Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:49 AM

89 posts, read 202,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I don't think Africa is misunderstood. Unfortunately, due to historical reasons, it is a continent that is light years behind other parts of the world. Trust me, I once thought about visiting Africa but the fact that almost every country requires a visa and the cost of flying in Africa is absurd, not to mention that I would not really trust an African airline to take good care of their planes, so it is almost not worth it.

It is really hard to want to visit a continent when you hear about ritual servitude like they do in Ghana, Togo and Benin where the leader of a tribe takes young virgin girls, in payment for services or in religious atonement for alleged misdeeds of a family member.

Maybe some people find that "exotic" and "interesting" but I find it appalling. Or you hear about yet one more coup d'etat in some African country, the law in Malawi where people are fined for farting in public or people in Liberia contracting ebola because they are eating bats

You could argue that this lack of development is due to colonialism and "oppression" but for the most part, i think it is Africans doing it to themselves.
Do you really think Africa is all about (ritual servitudes, jungle, etc...). Stop thinking all you watch in tv, it's true !
All african countries are not the same!!!
I agree some countries are more dangerous than others, but dont put all of them in the same basket.
I have many friends who went to Senegal, Kenya and never had a problem.
I recommend you to do more research.
You should really try Senegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
P London you aren't even african anyway so who cares.
So if you're not 100% african that means you are not african at all ?

Old 11-06-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I do agree somewhat but why do people tie Africa with the same brush?

Its like saying because North Korea the whole of Asia is brought down by that one country bit silly..
agree !

Old 11-06-2014, 11:43 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,387,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I do agree somewhat but why do people tie Africa with the same brush?

Its like saying because North Korea the whole of Asia is brought down by that one country bit silly..
Because Africa has a ton of North Koreas, such as Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Somalia, Eritrea, Sudan, South Sudan, DRC, CAR, Zimbabwe, Mali, Niger, Chad, Uganda, Burundi, etc. They're also spread out rather evenly across the continent, so you can't really say that one part of Africa is "good" and another part is "bad".

Old 11-08-2014, 08:31 PM

11,654 posts, read 13,072,690 times
Africa is also diverse in term of its geographical and climatic layout. Who would know that these places are somewhere in Africa:

Old 11-10-2014, 01:38 PM

10,679 posts, read 16,128,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Africa is also diverse in term of its geographical and climatic layout. Who would know that these places are somewhere in Africa:

What country?

Old 11-10-2014, 01:43 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,433,902 times
My guess is Morocco in the atlas mountains.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:45 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,220,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post

Yea that was a once in a lifetime snowfall in Johannesburg with a average high of 16c. Yeah not wintry.

Its all too far north or south for snow.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:19 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,387,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
What country?
Id guess South Africa, I cant imagine any other country having snow in Africa

Old 11-10-2014, 04:20 PM

11,654 posts, read 13,072,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Yea that was a once in a lifetime snowfall in Johannesburg with a average high of 16c. Yeah not wintry.
Wrong.

It's Ifrane, Morocco. And it snows every year there.

Last edited by Ethereal; 11-10-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World