Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:48 PM

10,645 posts, read 16,030,146 times

Advertisements

I guess the most boring COUNTRIES to live in for me would be Mauritania, Niger, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Bangladesh, North Korea and all small islands in the Pacific Ocean except Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM

100 posts, read 138,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I guess the most boring COUNTRIES to live in for me would be Mauritania, Niger, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Bangladesh, North Korea and all small islands in the Pacific Ocean except Hawaii.
Hawaii isn't a country. It's the U.S.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:56 PM

100 posts, read 138,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasey98 View Post
Very little suburbs look like that in America anymore. Most suburbs utilize actually pretty impressive looking McMansions to spice up the architectural scene of the suburbs, therefore I'd say American suburbs are almost less monotonous than Britain's, sorry. It's rural areas and suburbs around touristy areas for some reason that have more cheap looking, cookie cutter buildings, and those are very few and far between nowadays.
Even the sunbelt, notorious for it's cookie cutter housing throughout the last decade, is relatively expensive looking and very pretty. Not monotonous at all anymore

Old 06-02-2015, 03:50 PM

10,645 posts, read 16,030,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasey98 View Post
Hawaii isn't a country. It's the U.S.
Never said it was.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:58 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Taiwan. So boring and depressing.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
The things that impress me as a tourist outside the US are: Natural scenery, city layout (whether a city has interesting architecture and a vibrant downtown area with open-air markets), how much clothing the young ladies wear (sadly, I'm being serious about that) and how irrational the culture is (the more you face-palm at their activities, the more interesting the culture).

The Scandinavian countries have a bit of natural beauty, but only Norway is actually gorgeous in places. The cities are drab, though outside of that there are some interesting architectural innovations. The women tend to bundle up against the cold and only get naked in large but expensive public hot tubs (yes, I have a good imagination). And as a society they are too damn perfect, their govt is an excellent hybrid system if burdensome at times, their environmental practices heal the planet, and they are way too rational to be interesting. So that's a down vote.

Any Muslim countries are highly irrational, so you'd think that would be good, but that irrationality is often in a fanatical religious way making them get upset if a pretty girl shows her mouth or ankle, rather than something cool and interesting. They are also boring on the other counts, though Indonesia and Malaysia are a bit more colorful and interesting.

Actually they're not as bad as all that, but their religion (not the people) scares and disgusts me, and I wouldn't want to put tourist money into their economy considering where it might end up - that's the same reason I won't buy street drugs.

I've never been to Australia, but I have the impression it can be boring outside Sydney and Melbourne.

I have no interest whatsoever in Antarctica, which I suppose is claimed by some countries. Nor have I any interest in the Moon, which I suppose is American on the Earth facing side, and maybe Chinese or Russian on the other side.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:45 AM

9 posts, read 21,780 times
Taiwan is the most boring, it is an international orphan, no recreation, just work, this island is very boring, ugly building, no one wants to come second
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World