Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 03:40 AM

9,015 posts, read 4,711,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I suspect ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Then Eastern Europe must have a lot of stupid people, they've been poor for a long time.
Anyone who makes a post like that )unless they do a lot of explaining and back up their explanations), I wouldn't give them the time of day.

If they repeatedly make such posts, I put them on ignore.
(I have about 100 people in my ignore list.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2024, 05:06 AM

1,675 posts, read 578,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
And is that because Spanish and Portuguese economy was base of slaves where the British was base on people moving to the colonies and working and living there.

So the Spanish and Portuguese was just striping the land of resources and having slaves work on plantation or mining and the money and wealth sent back to home country unlike the British where base on people moving to the colonies and working and living there.
I don't see where you get that idea from. The US has a history of slavery. Mexico and Argentina had no slavery. I am going to explain the difference between the US, Canada,Australia and Mexico, Argentina, Brazil.

The main difference is power. Financial, political, militarily, and technological. It is US and Canadian mining companies going to Brazil to take their resources. They just pay some taxes and take the profits. They don't even pay their fair share as it is easy to lie about the invoices and pay less tax. You don't hear about it not even in Brazil because the media is controlled-again-by the US. But you do hear how corrupt a Brazilian company is when it tries to expand to the US.

Another example. A western mining company in Colombia got a contract with the government. When the people ended up knowing there was backlash and the government had to back up. Well, now they are being sued with billions of dollars for "future losses". That is made possible by unfair trade deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
A lot of this is untrue. In fact, I am not sure any of it is true. (Except, in Africa, the Chinese are exploiting the h.ll out of them.)

And Venezuela was fourth wealthiest in S.America.

We are still the boat that is sinking the slowest.
What is untrue? China has been in Africa for a few years; and in a peaceful way. Europe has been plundering Africa for centuries, through massacres, assassinations, coups, dictatorships, etc.

Venezuela was rising economically in the 1950-1970, the wealth went to a few rich hands. By the 90s people were tired of it and put Hugo Chavez on power. The rest you know.

People should know what actually leads to people turn left. It is what is happening in the west, but people refuse to see.

Last edited by thelogo; 02-24-2024 at 05:24 AM..

Old 02-24-2024, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
OK, got your number.
Thanks for self identifying.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:38 AM

89,201 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
I don't see where you get that idea from. The US has a history of slavery. Mexico and Argentina had no slavery. I am going to explain the difference between the US, Canada,Australia and Mexico, Argentina, Brazil.
Now we know you're an unreliable source. Argentina had slavery. They abolished it in 1853.

https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com...66581-0157.xml

Old 02-24-2024, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Now we know you're an unreliable source. Argentina had slavery. They abolished it in 1853.

Beyond unreliable, he is pushing a fictitious version of history, as well as a fictitious version of current events.

Old 02-24-2024, 09:12 AM

27,651 posts, read 28,750,671 times
Quote:
Anyone who makes a post like that )unless they do a lot of explaining and back up their explanations), I wouldn't give them the time of day.
I consider myself to be a supporter of facts and data. So, I try to make it a habit to back up what I post.

The average IQ of Argentina is thought to be about 86.6.

This is actually higher than that of most South American countries, but it is significantly lower than that of the United States.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...-iq-by-country

Old 02-24-2024, 09:44 AM

1,675 posts, read 578,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

I take that back. There was slavery in Argentina but it was insignificant. Most of the population in Argentina is of European descend. Your link even says that Argentina was more like "a redistribution center". And my point was that slavery does not make a difference as both the US and Brazil had lots of slaves.

As for the point I was making that the US is turning into Mexico, it is just a matter of going out and see how everything is falling apart. But keep deceiving yourself, maybe one day you'll realize it is the same elite that has exploited poor countries and that you seem to admire has brought the downfall of America.

Old 02-24-2024, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I consider myself to be a supporter of facts and data. So, I try to make it a habit to back up what I post.
The average IQ of Argentina is thought to be about 86.6.
This is actually higher than that of most South American countries, but it is significantly lower than that of the United States.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...-iq-by-country
I followed the link, from the page you linked, to the original data.

The data is one dimensional, at best, and appears to have been poorly selected. An overabundance of jargon and useless calculations and formulae appear to be geared towards obscuring an ulterior motive.

Other than that, thanks for posting it.

Old 02-24-2024, 10:15 AM

27,651 posts, read 28,750,671 times
Quote:
I followed the link, from the page you linked, to the original data.

The data is one dimensional, at best, and appears to have been poorly selected. An overabundance of jargon and useless calculations and formulae appear to be geared towards obscuring an ulterior motive.

Other than that, thanks for posting it.
Facts and data are true, whether we like to believe them or not.

Old 02-24-2024, 10:18 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,001,120 times
Quote:

The main difference is power. Financial, political, militarily, and technological. It is US and Canadian mining companies going to Brazil to take their resources. They just pay some taxes and take the profits. They don't even pay their fair share as it is easy to lie about the invoices and pay less tax. You don't hear about it not even in Brazil because the media is controlled-again-by the US. But you do hear how corrupt a Brazilian company is when it tries to expand to the US.
And the southern part of the US was most poorest part of the US and economy besides north east part of US that industrialized. It is finally the north east part of US look past planation owning and mining as economy and industrialized.

The rolling 20s and 30s middle class boom and post WW2 middle class boom buying a houses and no college or university and just Mom and Dad and 6 kids and big SUV was white people. The black people just like black people even today more likely to rent or be in apartments than owning house.

If the south was own country it be no different than Brazil or Argentina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies