Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 04:51 PM

9,085 posts, read 6,305,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
If you're going to buy Chinese goods, it doesn't matter where you get it.....
Chinese crap is Chinese crap ... but... if someone buys from Temu, 100% of that money spent goes to China AND ADDITIONALLY the US postal service subsidizes the shipping. That is the part that makes Temu so cheap. Buying the Chinese crap from Amazon, Walmart or Target results in a little bit of the money spent going to the US economy.

Economically speaking, the absolute worst thing an American can do is shop at Temu primarily becaue our postal service has to subsidize it under current international shipping regulations. This is something China is actively exploiting.

Last edited by AtkinsonDan; 03-04-2023 at 05:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2023, 06:04 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,950,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
If you're going to buy Chinese goods, it doesn't matter where you get it.....

There's not much choice these days about where most goods we buy are manufactured. But I would rather that at least some of the money I am spending goes to an American company be it Target, Amazon or other corp.

Old 03-04-2023, 06:26 PM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I consider it to be untrustworthy, caveat emptor.
No. It's actually registered, established and ships mostly from the US warehouses.

Old 03-04-2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...3HkFgGhzgqX1rz

If you want to buy Chinese made goods from a Chinese company, have at it.
Most of the products you're buying are totally made in China or assembled somewhere else from Chinese parts. So what's the difference??

Last edited by elnina; 03-04-2023 at 06:37 PM..

Old 03-04-2023, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Most likely cheap crap from China anything that sounds too good to be true probably is but I've read good reviews about it I probably won't use it.
I compared several products with Amazon. They seem to be the same, almost the same or serving the same purpose. Amazon is just greedy inflating the prices.

Amazon was much cheaper and more competitive in the beginning too. The same might happen with TEMU over time. So, enjoy the low prices as long they last.

Old 03-04-2023, 06:33 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,503,361 times
Warning and Beware! Another example of trickery from me.....a pop up ad appeared that sold small car trash containers that could be personalized to the car brand you want. I needed one and liked the idea I could have a trash container that was specific to my car. I looked the site over, all seemed on the up and up. Stated shipped from United States but not where was manufactured.

It took awhile so I looked into the progress of it. On my cc that I used via Paypal, I see the charge PLUS a currency conversion fee! WTH(eck)? I emailed about where it was, I did get an immediate reply. Soon after I received my item. NOTHING AT ALL pertaining to this product coming from an out of the country business, specifically China.

Name of the company is Homeyardmartdotcom. I really dislike being made to feel like a fool, and this company did this. I will NEVER buy from them again. I have no desire to buy from Temu, either.

Old 03-04-2023, 06:35 PM

The only thing I noticed is that they seem not to sell anything over $100 or maybe even $50. Need to check on that.
So, no TV, computers, digital cameras, furniture, real jewelry etc...

Last edited by elnina; 03-04-2023 at 10:24 PM..

Old 03-04-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Warning and Beware! Another example of trickery from me.....a pop up ad appeared that sold small car trash containers that could be personalized to the car brand you want. I needed one and liked the idea I could have a trash container that was specific to my car. I looked the site over, all seemed on the up and up. Stated shipped from United States but not where was manufactured.

It took awhile so I looked into the progress of it. On my cc that I used via Paypal, I see the charge PLUS a currency conversion fee! WTH(eck)? I emailed about where it was, I did get an immediate reply. Soon after I received my item. NOTHING AT ALL pertaining to this product coming from an out of the country business, specifically China.

Name of the company is Homeyardmartdotcom. I really dislike being made to feel like a fool, and this company did this. I will NEVER buy from them again. I have no desire to buy from Temu, either.
They have their own website and l am not familiar with it. Did you order it from TEMU?
You should have done some research before ordering. Especially from a new website
Took me 3 seconds to find out:

Old 03-04-2023, 07:18 PM

36,416 posts, read 16,024,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I never bought anything from them. Also look here at the thread I already started on them:

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/sho...rder-temu.html
There was someone on your thread that bought earrings and was pleasingly surprised at the quality, but not high quality.

I almost did but have been so disappointed by the pop-up companies, especially ones that sell the same thing with a different name. Yes mostly from FB ads.

Old 03-04-2023, 07:21 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,096 times
I've ordered two things from Facebook ads and both times were extremely disappointed and had no luck getting my money back. So that's it for me for FB ads.

Good reviews? You have to question WHO wrote those reviews......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products