Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:46 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
And you live where? The US where all those exciting (NOT) suburban houses all look the same and have zero character?
i live in england lol
Usa is not just suburbs and their homes are much prettier than houses in UK.
Each region is different in the Us e.g Arizona looks completely different than Illinois and illinois is nothing like Florida ;p
Uk cities are almost all the same, boring rownhouses built very close to the street usually without any greenery because there is no space lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 04:29 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatturkey View Post
boring or not usually depends on the person in question! you can be stranded on a desserted island and still can find things to entertain yourself with.

sometimes, it's not so much the places are boring...but perhaps the person is boring?! just a thought....
Or bored.

I think you are right. I lived in NYC -smack dab in the middle of Manhattan - from the late 50's to 2000. Did everything there, went to everything, etc.

Now I find it massively boring, and worse than that annoying. But then....I used NYC up, and the quality and variety of what's there now, does not measure up to what used to be there in my estimation.

And I am at the point in my life where I don't need to be bombarded with entertainment and sensation; good conversation and company make an interesting place -- noise, hullabaloo and crowds of bufoons are big negatives. Thus, I would find other people's boring places far more interesting than NYC.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:57 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
i live in england lol
Usa is not just suburbs and their homes are much prettier than houses in UK.
Each region is different in the Us e.g Arizona looks completely different than Illinois and illinois is nothing like Florida ;p
Uk cities are almost all the same, boring rownhouses built very close to the street usually without any greenery because there is no space lol
Matter of opinion. I find a lack of character and interesting features in most US houses. Lots of historic houses in the UK. The older the better IMO.

The UK is not all cities. There are lots of villages, small towns and countryside. I'm not in England, but Scotland and I'm surrounded by greenery, water, mountains.

Many cities in the US look the same as any other city.

Oh, right, forgot you are the one who hates England. So move.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,864,332 times
Living in Canada was pretty boring. It's like being in a small town on the outskirts of everything else. And you can see everything else from your small town, but if you want to go to everything else you are leaving the country. Sitting inside for long periods gets boring, fast.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,864,332 times
Quote:
Matter of opinion. I find a lack of character and interesting features in most US houses. Lots of historic houses in the UK. The older the better IMO.

The UK is not all cities. There are lots of villages, small towns and countryside. I'm not in England, but Scotland and I'm surrounded by greenery, water, mountains.

A slight bit touchy today?

Old 04-11-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Usa has older cities too (Boston, New york) with lots of "historic" houses lol
But you are right, i cant wait to move out After living in this country for rew years i had enough ;p almost everything looks the same and its horribly overpriced

Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
A slight bit touchy today?
No, I've run into this guy before who is a PITA. Keeps saying the US is perfect and the UK sucks. I disagree.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:56 AM

422 posts, read 1,475,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
A dessert island could be quite interesting, but of course one would probably get FAT!

But a desert island, on the other hand, ....

hahaha....yes, a dessert island sounds like a gal's dream....hmmmm, what should i eat first - that tiramisu or kueh lapis or wait maybe an ondeh ondeh....

Last edited by bigfatturkey; 04-11-2010 at 10:04 AM..

Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
No, I've run into this guy before who is a PITA. Keeps saying the US is perfect and the UK sucks. I disagree.
i never said ANYWHERE that US is perfect, so stop talking s*hit.
not everyone has to like UK lol This thread is about most boring countries to live in and i just said my own opinion, obviously you have some problem with that ;/

Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
Quote:
And you live where? The US where all those exciting (NOT) suburban houses all look the same and have zero character?
I lived in this place in the USA and it was everything but boring !

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World