Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:32 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,598,540 times

Advertisements

Looks like they are getting ready for demolition (something) on 3rd and between 4av-5av east, lower side. May be more hospital parking, or new offices(?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 AM

432 posts, read 1,120,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
Looks like they are getting ready for demolition (something) on 3rd and between 4av-5av east, lower side. May be more hospital parking, or new offices(?)
Yes, I heard from someone at the front desk at St. Mary's that the Duluth Clinic building wants to expand. She mentioned the parking ramp being demolished for an expansion and building a new ramp where the demolition you just mentioned is. I wrote to SMDC awile back and they said that there is no current building projects at SMDC, but maybe they don't say anything until they are sure-like many stores and restaurants don't release news until plans are final.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:15 AM

Well, today this morning they erected the new McDondalds main road sign at the entrance coming down from the 21st ave.

It seems very small and tiny. The sign, anyone else think so?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
Yes, I heard from someone at the front desk at St. Mary's that the Duluth Clinic building wants to expand. She mentioned the parking ramp being demolished for an expansion and building a new ramp where the demolition you just mentioned is. I wrote to SMDC awile back and they said that there is no current building projects at SMDC, but maybe they don't say anything until they are sure-like many stores and restaurants don't release news until plans are final.
Its gone now, this morning they tore it apart. It looked like a large house or maybe offices in a large house?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:23 PM

721 posts, read 2,609,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
Its gone now, this morning they tore it apart. It looked like a large house or maybe offices in a large house?
I think it had been a funeral home? I'm not sure though. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what actually goes up in that spot.

In other news, UMD is adding a new addition to their dorms at a cost of $10 million.

CSS is contemplating the addition to their science center and new dorms too.

The Benedictine Health Center is drafting a master plan for remodeling and possibly an addition as well.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Yes folks, yet another building being torn down, this time on 4th street between 4 av and 5 av upperside.
Looks to be an apartment

Wonder what will be going in there now? Offices, storefront or parking...

Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,907 times
Looks like another student housing apartment is going up on Rice Lake Rd by the existing Boulder Ridge and Summit Ridge apartments. It's the same developer, and this new building isn't that last.

More student housing under construction in Duluth | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota

Old 12-14-2010, 11:25 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,907 times
The Duluth Sprint Co building in Canal Park will be torn down and the property cleaned of contaminants.
http://www.duluthmn.gov/downloads/31...214-31-876.pdf (PDF)

I was under the impression that the building was going to be renovated and turned into a restaurant/brewery. Perhaps upon further inspection the developer decided to start from scratch?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:16 AM

I have some photos I took of various construction sites in Duluth over the Thanksgiving weekend, but I don't know how to upload them on City Data. They tore one of the two water towers in Duluth Heights down and they are replacing both of them with a new larger one. Does anyone remember when they were painted red and white checkerboard?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
The Duluth Sprint Co building in Canal Park will be torn down and the property cleaned of contaminants.
http://www.duluthmn.gov/downloads/31...214-31-876.pdf (PDF)

I was under the impression that the building was going to be renovated and turned into a restaurant/brewery. Perhaps upon further inspection the developer decided to start from scratch?
Is there still student housing planned for the Armory site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth