Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 04:23 PM

867 posts, read 456,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
I love a good stereotype. Keep them alive please!
There are plenty of US/Filipino marriages based on love and respect and mutual goals. That OP thinks he can buy a Filipina for occasional plane tickets for her family and spending money leaving her with 200/month is simply unreal. If he is as much of a head turner as he claims - why is he single at 50 and needs to buy a bride?

Yeah l mean a few plane tickets is nothing. She's moving to him it's almost only fair he helps her go home see her family now and then.But he has talked about it all very weirdly. Dk if it's just the way he's accidentality put it or if he really is a mechanical as he sounds.
But yeah that's a pretty stereo black and white attitude from mercboy. l'm not in US but there's a couple down my street here they're unreal, really nice couple actually. They're always out renovating they go for walks past my place, they laugh and cuddle. Life ain't all stereo or black and white.

Old 03-17-2024, 08:15 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,356,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
It's not abuse if both are adults, with sound minds, consenting to the arrangement. The OP presumably wants companionship and any future bride he gets will want financial security and to help her family and a ticket for any future (?) kids to be American citizens and have a better life.
I could see this if he didn't have the higher education, good job and income requirements. The woman would not need to depend on a guy for financial security if she has these things.

It sounds like a pretty sick request: I require you to be a high achiever that has an advanced education, and a successful career that provides a good income. But then I require that you throw all that away and be a housewife that will collect a $200 allowance per month and be completely dependent on me for everything. And if you behave and do as I say, I'll purchase plane tickets on occasion so you can visit your family.

Good grief.

Old 03-17-2024, 09:56 PM

712 posts, read 757,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
later 20s though , and 30s. Told l look younger but God knows, to me sometimes l do sometimes l don't.
But nah , just sayin really that it's just life and men and women.
The fact they will doesn't really matter to me.
No, you don't look sometimes this or sometimes that. Do you look like a typical man in his 50's?
It's really a yes or no answer.

Reason I ask is because women in their late 20's and 30's don't usually check out man in their 50's unless they are gold diggers.

Old 03-18-2024, 06:48 AM

867 posts, read 456,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
No, you don't look sometimes this or sometimes that. Do you look like a typical man in his 50's?
It's really a yes or no answer.

Reason I ask is because women in their late 20's and 30's don't usually check out man in their 50's unless they are gold diggers.

Says who, you, of cause we can. People change all the time even my ex looked early 30s sometimes, she's early 50s. Jesus broaden the mind man. l see that in a lot of people on different days.
Me well, l'm def' not typical, whatever that is.
And once again hell yeah, a lot of women love older men anyway, just like some guys like older women it's nothing to do with money. Gold diggers that's another thing all together, although maybe not in the ops case we don't know as yet last scan through l did.

Last edited by randomx; 03-18-2024 at 07:10 AM..

Old 03-18-2024, 09:13 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Says who, you, of cause we can. People change all the time even my ex looked early 30s sometimes, she's early 50s. Jesus broaden the mind man. l see that in a lot of people on different days.
Me well, l'm def' not typical, whatever that is.
And once again hell yeah, a lot of women love older men anyway, just like some guys like older women it's nothing to do with money. Gold diggers that's another thing all together, although maybe not in the ops case we don't know as yet last scan through l did.
That's not unusual. I had a crush on a 60 year old when I was 40. He was a take charge person and I just liked his strong vibe, he was not in shape and not good looking. Nothing ever happened because we both knew this would never work out.

I am 47 now, since about 10 years I have 25-35 year old's and 65+ interested. Men my own age are less likely to try. No idea why.

To the OP - STOP SENDING MONEY. Jeeez. We are in 2024 and people are still sending money around the globe. Seriously, wth?

Old 03-18-2024, 11:05 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exohouse View Post
Am I exploiting her?
I admit I am exploiting the situation, but I do not think I am exploiting her. I live in America.

Is it okay if I exploit the power/financial imbalance in the Phillipines if the following criterias are met
Do I fit the definition of “passport bro?”

I am a submissive person and will submit to her.
I am genuine, loyal, and truly in love with her
She will be very happy with me or at least that is my daily goal
She has a college Bachelor's degree.
She is financially stable with a car, good job and good family and housing and income
She is smart, empowered, and straight forward with what she wants
We both gain significantly with mutual consent (age 27). I'm 42.
Her entire family agrees this will be a good marriage
I offered to pay for plane tickets every 12-18 months to see her family
I will give her spending money. If she is frugal, she can save $200 every month
Why dont you just move to the Philippines? I hear the cost of living is cheaper there.

Old 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM

57 posts, read 25,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
If she is educated, independent and has a job/career - does she know that you want her to become a housewife after you both get married??
It looks like you want a housekeeper, not a wife.
If she is smart and empowered, then most likely she won't agree to it. Or maybe agree to be your wife on a paper, but leave you when she becomes a legal citizen in the US.

Yes, under those circumstances you will exploit her.
Actually I thought she wanted to work. I offered to help her with continuing education, but she prefers to be a housewife because she says she is lazy

Old 03-18-2024, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why dont you just move to the Philippines? I hear the cost of living is cheaper there.
My work is in America

Old 03-18-2024, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
This ^^^ bothers me a lot. It sounds like she will be at your mercy, if she won't satisfy your needs.
There is no word about if she genuinely loves you.
It sounds more like "friends with benefits" relationship.

You already recognized the issue here by saying "Is it okay if I exploit the power/financial imbalance in the Philippines if the following criterias are met".

It's never OK to exploit another human being, no matter what "criterias are met".
She has money to leave and fly back whenever she wants why do you think she is at my mercy? Also I am submissive to her.

Love is mutual

I acknowledge I exploit the situation but if I empower her, does it change things?
If you disagree please explain

Old 03-18-2024, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
But do you look like you are in your the 50's? That 20 somethings are checking you out?
She said I look 37
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships