Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 AM

216 posts, read 702,304 times

Advertisements

This is by far the worst cable ever, the only thing I have been pleased about are their rates. Well that was until I opened this months bill. Went from $83 to $101? Anyone else have a rate increase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 PM

107 posts, read 320,014 times
Depending where you are there's always Time Warner. Aside from them you can divide your services between DSL instead of cable modem services (budle packages) and go for satellite instead of traditional cable. Rates are going to go up for everyone regardless of whom you choose. It's just a matter of choosing what is your price/performance break point.

Good luck either way.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM

I wish Time Warner was available here. I would never go back to DSL

Old 08-12-2008, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 5,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
This is by far the worst cable ever, the only thing I have been pleased about are their rates. Well that was until I opened this months bill. Went from $83 to $101? Anyone else have a rate increase?
Hey there!! I used to work for Comporium and I totally agree with you about how expensive it is. On the negative side----Comporium is a monopoly. You can go to a satellite service for cable, but believe me--this is so much more expensive. I am soooo glad I don't work there anymore......

Old 08-14-2008, 06:07 PM

225 posts, read 717,062 times
They suck, I've had enough getting the dish

Old 08-14-2008, 06:17 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,459,056 times
Unfortunately, the only game in town where I live is Comporuim. I have to give praise where praise is due..their tech support has been very polite and kind. Their service sucks. I loose my internet at LEAST once a week and every time I have to call them, there is another excuse. Whenever I call them (frequently since my service vanishes so often!) they sort of act surprised. Belive me, I have moved from an area where internet service is FAR cheaper and FAR more reliable. What is with this monopoly??? Competition may help in the long run. In the short run, I endure their service (??)

Old 08-14-2008, 06:50 PM

225 posts, read 717,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Unfortunately, the only game in town where I live is Comporuim. I have to give praise where praise is due..their tech support has been very polite and kind. Their service sucks. I loose my internet at LEAST once a week and every time I have to call them, there is another excuse. Whenever I call them (frequently since my service vanishes so often!) they sort of act surprised. Belive me, I have moved from an area where internet service is FAR cheaper and FAR more reliable. What is with this monopoly??? Competition may help in the long run. In the short run, I endure their service (??)
Agree here, the tech service has been good. However the computer/internet is a joke.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 PM

The cable cuts out more then satellite after we move I think I am going with Dish network, 200 or 250 channels for $55. I have 2 stations that always cut out, 1 station I never have any sound.
I called and asked about my rate change, they said I was on a 6 month special. I told them when I signed up in Oct 07 well over 6 months ago noone ever mentioned a special. They said sorry but it is what it is.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:23 AM

14 posts, read 33,951 times
I know I LOVE it when I get there bill. 3 months in a row the price is within a penny. Then PRESTO it jumps a buck or two. Wouldn't if be nice if they TELL you that 'Oh byt hte way, taxes have gone up' or 'we decided to institiute yet another impossible to find rate hike' or whatever?

I love DISH, but unfortunately we still need Comporium for the primaries. I have to admit their tech folks are SO much better than they used to be. And Comporium at least is better than when it was FMTC et al. I remember when we lost all our phones to a lightening strike. Their tech person told us telephones don't conduct electricty so they felt they were not liable (nothing like inside line coverage fees for nothing). Yep, phones don't conduct electricity and this was their TECH!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 05:09 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,570,144 times
I don't know. I telecommute and don't have any real problems and they have been resposive when I have called for tech support.

..............Oh you are talking about TV not intenet - no problems with the TV other than price

Last edited by grannynancy; 08-15-2008 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: duuh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties