Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 08:49 AM

36,494 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
He might be looking for an honest, loving relationship with no games, attitude, entitlement and feminist indoctrination that are typical for the US.

OP doesn't sound desperate. And why wouldn't men who do not have luck dating in the US look in other countries? Just because feminist mafia disapproves and prefers such a man to be unhappy and miserable? And hate seeing men being in happy relationship with a foreign born woman?

My understanding of Philippines is that while it can be poor, there are also opportunities to work and earn a living. In any case, OP is dating a middle class woman who is not desperate and has choices.

I would say that as long as OP is honest with a woman, has no hidden motives he should not worry about what anyone else says. I would also suggest that OP prepares a prenuptial agreement just in case his potential bride has other motives.
She will already be at a disadvantage as a non-permanent resident/citizen thousands of miles away from family and friends. First, they need to get her and her child a visa. Actually, they need to check the laws relating to her child, father's rights, and adoption. He will have to consider his financial obligations to her child, etc.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You didn't which was the problem. You said why would anyone? So now the assumption that people want to marry and the default is the dink life style? So I explained the reason. Yeah , sure, its pretty pointless not to work so that one can prepare meals and do laundry for 2 people and feed the gold fish. Few couples tend to have a permanent stay at home as the children become more independent. Few people are just lounging around.
I was talking about the OP and his theoretical bride. He hasn't even proposed yet. She wants to give up her career (although working at a call center I'd hardly call a career worth getting a BS degree for) to be a stay at home WIFE (not mother) because, from the OP's mouth, she is lazy.

Your explanation is your opinion.

I'm sure lots of guys want to support a nonworking young wife, kids or not. Several of them post here of CD from time to time complaining about how she sat around doing nothing, wouldn't work even after the kids were in school, divorced him because she was bored, then took half of HIS stuff, house, car, and lives a luxurious life on the alimony and child support he pays.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:07 AM

24,473 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
She will already be at a disadvantage as a non-permanent resident/citizen thousands of miles away from family and friends. First, they need to get her and her child a visa. Actually, they need to check the laws relating to her child, father's rights, and adoption. He will have to consider his financial obligations to her child, etc.
Can you please get terms straight? She will be a permanent resident alien while on a Green Card and that depending on the specific circumstances five years. She will not necessarily need to be still married to OP when she applies for Removal of Conditions. Once she has applied for and gone through naturalization she is a US citizen.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Can you please get terms straight? She will be a permanent resident alien while on a Green Card and that depending on the specific circumstances five years. She will not necessarily need to be still married to OP when she applies for Removal of Conditions. Once she has applied for and gone through naturalization she is a US citizen.
Why should I? I'm not very familiar with the process and I'm not the one looking to marry and bring a spouse and her child to the US from a poor country. I'm just bringing up the issue.

I think the OP needs to counsel with you since you seem well-versed in immigration policy which he doesn't seem at all concerned about.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:37 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, then you know why she and her family are excited that she found a guy who is willing to take her and her child from a "dead beat man" and provide for her, her child and extended family, and even accept the fact that she is lazy - all that in exchange for sex.
You sound VERY desperate.

What is it that you look for in a relationship you couldn't find the States?
Because mostly desperate men with a history of failed relationships/unable to get dates look for a wife in poor Third World countries.

Besides the fact that some people just want something different?

Its not just poor countries. Europe( with some exceptions like Britain), Japan , South Korea , Taiwan all tend to have women that generally have a better presentation of what actually appeals to men. American women are free to do what they please, but a lot of what they do , or are urged to do, is similar to a man in a pink tutu twirling around demanding your attention. Those shoe commercials showing a woman sweating to "just do it" is definitely doing it for themselves. There is a reason why the US woman's soccer team historically did so well.

Old 03-20-2024, 11:09 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times
This mess of a thread has gone on long enough. It's now closed. Some personal attacks and inappropriate posts have been deleted.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships