Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 03:03 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think that’s correct. You can return more than one item from an order, you just have one opportunity to return items from that order. I’ve returned multiple things from an order several times. You just can’t keep going back to the same order to return items multiple times. But even that I don’t see anymore on their refund policy. See below, it says “click on the item(s)” you want to return from the order,

https://www.temu.com/return-and-refund-policy.html
You are absolutely right! I had a brain fart and read their policy of "only 1 return per order" as being you could only RETURN 1 ITEM per order. D'OH!

I'm about to do another temu order after checking the prices for the same items on amazon, which has always been my usual go-to. Temu's are cheaper, so for things I don't need right away, it works well for me to order from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2024, 09:45 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I have trust problems with Temu. Not only the fact that their app and privacy is a big issue, but also the reviews.
When I click on their super high rated product then search for image and find the same product on Amazon (Wayfair or Shein) and the ratings are much lower - who I am going to trust??
Or products (especially electronics or kitchen small appliances) that have no name brand on them. Impossible to check on the source or find anything about them outside TEMU.
Most items on TEMU are 4+ star rated. Really??

Totally random item compared:

TEMU: (4.8 stars)
https://www.temu.com/electric-mason-...537373978.html

Amazon: (total fiasco 3.5 stars)
https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Regu...ws_feature_div

Last edited by elnina; 03-02-2024 at 10:07 PM..

Old 03-03-2024, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I have trust problems with Temu. Not only the fact that their app and privacy is a big issue, but also the reviews.
When I click on their super high rated product then search for image and find the same product on Amazon (Wayfair or Shein) and the ratings are much lower - who I am going to trust??
Or products (especially electronics or kitchen small appliances) that have no name brand on them. Impossible to check on the source or find anything about them outside TEMU.
Most items on TEMU are 4+ star rated. Really??

Totally random item compared:

TEMU: (4.8 stars)
https://www.temu.com/electric-mason-...537373978.html

Amazon: (total fiasco 3.5 stars)
https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Regu...ws_feature_div
You make a great point, but I don't use the app at all (privacy concerns) and pretty much ignore the reviews EXCEPT the 1-star ones that give reasons and often photos. I've actually commented on the suspicious reviews in my OWN reviews (and those reviews of mine have still been published). EG I bought a pair of winter shoes that I actually liked EXCEPT for the sewn-in inventory labels on the back -- in my review I posted 2 photos and wrote that I found it suspicious that almost NONE of the other reviews even MENTIONED those inventory labels (which I had to tediously cut off, stitch by stitch -- THEN the winter shoes looked great).

They also continue to refund me when I am dissatisfied with anything, once even when I just wanted a few dollars off due to a very slightly damaged item -- instead, they just refunded the whole thing (and that was one of the more expensive items I've bought, about $40 -- I was totally surprised!). Mostly I've bought LOTS of kitchen stuff (air fryer liners that I use to catch grease, air fryer baskets, etc.) and LOTS of hardware items (small screws, mending plates, L brackets, etc.) and those have been way cheaper than the exact items on amazon and work great.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:05 AM

Good to know. Thank you!!

Old 04-09-2024, 11:36 AM

Default Anyone had THIS issue? (but I think it's with FEDEX, not temu :( )

Just got my latest package from temu. They've virtually always delivered via UPS or USPS, but today's package was from FedEx -- only the 2nd time I've gotten a delivery from them via FedEx.

First, it was a cardboard box, and felt quite light -- it was NOT like ALL of the other packages I've received from them (the plain plastic wrapping). It also had FedEx's "RELABEL" label with the reason "bar code quality." OK, I've gotten re-labeled FedEx packages before, so that would have been OK ...

BUT I took the box inside and opened it -- and found 3 items I'd ordered but NOT the 11 other items, which were ALL lazy susans -- 1 of 1 size and 10 of a smaller size that I'd ordered before and am using for a particular purpose (which is why I need a lot of them).

The 11 lazy susans would not even have FIT into that box that the other 3 items were in! I called FedEx but the ONLY number available is their 800 number, and the rep -- who I think was not not U.S.-based because I could barely understand him (and I usually don't have that issue even with foreign customer service reps) -- was utterly unhelpful. He told me to contact the shipper BEFORE FedEx (the shipper from China!!) -- but it was FEDEX who re-packaged (I'm pretty sure) and re-labeled (definitely) the temu package.

I googled and found a thread on another site that said sometimes if a package is damaged -- as temu plastic wrapping CAN be -- some items can get lost so you should contact them at the local number -- but there IS NO WAY to contact my local FedEx office (about 15 miles away from me), apparently. Even their nearest store with a FedEx employee is an hour away from me -- not going there. And given that the ONLY missing items are ALL the lazy susans, I suspect theft when the package was re-packaged.

I did the online customer service thing with temu and they've already refunded me for the 1 larger lazy susan but the 10 others cost $41.10 so they have to "investigate" first. I posted 2 photos that showed the FedEx label (and that of course has the tracking number that's on temu too) and the contents of the box (the 3 other items with a bit of empty space that would NOT fit the 10 lazy susans). I will wait and see what they say ... if they reject my claim, which I don't think will be the case, I will just follow up with my credit card company.

But I am really, REALLY pissed off at FedEx -- and usually they are the most reliable delivery company in my neighborhood!

Old 04-14-2024, 09:14 PM

65 posts, read 16,139 times
I buy from them and have been happy. I love the price adjustment. I also buy on Ali express. Now that one you have to deal with the seller if there is a problem and that is a big issue I found- most sellers do not want to give a refund even if they are at fault on ali express. Temu on the other hand will give you one right away no questions asked.

I trust Temu more so than Ali and I see the same products being sold on Amazon,Walmart and Ebay from China at a higher price.Even Joan Fabric had the same flowers as the ones one Ali Express.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:46 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
I found this thread as I ran a search about Temu. I read other reviews but thought I'd give it a shot. A dog toy and a small travel bag. Both arrived timely, the bag appears to be solid and the dog toy is still alive when the store bought toys were shredded. I never had my credit card compromised.

I know not to buy electronics but I'm considering a recliner for a second tv room. It won't be used often so the quality may be OK. Still unsure.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:20 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I found this thread as I ran a search about Temu. I read other reviews but thought I'd give it a shot. A dog toy and a small travel bag. Both arrived timely, the bag appears to be solid and the dog toy is still alive when the store bought toys were shredded. I never had my credit card compromised.

I know not to buy electronics but I'm considering a recliner for a second tv room. It won't be used often so the quality may be OK. Still unsure.
I had no idea they sold furniture!

Old Today, 06:29 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoCountryLady View Post
I buy from them and have been happy. I love the price adjustment. I also buy on Ali express. Now that one you have to deal with the seller if there is a problem and that is a big issue I found- most sellers do not want to give a refund even if they are at fault on ali express. Temu on the other hand will give you one right away no questions asked.

I trust Temu more so than Ali and I see the same products being sold on Amazon,Walmart and Ebay from China at a higher price.Even Joan Fabric had the same flowers as the ones one Ali Express.
I told people this in a thread and they didn't listen. They're doing the same thing on Etsy. Over half of what's sold on Etsy are cheap chinese products you can find on Shein sold for double the price and falsely labeled as handmade.

Old Today, 06:39 AM

^^^ oh, yes!!! I noticed that too. That's how they make money.
Lots of stuff sold on Amazon is from the same sources, just much more expensive. That's how they make money too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products