Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 02:01 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,037,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
Two weeks ago my friend has an accident. Taken by ambulance to Piedmont. They tell him his leg is broke and they cast. 2 Days later he goes to an orthopedic doctor at CMC. His cast is cut off and he is told his leg is not broke and he is walking fine. True story.
WOW and cast are so aggravating. In addition to how much they will charge his insurance company for the screw-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
Simple explanation, Piedmont performed a miracle. Let's see you do that CMC!
Sorry about your brother. I have had some bad experiences with PMC, CMC and Presbyterian too. But we have learned we do not leave anyone alone at a hospital. I mean 24 hour, round the clock a family member sits there. That way your chances are better to get out of there alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 10:57 PM

9 posts, read 19,977 times
Honestly, the majority of people in the Fort Mill area already go to CMC Pineville, Steele Creek or Levine Children's. If you have a child who is seriously ill or injured and go to Piedmont, Pineville or Steele Creek you WILL be transferred to Levine Children's. We need a better, closer option than Piedmont.

Steele Creek is simply an ER, if you need to be admitted, again, you will be transferred to another hospital. Pineville is a good community hospital but small and not a trauma center nor does it have a pediatric department. A reputable, well rounded hospital that meets the health care needs of the Fort Mill community should take precedence over the tax revenue received. I understand that the income is necessary, I live here and have children in the school system, however, I am just as adamant about quality healthcare for my kids as I am quality education.

CHS needs to build here and the sooner the better.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:56 AM

4 posts, read 4,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCoqui View Post
Reading the article, which one is considered to provide the better quality care? CMC or PMC?
Just curious.
CMC hands down.
Piedmont has lots of experienced lawyers and the staff works hard to cover each other...

I've lost family members for procedures that weren't supposed to be performed and others who had complications due to negligence.

I've instructed my family to take me to CMC or let me die where I lay if the only choice is PMC. Better to go than suffer.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:44 PM

A report came out last week that Medical Errors is the third cause of death in the US. The authors, led by Johns Hopkins surgeon Dr. Martin Makary, call for changes in death certificates to better tabulate fatal lapses in care. In an open letter, they urge the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to immediately add medical errors to its annual list reporting the top causes of death.

Heart disease & cancer deaths in 2014 was approx 600,000 lives (numbers one & two) number three was respiratory disease at approx 150,000 deaths. Yet more than 250,000 people died from medical errors surpassing the respiratory numbers.

It would be an "uncomfortable situation" for a doctor to report that a patient died from a medical error. Of course it would be uncomfortable to report a medical error!!!

Gives one a warm and cozy feeling when facing hospitalization.

Only Heart Disease And Cancer Exceed Medical Errors As Causes Of Death : Shots - Health News : NPR

Old 11-18-2016, 01:21 AM

Moving right along here ho hum slower than a snail. A panel of three S.C. Administrative Law Court judges heard arguments from lawyers for Carolinas HealthCare System and Piedmont Medical Center in Columbia on Tuesday November 8.

There is no timetable for a decision to be handed down, though lawyers estimated Tuesday that it could take between four and eight months. The losing party could appeal to the S.C. Supreme Court — though there is no guarantee it will hear the case.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...the-court.html

Old 02-19-2018, 09:46 PM

It's been all quiet on the future Fort Mill Hospital fiasco. The last I heard Piedmont Medical won again and Carolinas Healthcare was once again appealing. In April 2017 the SC Court of Appeals ruled for Piedmont Medical. Now it appears Carolinas Healthcare is taking the case to the SC Supreme Court.

I don't think a merger and name change would impact the case. I checked the SC Supreme Court roster and nothing is scheduled through March.

Group vying for Fort Mill SC hospital plans changes | The Herald

Old 02-20-2018, 12:18 PM

198 posts, read 281,372 times
I have mixed feelings about this. I personally use Carolinas Healthcare (Atrium) but it just seems like they get bigger and bigger, more greedy, and aren't non-profit in practice. On the other hand, Piedmont killed my brother with their ineptitude and I won't set foot there again if I can help it. I really wished Presbyterian hadn't bowed out, or that there was a 4th company that had tried. But if I had to choose between Atrium and Tenet, I'd go for Atrium for sure

Old 02-20-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
I have mixed feelings about this. I personally use Carolinas Healthcare (Atrium) but it just seems like they get bigger and bigger, more greedy, and aren't non-profit in practice. On the other hand, Piedmont killed my brother with their ineptitude and I won't set foot there again if I can help it. I really wished Presbyterian hadn't bowed out, or that there was a 4th company that had tried. But if I had to choose between Atrium and Tenet, I'd go for Atrium for sure
No, just the three but Presbyterian (Novant) caved with all the back and forth on decisions between PMC and Carolinas winning. I would think the attorney fees are astronomical now. We use Carolinas Healthcare too and it is a for profit money machine. Piedmont is a non-profit and our York County taxes help pay for indigent care. But there is a problem of getting out of there alive.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:23 PM

198 posts, read 281,372 times
I think you meant to say Piedmont is for profit, not non-profit. I really don't understand how CMC can continue to operate as a "non profit" when profit is their driving motivator nowadays.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
I think you meant to say Piedmont is for profit, not non-profit. I really don't understand how CMC can continue to operate as a "non profit" when profit is their driving motivator nowadays.
Yes thanks! I got that backwards! Piedmont (Tenet) is for profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties