Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 AM

23 posts, read 167,182 times

Advertisements

I just applied for a job in Sheridan (I currently live in an outer ring suburb of Minneapolis). Though this is only one job that I have applied for, this is the beginning of a concentrated effort to get my family out to Wyoming.

I was wondering where I could some good information on house rentals in Sheridan/Buffalo.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:40 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,868,510 times
The best thing to do is get in touch with the local realtors in Sheridan and Buffalo. Anymore most landlords seem to go through them to rent out their property rather than advertise in a local paper. Also be sure to check with local trailer parks and apt. complexes and see if any of them have something available to at least get you in a place and give you more time to find something else. If you need info. for those places you can either check through older posts here on CD or you can DM me and I will get names and phone numbers to you.

Rent prices are still on the high side, a 3 bdrm usually rents on average no less than $1000 a month with first and last plus deposit.

I think there are more and more rentals becoming available as either people have moved on or have finally bought a home. But rentals are still not as readily available as they once were 5-10 years ago.

Just keep in mind that a lot of rentals do not allow pets. There is a possibility they will if you ask nice enough and be willing to pay an extra deposit.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM

264 posts, read 1,096,158 times
Buffalo:
The Buffalo Bulletin > Admarket > Rentals

Sheridan:
Classified Ads

Happy house-hunting!

Old 09-14-2009, 05:16 AM

76 posts, read 259,718 times
Yep, best place to start will be to contact the local realtors - I forget now exactly which ones deal with rentals, there are only 2 or 3 of them that do (realty companies that is). When we were looking nearly a year ago they were extremely helpful, a couple of them put together big packets of different places to check into. Unfortunately none of them panned out anyway because not a single one would allow our pets (2 medium sized dogs, 1 cat), which is just as well because at that time we found out we could make a mortgage payment cheaper than a rent payment even on the run down places. I don't know if prices have dropped significantly since then but back then most of the places we checked into were $1200/mo. average. Some a little bit more, some a little bit less, but right in there. Trailer parks were not an option - nobody NOBODY had any lots for a trailer or any trailers either. The only one we found with space is whatever they call that new one by the interstate, they had one opening but several applications already in for it. Maybe its changed in the past year, I'm sure the realtors would know better.

Another place to check is on craigslist, I know back when we were looking there were a few that advertised their rentals on there. The Sheridan Press Classifieds are free to look at online every day, and the Country Bounty is free to look at online too every week. Free resources, might as well use them.

Sheridan Press Classifieds:
Classified Ads
(D'oh! Just realized rugged already got this one)

Country Bounty:
The Country Bounty (http://www.sheridanmedia.com/bounty/countrybounty/index.html - broken link)

Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 AM

23 posts, read 167,182 times
Thanks for all the great information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: