Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:57 PM

7 posts, read 40,984 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I saw a thread for OB GYN but most of the referrals were for Charlotte. I'll be moving to Fort Mill from NJ within the next two weeks and need a good OB GYN. I am currently 4 months pregnant. If anyone can recommend a dr. in Fort Mill or near by I'd greatly appreciate it. Evening and/or weekend hours would be a huge plus.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Rock Hill Gyn & OB has a Fort Mill location. The doctors rotate between the two offices. Their office is behind Burger King on Hwy 160 across from Baxter Village. They practice at Mercy South in Pineville which is now CMC and Piedmont Medical in Rock Hill. They have a good group of doctors, caring nurses and a friendly staff.

Fort Mill Gyn/OB
1666 Hwy 160 West
Fort Mill
Tel: 803-548-2247

Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 13,707 times
I live in Fort Mill and from New Jersey. I have been in Fort Mill 6yrs in October.
I recommend Piedmont ob/gyn. They have an office in Rock hill and Ballantyne.
I delivered my 2 1/2 yr old at Pineville CMC (MERCY). i ACTUALLY Thought the hospital and staff were better than New Jersey.
I had some pregnancy issues that the Dr's in this practice acted on immediatley and were absolutley wonderful. Office number 803 324 7606.
by the way...where in Fort mill are you moving to?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boys2 View Post
I live in Fort Mill and from New Jersey. I have been in Fort Mill 6yrs in October.
I recommend Piedmont ob/gyn. They have an office in Rock hill and Ballantyne.
I delivered my 2 1/2 yr old at Pineville CMC (MERCY). i ACTUALLY Thought the hospital and staff were better than New Jersey.
I had some pregnancy issues that the Dr's in this practice acted on immediatley and were absolutley wonderful. Office number 803 324 7606.
by the way...where in Fort mill are you moving to?
Is this where Dr. Truesdale is? My gf LOVES her.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM

Thank you for your replies. I have an appt with Fort Mill OB/GYN next month. The lady on the phone sounded very sweet.

Boys2, we bought a house in Lynnwood Farms. I won't be officially moved until Oct. 20th but am looking forward to it. Much different from the congestion of Bergen County, NJ.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:10 AM

7 posts, read 33,514 times
Definately try Rock HIll OB/GYN. They have a R Hill location and Ft Mill. Dr. Greg Miller is wonderful as well as Drs. Benson, Taylor and all the others in this group.

I had toxemia really bad and the cord was around my son's neck. Dr. Miller delivered him - emergency c-section- and we will always be grateful for his full attention to my care.

Also, use the Carolina Medical Center Hospital (formerly called Mercy South) in Pineville. Rock Hill hospital is OK, but I have several friends who used Rock Hill and it's just not as nice as Mercy. Also, Mercy has a neo-natal nursery - JUST IN CASE. The drive is only about 15 mins. or less and is definately worth the effort. Most Rock Hill OB's give you the choice of which hospital you prefer - Piedmont Hospital in Rock Hill or CMC- Pineville. No other choice-- definately CMC Pineville!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Thanks SC Mommy about the hospitals. I'm so clueless about everything down there. I feel better now that two people have recommended them.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:29 PM

81 posts, read 309,625 times
These are not ob-gyn's, but the 2 nurse practicioners at Fort Mill Family Practice have been absolutely awesome for myself and my daughter. Very knowledgeable and thorough, and take time with you. And the Rock Hill OB in Fort Mill is good too, (my daughter had something more serious to take care of) if you are expecting, and need something more serious that routine female care.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 PM

209 posts, read 612,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Rock Hill Gyn & OB has a Fort Mill location. The doctors rotate between the two offices. Their office is behind Burger King on Hwy 160 across from Baxter Village. They practice at Mercy South in Pineville which is now CMC and Piedmont Medical in Rock Hill. They have a good group of doctors, caring nurses and a friendly staff.

Fort Mill Gyn/OB
1666 Hwy 160 West
Fort Mill
Tel: 803-548-2247
But now they only practice in PMC Rock Hill.....too bad...

Old 04-27-2016, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,309 times
Default still valid info?

Hi all!

My family and I will be moving to Fort Mill from Southern California in the middle of June, which will put me right at 17 weeks pregnant. I see that Rock Hill OB/GYN was recommended, is that still the case? If so, or not, which doctor would you recommend? (I have to have c-section delivery at 37 weeks, no other options)

Also, in regards to the hospitals, would Rock Hill earn the thumbs up now, or is it still Pineville?

Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties