Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 04:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I love everyone's exaggerated views on everything. Has anyone here visited all the anglo countries?
Yes.

They are all uniquely culturally diverse.

They all have a unique and beautiful geography.

None of them is overshadowed by anywhere else in the world for either.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:22 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yes.

They are all uniquely culturally diverse.

They all have a unique and beautiful geography.

None of them is overshadowed by anywhere else in the world for either.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I live in Australia where the Queen is still the head of state and I have never head until you mentioned to me Kate sister butt on the wedding day.

I wonder how many Americans ever knew of Queen Fabiola? Sure the average American may not be into the Royal family, yet they of course certainly would know if the Queen made a visit there. Yet if a Japanese Emperor visited the USA far less Americans would be aware of it.

Here in Australia so many people are not into the Royal family, yet of course if Australia becomes a republic it is very likely that there would still be a media obsession of the British Royal family in Australia if they are still reining in the UK.

Yet the British Royal family is not the only family out there that is over exposed and over rated. I can name quite a number of American families that are over exposed and over rated.
LOL! I can think of one, probably the most well known family in the states today..... that out-trashes the best of them.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:39 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,279,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I didnt say the US doesnt have an anglo element on its culture, I said the UK influence in the US is not as vast as many brits like to believe, the US is not Australia or NZ where british culture is pretty much the base of those countries cultures.

As far as jamaica, the UK influence is way bigger on the island than in the US

with UK / US relations is the opposite, the US has a huge amount of influence on the UK but not the other way, while the average brits is very exposed by its media to America the average American is sort of oblivious about the UK

that is what i am saying
Irene..... you can boast of the USA as your favorite? Not sure if you live in the US? I believe you are from a South American nation?
But you are Disrespecting these other nations. The UK, Australia, NZ and Canada are ALL vibrant nations with great cities. As for the USA YOU DENY IS NOT A ANGLO NATION... You are wrong. It is in so many ways and reasons. The US might be like the Bastard child of the Commonwealth nations, but part of the Anglo family by adoption....nevertheless? UK, US cultural exchange DOES go both ways. Hollywood was always full of UK actors and US movies today and television. Just many use American accents in shows.

Reminds me of the saying in the movie "Titanic"... When they say... the American oil wealth was as New money vs. The old Commonwealth class money... BUT STILL PART OF THE CLUB??? THE US IS STILL...PART OF THE ANGLO CLUB.

There are no nations closer culturally then the US. UK, Canada and Australia no matter how many Latinos become part of the US.

Last edited by steeps; 01-13-2015 at 04:47 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 04:43 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Irene..... you can boast of the USA as your favorite? Not sure if you live in the US? I believe you are from a South American nation?
But you are Disrespecting these other nations. The UK, Australia, NZ and Canada are ALL vibrant nations with great cities. As for the USA YOU DENY IS NOT A ANGLO NATION... You are wrong. It is in so many ways and reasons. The US might be like the Bastard child of the Commonwealth nations, but part of the Anglo family by adoption....nevertheless? UK, US cultural exchange DOES go both ways. Hollywood was always full of UK actors and US movies today and television. So us USA accents in shows.

There are no nations closer culturally then the US. UK, Canada and Australia no matter how many Latinos become part of the US.
I live in europe love

Old 01-13-2015, 04:46 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times
Quote:
I live in europe love
Does that make you better than others?

Old 01-13-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Does that make you better than others?
why would it?

Old 01-13-2015, 04:49 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,279,693 times
Quote:
I live in europe love
Great... all know now... may we guess which nation...... I jest

Old 01-13-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Great... all know now... may we guess which nation...... I jest
Switzerland

Old 01-13-2015, 05:12 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I love everyone's exaggerated views on everything. Has anyone here visited all the anglo countries?
I lived in one, currently in another, visited Canada numerous times and Australia in 2012

Old 01-13-2015, 05:32 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
Quote:
Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne (very pretty all of it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Right, so you didn't visit any vast deserts, you didn't see the beautiful tropical north or go as far south as Tasmania to see stunning forests. You didn't see the reef, the Daintree Rainforest, Uluru,. You certainly didn't see snakes.....
Surprisingly I found Sydney not that all it is made up to be - yes it is friendly, has the Opera house and the Bridge and the nearby three sisters mountains ( which I liked). Melbourne was a cultured city.

I found Adelaide with the wineries and the Kangaroo Island a bit more interesting.

I loved Tasmania, especially Launceston and Hobart. And Cairns with the barrier reef and the rainforests of the North.

But the highlight was the outback - Especially the ride in an off road vehicle from Alice Springs through Kings mountain to Uluru, camping under the stars, seeing wild camels, dingos and the Roos. There is nothing like that in the world. Pure magical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World