Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 11,208 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
My name is Victor and I'm interested in buying a mountain cabin in a remote area of Wyoming. I've been doing some basic research on the Internet but don't know the state of Wyoming very well–-I'm from California. Are there particular places that anyone here can recommend? I'd like a cabin in the mountains with wildflife and the opportunity to hunt. Any help, advice, suggestions, etc., are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Best
Victor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 PM

592 posts, read 2,243,324 times
Sent you a message.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:21 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Cabin in the mountains? Big bucks. Not easy to come by. But you can get close. Pick a little town next to the mountains like Dayton, Story, Banner, Big Horn, Buffalo, and you'll be right there.

As far as wildlife is concerned, I've had a bear, mountain lion, elk and deer in my yard. And I live in town, Sheridan. haha We've got the wildlife. My neighbor even put out a salt lick in his front yard. Deer are over there most every night.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 11,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Cabin in the mountains? Big bucks. Not easy to come by. But you can get close. Pick a little town next to the mountains like Dayton, Story, Banner, Big Horn, Buffalo, and you'll be right there.

As far as wildlife is concerned, I've had a bear, mountain lion, elk and deer in my yard. And I live in town, Sheridan. haha We've got the wildlife. My neighbor even put out a salt lick in his front yard. Deer are over there most every night.
Elk,
Hi. Thanks for the post. I'll research those towns you mentioned.
Best,
Victor

Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolia View Post
Elk,
Hi. Thanks for the post. I'll research those towns you mentioned.
Best,
Victor
Buffalo is the biggest at about 6000 people. But the rest are pretty small and have some houses outside of town in the forest.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:26 PM

382 posts, read 936,585 times
We have a cabin in the woods for sale. It just depends on your definition of cabin.
Moose, deer and much more on the property. I was told they saw a cougar just down the hill last week. ( I am hoping not) Walk from the house to a great fly fishing river or down to the lake. Borders two national forest and you can ride or snowmobile off the property into miles into national Forest.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintersspouse View Post
We have a cabin in the woods for sale. It just depends on your definition of cabin.
Moose, deer and much more on the property. I was told they saw a cougar just down the hill last week. ( I am hoping not) Walk from the house to a great fly fishing river or down to the lake. Borders two national forest and you can ride or snowmobile off the property into miles into national Forest.
I took my 5 year old grandson fishing a couple years ago. Was pointing out tracks in the snow and explaining them to him. On the way back he pointed at some tracks and said, "Look Grandpa." I looked down at our tracks with mountain lion tracks on top of them. We were being followed. hahaha

Boy did that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. haha

Old 03-31-2009, 12:12 PM

4 posts, read 16,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintersspouse View Post

This is exactly what I am looking for! I am currently looking for a 'vacation cabin' that I could rent out part of the year and use some as well. I would like it to be near national forests, near water, lots of wildlife, mountains, and privacy. Any ideas where I need to concentrate my search?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,159,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHostage View Post
This is exactly what I am looking for! I am currently looking for a 'vacation cabin' that I could rent out part of the year and use some as well. I would like it to be near national forests, near water, lots of wildlife, mountains, and privacy. Any ideas where I need to concentrate my search?
Would you like to give us a clue as to the price range you're willing to spend?

There's places that are reasonably priced, but not very accessible ... and hence, not very rentable ...

And places that are very "pricey" ... but have all the amenities and are accessible, so have a chance at being rented out ....

Will you plan on being your own property manager or depending upon others to rent out/maintain your place in your absence? This, too, makes a big difference in the rental cash flow and number of potential clients.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:01 PM

4 posts, read 16,629 times
I'm trying to keep it around $300K. I will probably use something like cyberrentals.com. It need not be a 5 star facility. Mostly just for hunters, recreationists, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming