Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 AM

10 posts, read 31,974 times

Advertisements

The Herald | HeraldOnline.com - Comporium says it's ready to face Time Warner - Rock Hill, SC

what is the best wirless card working in york county? will be moving in 2 weeks to the area and if service is that poor i need to get a card.

we have charter and cox here ,never heard of comporium before..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:27 AM

8 posts, read 30,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric,trudy,and lindsey View Post
The Herald | HeraldOnline.com - Comporium says it's ready to face Time Warner - Rock Hill, SC

what is the best wirless card working in york county? will be moving in 2 weeks to the area and if service is that poor i need to get a card.

we have charter and cox here ,never heard of comporium before..

Thanks for the link to the story, I am glad to hear TW is coming. It has been about three months since that article ran. Does anyone know if any more info has come out since then regarding specifics for the timeline and locations for Time Warner's entry into the market?

I have purchased the NHL Center Ice package the past 2 years as a TW customer in Charlotte so that I can keep up with the Buffalo Sabres, and I won't be able to get it through Comporium when I move into the Reserve in November.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 PM

225 posts, read 716,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 716-704-803 View Post
Thanks for the link to the story, I am glad to hear TW is coming. It has been about three months since that article ran. Does anyone know if any more info has come out since then regarding specifics for the timeline and locations for Time Warner's entry into the market?

I have purchased the NHL Center Ice package the past 2 years as a TW customer in Charlotte so that I can keep up with the Buffalo Sabres, and I won't be able to get it through Comporium when I move into the Reserve in November.
Another one from the Buffalo region! I got rid of these losers last week and got the dish.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:39 AM

55 posts, read 152,204 times
fyi to all: just got off the phone with a directv rep, i stated my zip code (29715) and he informed me that they DO in fact offer service in the area.....for what its worth.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 PM

628 posts, read 2,079,643 times
If you are a casual internet user and super speed is not that big of an issue...TWC cable has roadrunner light @ $20.00 a month...it's still a heck of a lot faster than dial up..as for phone service TWC does not offer the internet phone where you are moving to but, I would recommend Vonage...it's an internet phone unlimited calling and works great! It can be run through all your existing prewiring. As for the cable issue...I found Comporium and TWC truly stink!!! and are way to overpriced....I get more channels, better service, and better equipment from Directv for less money than both cable companies. All of this equipment can be run through your existing prewires. BTW: TWC has some of the rudest, most miserable Customer Service Agent I have ever dealt with. When all is said and done I saved over $40 monthly on my cable bill, $20 monthly on my internet, and $15 monthly on my phone service by using Vonage, RoadRunner Lite, and DirectTV. BTW: I also live in Indian Land...I really wish Verizon was available in my area!! I don't understand how these companies get exclusive deals with these developers.
www.vonage.com
www.directtv.com
http://www.timewarnercable.com/carol...rder_info.html

Holy Cow!!! As I wrote this I see they just raised my Internet price $5 a month.......I wish we had Verizon or any other Internet options other than Comporium or TWC!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:11 PM

55 posts, read 152,204 times
TWC doesnt service Fort Mill, which is a bummer therefore us Fort Millians will have to opt for Comporium, grrr!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:30 AM

35 posts, read 152,752 times
I like Comporium. I had Time Warner in Charlotte and find the service to be better. However the HD selection is limited. Does anyone know when more HD channels will be added?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:25 AM

3 posts, read 9,367 times
just switched to direct tv today was installed and lovely ... but we are still stuck with the internet and it laughable usage limits with 3 computers netflix and other media we are getting the letters that state " your exceeding your bandwidth limitations ". they are also prepareing to start chargeing us for it as well , great now my net bill is like a phone bill i have so many "minutes" then im charged for overage appreciate that ancient comporium carrier... really appreciate that . as we say in gameing "noobs gotta hate them" get with the times and stop chargeing for bandwidth a holes. FYI we live in lancaster s.c. comporiums bread basket for internet

Old 03-20-2011, 03:43 PM

126 posts, read 289,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd51 View Post
They suck, I've had enough getting the dish
Hated "Comporium big time, we decided on Direc TV and happy happy happy. Comporium charges us 80.00 for cable(no premium channels) and Direct TV charges us 50 bucks a month with 200 channels

Old 03-20-2011, 03:46 PM

126 posts, read 289,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlho1980 View Post
fyi to all: just got off the phone with a directv rep, i stated my zip code (29715) and he informed me that they DO in fact offer service in the area.....for what its worth.
i am in 29708 and have direc tv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties