Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 PM

109 posts, read 331,393 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone for all your advice about Kemmerer. I hope now things now change for the better to my hubby as he's moving to Evanston, (no indian managers there we hope), though he says it's a 45 minutes trip from there to his job. He's optimist because anyway he is there to work and we will hope for the best. And by the way you people are the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 06:37 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,073,263 times
Okay somehow I thought you were talking about Green River, not sure where that came from. Sorry.....

Old 07-24-2007, 07:26 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,447,034 times
i recently read an article in usa today which said that something like 65% of all independent motels in the usa are owned by people from india.i think the percentage in wyoming may be higher,but many of them are very nice.i have stayed in kemmerer at a motel owned by some big hawiian guy who i found to be very nice.i cant remember the name though.goodluck

Old 08-07-2007, 05:34 PM

947 posts, read 3,578,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicskier View Post
Kemmerer is a hole! I lived there and can vouch for that.
Again.....can you expand on this? As I said, I'm in the radio broadcasting field and have applied for a job in Kemmerer.

If you are going to claim "Kemmerer is a hole" or that "it was the worst 3 months of your life".. it would be a good idea for you to explain why. Not because you have to, but it would be great to share your expeirience with the rest of us.

Please enlighten those of us who don't know!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 AM

109 posts, read 331,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergeek2007 View Post
Again.....can you expand on this? As I said, I'm in the radio broadcasting field and have applied for a job in Kemmerer.

If you are going to claim "Kemmerer is a hole" or that "it was the worst 3 months of your life".. it would be a good idea for you to explain why. Not because you have to, but it would be great to share your expeirience with the rest of us.

Please enlighten those of us who don't know!
Hi!

I know that your question wasn't addressed to me and I haven't lived in Kemmerer, my husband is currenty working over there though and I wanted to add he has poor or no cellphone signal down in Kemmerer or Opal, as for that fact, it is a "hole".

Old 08-12-2007, 02:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,565 times
Default agreed

kemmerer is a stain on the state. . lyman, mt view, and ft. bridger are all a much better choice.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,393 times
Just to let you know you people don't know this town. you are judging from one person who you probably took the wrong way. We are all very nice people here. i don't know where you get off saying that it is a scary town. it wasn't scary until a bunch of people from texas, louisiana, and such places moved here. since then the crime rate has gone way up. Sorry that we don't need air conditioners here in this town, because it is winter here more than it is any other season. Also just because we don't get great service doesn't mean anything; we don't get service because not a lot of people live here so cell phone companies don't feel the need to put to many towers around here. Also i get good reception here unless i am on my way to or from evanston. We also do not have any hotels that are owned by men from India so i don't know where you are getting that. don't just judge people by what they look like what does it matter what nationality they are anyway. drop it, who cares. i have lived in this town all my life and absolutely love, and wish people would quit bashing on the people that live here and our town. how would you like if i bashed on the your home town and the people that live there. it wouldn't make you very happy would it. If you have anything else to say about kemmerer just let me know i would be glad to argue with you about it.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,202,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
i recently read an article in usa today which said that something like 65% of all independent motels in the usa are owned by people from india.i think the percentage in wyoming may be higher,but many of them are very nice.i have stayed in kemmerer at a motel owned by some big hawiian guy who i found to be very nice.i cant remember the name though.goodluck
and from what I have been told.....the vast majority are owned by one Extended family by the name of Patel.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:37 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,166,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and from what I have been told.....the vast majority are owned by one Extended family by the name of Patel.
In India, the name Patel is like Smith or Jones in the US. Same names, yeah, related, I doubt it.

I've stayed at a lot of motels in Wyoming while traveling around. It's funny, the only one I stayed in that was owned and operated by a person or couple from India was right here in Sheridan.

Scary towns in Wyoming? Have never encountered one.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:23 PM

11,557 posts, read 53,325,478 times
It was in the papers locally that 5 of the motels in Rawlins are now owned by a single Indian fellow. He'd owned a number of motels throughout the East and Midwest USA, but sold all of them and moved to Rawlins where he could buy a majority position in the marketplace.

I've stayed in two of his Rawlins motels during my Wyoming travels this year. IMO, if the other 3 he owns are in similar condition, I'd rather sleep in my car's backseat the next time I have to stop when the roads get shut down in the winter. At least my sleeping bag is clean and my inflatable mattress is comfortable ... and the doors actually close on my car.

On a motel scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a Ritz hotel, and 1 being a flea bag motel on the wrong side of the tracks in Miami's industrial district ... these old Rawlins motels rate about minus 2.

I would have stayed at the newer motels on the West end of Rawlins on those trips, but both were "sold out" when I-80 got shut down due to the storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming