Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:06 AM

47 posts, read 125,264 times

Advertisements

On March 27 I went to the Fort Mill Comporium office to make some changes to my internet and phone charges. I also cancelled my cable with them because refused to pay such exorbitant amounts anymore. I had Dish installed. Well, I get my Comporium bill on Sat. and they never cancelled my cable. I called right away and the girl on the line was useless. She said I have to physically go down to Comporium to take care of it. Why do they have a customer phone line if they aren't able to help you???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 AM

595 posts, read 1,623,440 times
Well I've gone into a Comporium store to return a bad cable box and was told that I need to make a home appointment to get it swapped out. Which made no sense because I got the box from that store...

Comporium is a monopoly, they don't care.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,991,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post
Well I've gone into a Comporium store to return a bad cable box and was told that I need to make a home appointment to get it swapped out. Which made no sense because I got the box from that store...

Comporium is a monopoly, they don't care.
I found it strange that the times I called Comporium, you get the lady at the front desk. Usually, a large business like a ISP or Cable/TV provider would have an automated thing, and take you through options, and get you to a call center with plenty of people on stand by, yet, I go the lady at the front desk. Seemed weird for such a large company to have very little support.

Every ISP ive been to lets you swap out hardware at their offices.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:32 PM

161 posts, read 529,424 times
Wow, here we go again. I've had several occasions where I had to swap out Comporium equipment and I always did it in one of their stores. Try doing that with Dish or Direct. When I was on TWC, I had to drive all the way out to Arrowood Road (from Indian Land) to swap out a modem.
Let the flames begin!

Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog2 View Post
Wow, here we go again. I've had several occasions where I had to swap out Comporium equipment and I always did it in one of their stores. Try doing that with Dish or Direct. When I was on TWC, I had to drive all the way out to Arrowood Road (from Indian Land) to swap out a modem.
Let the flames begin!
Which store do you go to?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,453,679 times
Quote:
Let the flames begin!
I have DirecTV. You have two options with them. They either next day ship you a new box or they send someone out to install it for you (normally 1 to 2 days). Better than having to get into a car and drive to replace it. Dish I think is the same process.

As for Comporium, they had no issues taking back the boxes (Fort Mill office). For being cable, I never had such bad disruptive TV service as I had with Comporium. Good luck with them. I already feel I overpay for phone service through them ($40 vs $20 I paid under AT&T with the same type of service). If another provider moves into the area, I would move that service too. All in all, the only service I am happy with is internet service through them since my neighborhood is directly linked to them (thus ability for Fiber connection).

Old 04-19-2011, 12:11 PM

14,487 posts, read 20,671,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellendaisy View Post
On March 27 I went to the Fort Mill Comporium office to make some changes to my internet and phone charges. I also cancelled my cable with them because refused to pay such exorbitant amounts anymore. I had Dish installed. Well, I get my Comporium bill on Sat. and they never cancelled my cable. I called right away and the girl on the line was useless. She said I have to physically go down to Comporium to take care of it. Why do they have a customer phone line if they aren't able to help you???
I have Comporium high speed internet package # one and cable TV with 200 channels.
My bill is $71.96 and the internet, or the cable TV, one or the other, the price is locked in for 12 months from when I signed on late last year.
And the other is locked in for 2 years. If anyone is going there for new service, let me know and I can tell you how to get the "specials."

Old 04-20-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I have Comporium high speed internet package # one and cable TV with 200 channels.
My bill is $71.96 and the internet, or the cable TV, one or the other, the price is locked in for 12 months from when I signed on late last year.
And the other is locked in for 2 years. If anyone is going there for new service, let me know and I can tell you how to get the "specials."

How about for existing customers?

Some of my neighbors have called to and said they wanted to cancel service and they were given discounts, but I haven't tried that yet.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:44 AM

161 posts, read 529,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post
Which store do you go to?
Indian Land store or downtown Fort Mill. Yesterday, I took my Comporium cell phone to the Tega Cay office where I was served immediately and courteously. Yeah, Dish and Direct are great when they ship you a new box, after you PAY for the box (at least $100) if it is out of warrantly! And don't tell me they don't charge you for a service call...been there, done that! And, no, I have no connection to Comporium, other than being a customer...

Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 AM

187 posts, read 549,646 times
Quote:
And, no, I have no connection to Comporium, other than being a customer...
You keep feeling the need to specify this every time you make some glowing comment regarding Comporium and its service. Methinks you doth protest too much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties