Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,980,985 times

Advertisements

Extra, extra read all about it ...

Nine years later, the saga continues ... Fort Mill Hospital Decision COULD come this week ...

The judge COULD

1. Affirm DHEC's decision to award hospital to CMC
2. Reverse DHEC's decision to award hospital to CMC and award hospital to PMC
3. Neither affirm or reverse the decision & send it back to DHEC

Whatever the decision it can also be appealed to the S.C. Court of Appeals.

Fort Mill hospital decision could come this week | Don Worthington | Rock Hill Herald Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 12:12 PM

625 posts, read 490,988 times
Reading the article, which one is considered to provide the better quality care? CMC or PMC?
Just curious.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,310,742 times
Opinions on that are divided, NJCoqui. I personally will never go to PMC due to a bad experience in 2006, and have received nothing but excellent care from CMC (especially this year - I had my first kidney stone AND had to have a biopsy done when they found a lump on my ribs when doing the ct-scan for the kidney stone). During both procedures I encountered nothing but a high quality of care.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:42 PM

625 posts, read 490,988 times
Thanks for the info. We'll be moving down there next month and need to find doctors for the family. We have an excellent medical group here in NJ and I hope we can find something similar there. The group we use has clinics throughout the area as well as a central medical center and a separate hospital.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,994,386 times
I loved CMC's ER care, and I switched my primary doctor to a CMC doctor due to the fact they have all my records in one centralized system. Ive never been excited about the location of this proposed hospital but if I ever had an issue, I can probably limp there.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:34 AM

396 posts, read 978,201 times
I pray it's CMC. I've had nothing but great experiences there with their ER and hospitalization. If they don't build a CMC hospital, I will bypass and continue driving to Pineville. Everyone I know that I've spoke to about this wants CMC here!

Old 11-05-2013, 07:32 PM

5 posts, read 12,989 times
Since I am new to Indian Land, can you tell me where this potential hospital's location will be? There are no hospitals near this area that provide the 24hr emergency care, except Waxhaw being the closest and then Pineville.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:39 AM

186 posts, read 335,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaDominicana View Post
Since I am new to Indian Land, can you tell me where this potential hospital's location will be? There are no hospitals near this area that provide the 24hr emergency care, except Waxhaw being the closest and then Pineville.
The location if CMC wins will be at I77 and Sutton Road in Fort Mill and if Piedmont ends up winning; then it will be at the corner of Hwy 21 and Hwy 160 where the Peach Stand is currently located.

If your in Indian Land; I would still say that CMC Pineville will still be closer to you then either of the proposed new hospital sites.

Psy

Old 11-29-2013, 09:59 AM

6 posts, read 16,598 times
I have only but my personal experiences to help me decide. I had my gallbladder removed with PMC and it was smooth sailing - no issues and quality care was provided. It was to be expected and I was up and moving the next day. My husband had his appendix removed with CMC and they ruptured his bladder while doing the surgery and it was a scary mess. What should have been a 1 night stay in the hospital turned into 5 days in the hospital since they didn't know the bladder was ruptured until "AFTER" the appendix removal. The surgeon never said anything and we never saw him again after the 1st surgery - he never even examined my husband after the surgery so that tells you something right there. It was only when they were getting ready to discharge my husband when he was not able to use the bathroom on his own. He had to have a 2nd surgery (by another surgeon - thank goodness!) and they still came after him to pay for the 2nd surgery to repair the error and we are still disputing this with them. Suffice to say, I can only prefer PMC based on these experiences.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:51 PM

595 posts, read 1,624,496 times
Quote:
Additionally, the lawsuit alleged that hospital staff tried to cover up the medical error that led to Davis’ death by failing to notify her family and not following proper procedure. No incident report was filed with the state Department of Health and Environmental Control, and no autopsy was ordered.

The lawsuit also alleged that Patel “falsely and fraudulently certified the death certificate.”

Gilmore, Davis’ niece, said the family was told the next day that Davis’ death was inevitable because of her respiratory problems. The family was not told that doctors had inserted a breathing tube during the procedure.
Rock Hill hospital settles second major malpractice case this year | CharlotteObserver.com

I don't think we need any more of PMC's "patient care".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties