Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 11:29 AM

57 posts, read 25,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
She is supposed to do what? Please get back under your rock!
I think it would be nice if you asked questions before you get angry. She asked me for that. She wants that life. I thought she was going to find work

Old 03-18-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I love a good stereotype. Keep them alive please!
There are plenty of US/Filipino marriages based on love and respect and mutual goals. That OP thinks he can buy a Filipina for occasional plane tickets for her family and spending money leaving her with 200/month is simply unreal. If he is as much of a head turner as he claims - why is he single at 50 and needs to buy a bride?
You have the facts wrong
I am not 50, that was the other guy’s post
You misunderstood the situation of $200
I get the feeling you have many assumptions
Please let me hear them and clear out the misunderstandings
There is love and respect. If there wasn’t, her entire family would disapprove of me

Old 03-18-2024, 11:38 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exohouse View Post
My work is in America
And hers is in the Philippines.? Get a job there.

Why do you care what a bunch of random strangers think? If you are both good with the arrangement, what's the problem? I just dont want to hear you back on CD a few years from now complaining about how she took your house and all your stuff in the divorce and you have to support her luxurious lifestyle with your alimony payments.

It escapes me how anyone in their right mind would be good with one spouse wasting their degree, giving up their good job, income, vehicle and home to be a lazy housewife/husband. At the same time, the other has to 100% financially support them, give them an allowance, and fly them to a vacation destination twice a year.
And one being submissive to the other. Dosent sound like a healthy relationship but whatever floats ya.

Old 03-18-2024, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Mail order bride?
How is it mail order? Please ask more questions before you jump to conclusion.

The first time I flew to see her, she said no to me on the first week. I was heart broken. After spending two more weeks in person, she warmed up to me and asked me to fly back to spend more time with her

Old 03-18-2024, 11:41 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Actually I thought she wanted to work. I offered to help her with continuing education, but she prefers to be a housewife because she says she is lazy
So would she actually be a housewife, or would you need to be paying for cleaners, laundry service, takeout, etc.?

Old 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Now she is supposed to breed with a man who could be her father so the kids will be US citizens and have a better life! There used to be cataloges with Asian mail order brides. Just like Sears!
I understand you feel I am completely wrong and you will yell that in my face.

Now imagine you saying that in front of her and her entire family of 10. Can you tell her and her entire family that she is doing the wrong thing? Her choice is invalid

Old 03-18-2024, 12:05 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
How is it mail order? Please ask more questions before you jump to conclusion.

The first time I flew to see her, she said no to me on the first week. I was heart broken. After spending two more weeks in person, she warmed up to me and asked me to fly back to spend more time with her
How did you meet?
Did you propose the first time you saw her?
How long have you known her?
What is her degree in.
Where does she work.
What job do you have that you can take so much time off to fly to the Philippines? I'm guessing you must make high 6 figures and have lots of vacation time.
Has she already got her visa.
Are you going to marry in the Philippines or US?

Why would you think you are exploiting her?

Old 03-18-2024, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
And if she has "good job and good family and housing and income," why would she want to leave that? I find it hard to believe that someone who has all that, plus is "smart, empowered," is going to be happy leaving it behind to go across the world from everything she knows to spend the rest of her life doing nothing but scrubbing sinks and waiting for her "allowance" for $200/month (maybe).
You misunderstood
After all her expenditures like car, insurance, etc, she can save $200
If you understand Phillipine environment, it would make more sense. Filipina who has a child are often having difficulty finding a new husband. Country is full of dead beat men and stubborn men who will not raise another man’s child

Old 03-18-2024, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How did you meet?
Did you propose the first time you saw her?
How long have you known her?
What is her degree in.
Where does she work.
What job do you have that you can take so much time off to fly to the Philippines? I'm guessing you must make high 6 figures and have lots of vacation time.
Has she already got her visa.
Are you going to marry in the Philippines or US?

Why would you think you are exploiting her?
We met on a dating website for Filipina looking for a foreigner
No proposal
I asked her to be my girlfriend after 4 weeks of knowing her. She rejected
Bachelor psychology
Call center
I make 6 figures: business
No visa
I let her decide what she wants. Again, I am submissive to her

Old 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So would she actually be a housewife, or would you need to be paying for cleaners, laundry service, takeout, etc.?
She said she would take care of the house like cooking and cleaning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships