Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 07:08 PM

438 posts, read 1,732,845 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Anyone know of a cabin (can be very rustic) that can be rented for the first two weeks of July? We've come out the last few years and tent camp. This year we plan to bring our two dogs. They are 9 yr old brittanys and one has bad arthritis and dysplasia. I don't want to kennel her this year.

With the dog crates taking up extra room in the truck it would be easier to leave some of the camping gear at home and it would make going to dinner, Buffalo pool, etc easier (we don't leave our dogs in alone in a vehicle longer than it takes to pay for gas or grab a gallon of milk). We're planning on the first two weeks of July. It would be husband, me and our daughter.

Please drop me a dm if you know of a place. Figure the earlier I start looking, the better.

Thanks.

Dea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,270,741 times
You might want to check out The Pines Lodge and South Fork Inn. Both are small, rustic lodges about 20 miles west of Buffalo on U.S. 16. The Pines is on Middle Fork Creek and South Fork on South Fork Creek, about a mile away. Both have nice grounds; I'd give South Fork a slight edge for better upkeep of cabins and lodge.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM

Thank WyoNewk. I'll look into both.

Dea13

Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 PM

HOLY MOLY! It would be expensive to rent a cabin for two weeks with our dogs. I guess I was expecting it to be like our northern WI area where you can rent rustic cabins (not in an expensive resort, just bare minimum) for pretty modest price. We've done that here quite a bit. And sometimes Park Service (or is it Forest Service?) sometimes has cabins they rent out. Shows I should learn not to assume

My husband and daughter will be disappointed but I'll have to rethink if we should really come out again this year.

Thanks for the info! Dea

Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,270,741 times
Maybe you can rent a small camper for a couple weeks. Or just buy an older one. Even a tent camper. Just don't get one too big for your truck. There are some great campgrounds in the Bighorns above Buffalo. Forest Service sites (no hookups, pit toilets, drinking water, fire pits/grills) are around $12/night, or you can just find a level spot (something like 300 feet from a roadway) and camp for free anywhere in the National Forest.

You might get lucky with an ad in the local paper, The Buffalo Bulletin > Front but there aren't all that many private cabins in the Bighorns. It probably wouldn't cost much to try an ad for a few weeks. It's a small weekly paper.

I was pretty sure both of those places had rustic cabins; I know the Pines does. Neither are fancy places, but I'm sure when you price a cabin for a couple weeks it sounds like it must be fancy. Trust me -- those places aren't making a killing. They all seem to scrimp to stay in business, and most don't make it. It's a short season on the mountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: