Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 719 times

Advertisements

Well I hope that by now you have received some decent advice that helps you. But I am one of the many unemployed residents from Casper, wyo. I like the plentiful others have been laid off. I constantly hear of oilfield company's and big businesses in town laying off. My aunt works in the unemployment office and is relaying her stress from being overwhelmed by the amount of new claims daily which she claims to be at least 100. There are jobs out there but unfortuanatly we are all fighting for that one position. I was employed on a construction site building new homes. Our home sales just hit a wall and slowed to one a month where we were closing 3-4 a week. Unemploeyement in wyoming is on the rise. I was fortunate in the fact that when I was laid off I was attending college. So the state offered to pay for me while I pursued my degree. Because of the crisis the unemployement agencies have relaxed thier standards for continued education and time frame. I hope that some of this helps you to understand a little better. In a state like wyoming where we depend mostly on oil and coal, a hard worker is never forgotten and greatly appreciated. If you can come here and prove to outwork the other guys with no complaints you'll get the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming