Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 10:57 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,795,025 times

Advertisements

There is folks of course never think about the future (Buttercups), but most Americans have savings and is trying to have retirement.

We Have many Americans that has been wiped out due to the recession and slow recovery.

Anyone want to take a guess as to which forum this is from?

Old 12-11-2016, 10:21 AM

Do you live in a country where free speach is discouraged?

But if you love your culture and it's values

Us Trump supporters dont need safe space and safty pins,we like our guns

Of please Shut your Piehole Loser.

you have a really serious case of denial and its not the the River in Egypt! LOL why would he need to safe space he won you're the won that picked the looser snowflake! LOL

Wow, typical not to bright statement courtesy of the not to bright alt left.

So your suggesting...

Your damn right I'll challenge the intelligence of others!

hire some he is such high paying job creator maybe some qualified low payed instructors
p-a-i-d (not payed)
???

Old 12-11-2016, 03:32 PM

19,144 posts, read 25,364,085 times
The state of XXXXXXXXXXX should preserve it's history and heritage ,300 million is alot but I still say a worth while cause

Old 12-12-2016, 08:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,658,860 times
Just heard a commercial on TV for cat litter.

The person asks: "How often do you scoop your litter box?"

My first thought was, I don't use a litter box. I use the 'facilities'! lol

Old 12-12-2016, 10:01 AM

Their were 13 colonies.
After the Civil War, arms were ban from people, by States and the Federal Government.

China is used to having it's way with the docile and pliant Obama administration, and the Bush administration had it's hands full in the Middle East.

I think its funny

China holds etiquitte sacred

I think the Defense Department is laughing at how stupid you have shown from lack of knowledge about the most simplistic things... its no wonder the democratic think beyond a number

cause
they can't be any smarter...

so you can stupid the BS lying AGAIN

Old 12-12-2016, 11:20 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,913,790 times
"I grew up Pentecostal, they are VERY different from Non Demon".

Pentecostals are demonic??

Old 12-12-2016, 07:47 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,808,014 times
Default A fairly common mistake, but still

From 39 dead as truck rams into vehicles on Kenya road - CenturyLink

Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement Sunday calling the incident a "a grizzly and unnecessary accident. The tanker responsible for the deaths should not have been on that particular road at that hour."

Yah, it's a tragedy, right enough. & too bad that AP didn't run their syntax checker - that presumably would have flagged the duplicate a "a, as well as the bear driving without a license. AP must be slipping, they didn't used to make this kind of error - or @ least, I hadn't noticed this kind of stuff before. Condolences to the families.

& we may have to bury well-written reporting, too.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:22 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,252,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
we may have to bury well-written reporting, too.
The scrolling marquee of news is always filled with mistakes. Doesn't anyone proofread the content before sending this information on air?

For example a tragic traffic accident reported that the diver was killed instantly. Was the person wearing a scuba diving suit?

Old 12-13-2016, 07:58 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,808,014 times
Default Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
The scrolling marquee of news is always filled with mistakes. Doesn't anyone proofread the content before sending this information on air?

For example a tragic traffic accident reported that the diver was killed instantly. Was the person wearing a scuba diving suit?
Yah, I don't know what's going on with the MSM & near-MSM media. In retail, I think of the K-mart syndrome - you know, when the older, local K-mart gets the notice that they're closing in 60 or 90 days, staff morale falls through the floor, the place looks unkempt in no time, etc. That's the feeling I get when I see typos @ this level - like the suits upstairs have decided to retrench yet again on operations, so that they can vacation in Bermuda or wherever, & the enterprise meanwhile is circling the drain.

Yep, you would think that purely in self defense, the editors or compilers or whatever-they're-called these days would run the spellchecker & syntax checker, & read through the whole thing carefully before posting. That doesn't seem to happen anymore, or @ least, I'm seeing basic mistakes that I didn't notice before.

As for the diver - yah, a wetsuit is one possibility. Or maybe it was Section 9, & Major Motoko or one of her minions was doing the ice cracking thing. Ya gotta hope the Major's OK - that series wouldn't be the same without her.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:12 AM

From a thread about being EDUCATED on the politics forum.

So you're from the south and most the white football players you wen't to HS with now liberals????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.