Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 02:19 PM

4 posts, read 9,611 times

Advertisements

My husband will be in Sheridan tomorrow (Oct. 10) for a final job interview-this was arranged last minute. We would like to find a house to rent- 3 bedroom with a garage. We would also prefer a house built before 1978, I am concerned about lead paint with small children.

We have not sold our house in Michigan yet, so obviously, the cheaper the better. If anyone has any concrete leads that my husband could look into on Friday or Saturday, we would REALLY appreciate it. We understand that housing in Sheridan is hard to find.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 10:41 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,964 times
There are not very many rentals available, At least none that I would even recommend. The best thing for your hubby to do is go and talk to some of the realators. They would have more info about what is available rent wise. I think that some of the new construction up by the High School football field maybe rentals. I know that they are supposed to be affordable housing anyways. It maybe cheaper checking into them for possible housing as you are going to pay a minimum of $1500 a month in rent for a 3bdrm. home.

My daughter bought one of those new "Affordable" homes by the High School almost a year ago. It cost her around $185,000 but was appraised for around $225,000. She bought a 3 bdrm. with full unfinished basement. There is also a newer trailer court/subdivision going in up on E. College. I saw that there were a couple of really nice single wides for sell up there.

Tell your hubby good luck with the interview and the search.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 5,269 times
hey any chance he is intervfiewing with the police? my husband is too. we are really interested in moving but cannot find housing.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:57 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,908 times
You could look at Sheridan Press

Go to the classifieds and look at the rentals. For free you can look at the rentals for one day of each week.

However you can get a cheap 2 months subscription online for like $11 last I checked. Check the online classified section every day early in the morning and call on what ever rentals become available. The other suggestion would be like others are saying call all the Realtors in town.

A couple realty companies have property managers also...

Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM

44 posts, read 137,223 times
Default Buffalo

If you can't find anything in Sheridan, you might want to look in Buffalo. There are several listings in the classifieds at The Buffalo Bulletin > Front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: