Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:35 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times

Advertisements

Well I am scrambling today after being taken for a ride by a con artist.
I won't mention the person's name.

My family was supposed to move into a small house in Buffalo next weekend and the gal renting it to us, that has been avoiding us for a couple weeks now, so we can't nail down a rental agreement or keys to the house. Called my husband so emotionless you could hear a pin drop. Basically said you don't have a place to live because I sold my house!

This lady promised us 45 days notice and assured us three or four times we could rent her place and even told us to switch our utilities over and everything. Meanwhile we already gave our 30 days notice weeks ago, and the crazy landlord we have now that is a hermit and hates everyone around her and in town, is full of glee because are are leaving. Gave us another month here, but said any longer she doesn't know about. So pretty much a no we can't stay here past a month.

So if my husband and I don't find a place to live in a month, we have to find my husband a new job and walk away from his excellent job where people all over Sheridan and Buffalo request my husband by name for service and walk away and say good bye.

I was an emotional mess, never in my life have I been conned so bad to the point my family was almost homeless. If my current landlord didn't give us a month here, we would be homeless in a week.

We have been trying to make things work here to raise our daughter, and eventually buy, but time has just closed in on us and may force us out of here.

If anyone knows a rental in Sheridan, Buffalo or the area, please let me know. We can afford up to $850 a month... My husbands entire company are calling everyone in town they can think of to tell our story of being conned, they are in utter shock. I mean selling a home out from under a tenant is not uncommon here, but with a week to spare and putting our current rental in jeopardy is something no one my husband works with has ever heard of. They are in shock. My husband and I never lie cheat or steal and would never hurt a family the way we have been hurt.

We have no money saved to move out of state, and will have to have family help us this time, and I am just distraught, because I don't like handouts. But I am looking at having no home in the middle of the winter with a baby if I can't find something.

Please say a prayer for my family and if anyone knows of anyone that could help us feel free to dm me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,022 times
Kristy,
So sorry to hear about your situation. I will pray for you. Just turn things over to God and things will be okay. You have been so good to people on the boards here, I'm sure the favors will be returned and you will find a place! Keep your chin up, girl!

Georgia

Old 09-19-2008, 09:22 AM

504 posts, read 2,175,035 times
Sorry to hear the bad news! I hope you find something ASAP! Are there any property management places in town? Gosh, good luck!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:44 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,234 times
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I am lighting a candle and saying a prayer for your family.

Trust that something even better is waiting for you.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:55 AM

Thanks Georgia, your kind words made me cry... I appreciate the warm thoughts and prayers. My husband and I have been praying and trying to pick ourselves up and keep our faith strong...

Bluebird thanks for your suggestions My husband's entire company as well as my husband is calling every realtor/realty company, property manager in town. So far a couple down and a few more to go, one property manager is going to call me back, and another one call my husband back.
There are a lot of homes for sale and my husband's Boss contacted one guy that used to rent, but got soured on renting so put up the rental house to sell, my husband is going to request at least 6 month lease, for security to give us time to plan what we are going to do. It doesn't sound like that one is going to work out because the guy's wife my husband talked to was not enthusiastic at all, which I understand cause she's been burned too many times, she said she would call us back and talk to her husband. But didn't sound like it would work my husband told me.

Before we completely give up we are going to exhaust every resource... and if that fails we will start looking for another job for my husband. Just so scary, to leave a good job for an unknown job somewhere else is such a bad economy.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:56 AM

Thank you Clay Lady for your prayers I truly appreciate any prayers. You are right God may have something better in store for us, and I just have to keep my faith...

Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,234 times
Take away the "may" and you will have it right!

I stopped renting a house in Arkansas because of the bad actions of a few people. I know how easy it is to not believe a new person will not be the same. Your husband's boss would be an excellent reference. Anyone selling right now must know that loan money is almost not available. A six month lease sounds like a smart offer/deal for you and the owner.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM

13 posts, read 34,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
Please say a prayer for my family
I have prayed Kristynwy

Old 09-19-2008, 01:11 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
Please add my heartfelt prayers to the rest and I sincerely hope all will work out for you and your family.

Best wishes,
Froggie (aka DeAnna)

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Old 09-19-2008, 07:48 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
I am very sorry to hear what is happening to your family. I do wish you the very best in what ever happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming