Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 PM

18 posts, read 282,446 times

Advertisements

I've recently started the Couch to 5K program, and it's going great. But I have knee issues while running downhill....and in my neighborhood, and most as far as I know, it's pretty hilly. I've been running in the cemetery the last 3 weeks because thats the most level place I've found in my part of town. I was just wondering where else I could run outside for now. I figure I'll have to move to the rec center when winter comes but right now I'd much rather be outdoors. Any good trails that aren't too steep? Is there even a track in this town?

Any help you could give would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 10:38 PM

592 posts, read 2,245,477 times
Check out the high school they have a track. The neighborhoods over by the rec center are on fairly level ground. Do you need a hard surface or will dirt be OK ? There are lots of dirt roads around.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:41 AM

Dirt would probably be better on my knees, actually. As long as it was pretty smooth so I'm not rolling ankles! Where do you suggest?

Old 08-10-2008, 08:02 PM

You know where the south side belt loop crosses from Dewar over the railroad tracks ? There is a road that goes south called west second street. Go south on this untill you see a county road going east. ( The water treatment plant sits across the road to the west.)This goes all the way up a nice little canyon.
Another one would be off of foothills Blvd. South of the mall. There is a road that goes toward White Mountain. This road ties into all sorts of dirt roads and paths that run along the base of the mountain. ( Also a nice county park up there.) If you drive up on top of the mountain there are all sorts of roads up there too and the view is great. There are roads that take off from around the rec center too.
Most of these are close to the city but are a little isolated so you might want to run with a freind or let someone know where you are in case your knee goes out or turn an ankle ? If you spend some time driving around you will find all sorts of these old dirt roads. Some are close to town some outside of town. Same thing over in Green River. Lots of old roads along the river. Just explore and ask around.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:01 PM

Thanks so much! I know that park, I was just thinking about it today as a potential running spot, actually. It's isolated enough where I'd also probably feel comfortable with my young kids running around there if I stayed close by. If I could run with them around it would be much easier than finding time when DH is home to watch them.

I will definitely check out the other areas too. Thanks again!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:45 PM

Your welcome , and if you see the park caretaker say Hi for me. Tell him Miles sent you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming