Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 07:01 PM

730 posts, read 464,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sounds like mail order bride. Met on a match up internet site. Now you want to marry her after 4 weeks and bring her to the US.
That is pretty much mail order bride.

If you want to get married why haven't you begun the process of getting her a visa? It takes a bit of time and money to complete this process.
Are you getting married there or is she coming to the US for the wedding.

If this is truly great for both of you, you need to make sure all the documents are in order and visas are up to date and converted on time so she gets legal permanent US residency and citizenship promptly. That way she will be on equal footing and not dependent on you should she decide to do something other than be a SAHW. Otherwise, I would think you might be exploiting her.
I not sure why you are not focusing on that instead of seeking validation from strangers on the internet.
You seem to be down on Stay At Home Wives and Mothers. I stayed home for a few years so I could take care of my own children since we could afford that. I realize not everyone can do that. It was MY choice and should be respected just as much as a woman who works outside of the home. I thought women had the right to choose and make their own decisions.

Last edited by Iluvbeagles; 03-18-2024 at 07:40 PM..

Old 03-18-2024, 07:22 PM

730 posts, read 464,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, then you know why she and her family are excited that she found a guy who is willing to take her and her child from a "dead beat man" and provide for her, her child and extended family, and even accept the fact that she is lazy - all that in exchange for sex.
You sound VERY desperate.

What is it that you look for in a relationship you couldn't find the States?
Because mostly desperate men with a history of failed relationships/unable to get dates look for a wife in poor Third World countries.
Wow! So many assumptions in this thread. I married a man in Europe so does that mean that I was unable to get dates back in the states? No, it doesn’t. I had plenty of young men after me (were talking the 80’s here). I just happened to fall in love with a European man, and he fell in love with me. And, I know a lot of women and men who married people from Europe. I even know a couple of men who married Filipino women and have been married for years now. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but they all seem to be quite happy.

Last edited by Iluvbeagles; 03-18-2024 at 07:37 PM..

Old 03-18-2024, 07:33 PM

57 posts, read 25,756 times
Quote:
Well, then you know why she and her family are excited that she found a guy who is willing to take her and her child from a "dead beat man" and provide for her, her child and extended family, and even accept the fact that she is lazy - all that in exchange for sex.

Because mostly desperate men with a history of failed relationships/unable to get dates look for a wife in poor Third World countries.
Do you feel better about yourself by stepping on others?

Old 03-19-2024, 06:51 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:

Your assumptions are - your assumptions.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:30 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Ah yes the old control move.

Right.....need to spend money first on her , not like it can't happen after with a divorce.

There is risk on both sides. He will be responsible for her for the next 10 years either way as her sponsor. Sure you knew that cause you seem like the does their homework type....cough...

I-864, Affidavit of Support. He is not just going to be here hubby. He is her visa sponsor. There is also means testing and back ground checks. Neither one of those applies to Chad you met drunk under a bar stool.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And hers is in the Philippines.? Get a job there.

Why do you care what a bunch of random strangers think? If you are both good with the arrangement, what's the problem? I just dont want to hear you back on CD a few years from now complaining about how she took your house and all your stuff in the divorce and you have to support her luxurious lifestyle with your alimony payments.

It escapes me how anyone in their right mind would be good with one spouse wasting their degree, giving up their good job, income, vehicle and home to be a lazy housewife/husband. At the same time, the other has to 100% financially support them, give them an allowance, and fly them to a vacation destination twice a year.
And one being submissive to the other. Dosent sound like a healthy relationship but whatever floats ya.

Any reason escapes you?

Here is a reason. If you plan on 2-3 kids who is going to raise them? The extra car, and day care , eating out and paying house cleaners does not really add up. Day care also does not add up to much because its nothing but a baby warehouse. There is nothing "lazy" about it. However once the kids are in school, then the career can certainly be reengaged. In fact a 21 year old girl with a 30 year old established man, for example, could be working on her future career as a student and then plan to enter the workforce at 35 with a fine career.

The bad financial move is paying for fertility treatment at 35 and having to institutionalize your autistic triplets .

Other people can have other plans. Some people have their parents around or extend families Thought that was the idea? More flexibility without having to conform to any roles. The stay at home parent is still one of the options. Also did he not say a 4 year psychology degree? That is hardly "advanced". I might add that that kind of degree is far more useful for a basic education, not really a defined career. Need a specialization after it. It suits a house wife. She might know how to employ operant conditioning for children and pets alike.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
You seem to be down on Stay At Home Wives and Mothers. I stayed home for a few years so I could take care of my own children since we could afford that. I realize not everyone can do that. It was MY choice and should be respected just as much as a woman who works outside of the home. I thought women had the right to choose and make their own decisions.

That's fine. I am kind of down on women that leave their children to be abused by low wage workers with substance abuse problems...

The above is less hyperbole than the usual depictions of house wives.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:26 AM

184 posts, read 211,588 times
You will need to assume everything she says is a lie and this is all about money. She isn't saving herself for you.

Why are there no local guys for her?

Why can't you find someone like her in the usa?

If you can make this work without sponsorship of a visa then it sounds like a good deal. Move there?

Suggest reading Sexual economics theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exohouse View Post
Am I exploiting her?
I admit I am exploiting the situation, but I do not think I am exploiting her. I live in America.

Is it okay if I exploit the power/financial imbalance in the Phillipines if the following criterias are met
Do I fit the definition of “passport bro?”

I am a submissive person and will submit to her.
I am genuine, loyal, and truly in love with her
She will be very happy with me or at least that is my daily goal
She has a college Bachelor's degree.
She is financially stable with a car, good job and good family and housing and income
She is smart, empowered, and straight forward with what she wants
We both gain significantly with mutual consent (age 27). I'm 42.
Her entire family agrees this will be a good marriage
I offered to pay for plane tickets every 12-18 months to see her family
I will give her spending money. If she is frugal, she can save $200 every month

Old 03-19-2024, 10:39 AM

57 posts, read 25,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
You will need to assume everything she says is a lie and this is all about money. She isn't saving herself for you.

Why are there no local guys for her?

Why can't you find someone like her in the usa?

If you can make this work without sponsorship of a visa then it sounds like a good deal. Move there?

Suggest reading Sexual economics theory.
In the Phillipines, age 27 and with a child is highly undesirable
Many local guys are deadbeat dads or too traditional to raise another man’s child

In USA, 9 of 10 women can’t or will not answer 3 of 3 questions during the chatting phase. My female friend told me she gets 100 likes every month. Basically, I am 1 in a 100. 90% of American woman I like, do not give me the time of day.

My work is in America. I cannot give it up

Old 03-19-2024, 11:29 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exohouse View Post
In the Phillipines, age 27 and with a child is highly undesirable
Many local guys are deadbeat dads or too traditional to raise another man’s child

In USA, 9 of 10 women can’t or will not answer 3 of 3 questions during the chatting phase. My female friend told me she gets 100 likes every month. Basically, I am 1 in a 100. 90% of American woman I like, do not give me the time of day.

My work is in America. I cannot give it up
Likes are extremely important in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships