

We've actually ordered a few more very inexpensive items and they've ome pretty quickly. Not as quickly as Amazon ( we have prime ) but they're fine. They don't really sell high priced items from the little that I've seen. But at least for now I feel comfortable ordering from them, similar to ali express pre pandemic. I had gotten costume jewelry from ali .
I guess low expectations, and fully satisfied so to speak.

Old 02-06-2023, 12:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
i've ordered a few things. it's great for kiddie birthday party-type gadgets.
unfortunately they ship everything in a big orange plastic bag, so boxes tend to get smushed. nothing actually broken in mine though.

Old 02-06-2023, 01:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Stuff sold at Dollar General/Walmart, etc....Party City.......and sold direct.

Ordered some baby clothes -- they seemed fine.

Cheap earrings are going to be cheap either at Walmart, Temu or even Target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products