Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 PM

430 posts, read 1,624,412 times

Advertisements

There's nothing wrong with Kemmerer. My first time thru there I was sort of freaked out (a woman alone traveling from Cody to Lyman to pick up a gun safe) because was hunting season and I HONESTLY never saw one child or woman in town after taking 2 passes thru Kemmerer & Diamondville. But then my son moved there a few years ago & lived there for 2-3 yr & other than the man he worked for (does semi recovery & diesel mechanic) the ppl are really great. He made some really good friends. But my son (he is now 27) is deep Wyo & born about 100 years too late. He has the values & morals of 100 years ago & his interests are all in outside recreation. He has a huge heart & always makes friends. After going to visit him a few times I decided Kemmerer wasn't so bad at all. I sort of liked it finally & then he moved here so haven't been back there yet. The best thing is that it isn't going to grow & there are some GREAT places to go to explore. And the Oyster Ridge Bluegrass Festival ROCKS!!! It is a real community with decent schools. Good for you Jibendima for standing up for your hometown!!!! Kemmerer folks beat the "upscale" wannebees in Cody we deal with on a daily basis.....and now a gated community going in about 1/3 of the way up to Yellowstone with about 50 or more new mansions going in - or more, I forget how many they approved after the years of fighting it....). Just what we need here. More Calif & Colo ppl coming here to bring their probs with them. Best part is that so many of them come here, built mega-houses because they sold their houses for mega-bucks wherever they moved from & then they can't afford to maintain them so they go on the market & move away. Sorry, but I am not big on showiness. Wyo has always been simple living with a lot of hard work. Building ski lodges as "summer cabins" is nothing short of pretentious. And then there are all our foreign HUGE land owners....I'd take the townfolk of Kemmerer ANY day but not moving...house is paid for. LOL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 12:29 AM

430 posts, read 1,624,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanppl View Post
Hi!

I know that your question wasn't addressed to me and I haven't lived in Kemmerer, my husband is currenty working over there though and I wanted to add he has poor or no cellphone signal down in Kemmerer or Opal, as for that fact, it is a "hole".
LOL!!!! about 80% of Wyo is probably considered a "hole" as far as cell phone service goes. Isn't a great priority out here.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:57 AM

46 posts, read 214,545 times
We have stayed at several motels, in WY and other states, owned by Indian people and never had anything but good experiences w/them. Guess any people can take on attitudes of towns especially if they received similar treatment when they arrived.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,430 times
Kemmerer isn't bad. I worked there for a summer and everyone was nice, despite the fact that i'm from New York and drove an import with NY plates. The people were friendly and the place certainly wasn't "scary", but then again i'm coming from the urbanized east coast, so my perspective might be different than yours. The lodging prices were extremely high, but that's to be expected due to the gas boom. Lots of fun stuff to do around there if you're interested in the outdoors.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,941 times
Hello everyone, I live in Indiana and was thinking of moving to Mountain View Wy, can anyone give some tips on jobs or housing. Indiana and the Chicago area are about dead. Thanks

Old 02-03-2009, 05:43 PM

947 posts, read 3,574,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischerman94 View Post
Hello everyone, I live in Indiana and was thinking of moving to Mountain View Wy, can anyone give some tips on jobs or housing. Indiana and the Chicago area are about dead. Thanks
You would be MUCH better of asking this by starting a NEW thread.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:47 PM

258 posts, read 561,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibindiba View Post
Just to let you know you people don't know this town. you are judging from one person who you probably took the wrong way. We are all very nice people here. i don't know where you get off saying that it is a scary town. it wasn't scary until a bunch of people from texas, louisiana, and such places moved here. since then the crime rate has gone way up. Sorry that we don't need air conditioners here in this town, because it is winter here more than it is any other season. Also just because we don't get great service doesn't mean anything; we don't get service because not a lot of people live here so cell phone companies don't feel the need to put to many towers around here. Also i get good reception here unless i am on my way to or from evanston. We also do not have any hotels that are owned by men from India so i don't know where you are getting that. don't just judge people by what they look like what does it matter what nationality they are anyway. drop it, who cares. i have lived in this town all my life and absolutely love, and wish people would quit bashing on the people that live here and our town. how would you like if i bashed on the your home town and the people that live there. it wouldn't make you very happy would it. If you have anything else to say about kemmerer just let me know i would be glad to argue with you about it.

I used to live inthe Bridger Valley and delivered freight in the Valley, Evanston and Kemmerer. I never met nicer people than those in Kemmerer and I got to meet a lot of them. Things may have changed since then, but I'm guessing that someone was having a bad day and passed it on to another.

Don't judge a town by it's motels-they're not owned by locals. Don't believe me? Spend a few mornings at the busiest coffee shop/diner (the one with all the old pickup trucks) and you'll know what the town's made of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming