Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:34 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,550,121 times

Advertisements

Old Williamsburg is out of the town limits but I think the town of Fort Mill does not allow them in city limits. Of course the city limits are beginning to look like a giant spider anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 02:57 PM

7 posts, read 30,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Old Williamsburg is out of the town limits but I think the town of Fort Mill does not allow them in city limits. Of course the city limits are beginning to look like a giant spider anymore.
Thanks, I will remember that.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 6,594 times
to sixinthefamily:

I live in Whitegrove also. The covenant says "no farm animals, including poultry"
I really want to have a few hens for many reasons. Do you know anyway I could change this? Have you met any other likeminded Whitegrove residents?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:02 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,473 times
It really has not come up. However I do know for a fact that a neighbor did have them. They have recently moved. I don't ever think they asked.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:51 AM

396 posts, read 976,828 times
Check into Black Horse Run. The entrance is right at the mouth of 521 & 160 (just go straight through the traffic light at 521 & 160 right into the neighborhood). They are an equestrian community - a lot of horses and 1 acre lots. It's very pretty and peaceful. I can't imagine a neighborhood allowing horses would NOT allow a handful of chickens! It's slated as a Fort Mill Community, but the schools are Indian Land if that's important to you (personally - Indian Land schools wouldn't scare me. I think they're pretty up to par with Fort Mill. If not, they will be! That area is building up quite fast).

Old 06-01-2014, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,147 times
You can not have chickens in SC unless your land is zoned "FA" Farm and Agriculture. That is a state law. The only places that you can have chickens that is not zoned FA is when a city or community passes a special allowance law in the city codes. A few cities like Greenville have passed such a code.

This is not the case in Fort Mill or Indian Land. Most of the horse lots in "Black Horse Run" are zoned FA and that is how they can have farm animals.

In SC chickens and even rabbits are farm animals and can only be "legally" kept in zone FA. Sorry.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:05 PM

68 posts, read 140,634 times
From the Fort Mill Code if Ordinances:

Sec. 4-4. - Hogs, chickens and other fowl.

It shall be unlawful for any person to keep or maintain any hog, chicken or other fowl within the town.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:00 AM

135 posts, read 195,418 times
Wow - stirred this one up from four years ago? Is there a sudden influx of chickens into FM that has you concerned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties