Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 2,593 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are wanting to move to Lander. She went to school there and we cant wait to get back. Would love any info on the job world! I am a firefighter and am looking into BLM or the Forest Service. But we will take anything. Also are there alot of vacant homes for lease or sell?

Thankyou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,279,876 times
I looked into the Lander real estate market last fall, and was impressed with how nice some of the older neighborhood homes were, as well as some of the properties on acreage on the outskirts of town.

But the price points were pretty strong for the marketplace, and my interest was buying a property for investment ... to buy and then lease out, as there appeared to be very few properties available to lease. I looked at several homes through two real estate agencies, and simply couldn't make the numbers work for me. I only needed the properties to break even on the PITI and maintenance costs, and I didn't see that happening in the current marketplace.

I think you'd need to contact the local real estate agencies directly to see what's on offer these days, and to put that marketplace in the perspective of what the wage scales are there that you can realistically expect to earn if you do get a job there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming