Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:59 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,850,363 times

Advertisements

^ how are the West and South the unpopular choice? The West includes California, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Zion/Bryce, Yellowstone, Colorado Rockies, the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Glacier.etc. The South includes Florida, as well as the beautiful Appalachians, New Orleans.etc. I suppose the Midwest is the least popular for tourism, but that's more 'central' I guess, or north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 12:39 AM

10,655 posts, read 16,077,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
For me for Mexico, I would choose the central/western region. I chose it since it has nice traditional cities as well as cities with many amenities that still have their charm such as Guanajuato, Leon, Morelia and Guadalajara. Also there's Mexico City.
Mexico City is more East Mexico than West.

Draw a straight line from Ciudad Acuna all the way South to Tecpan de Galeana.
That should be the border between West and East Mexico.
Torreon, Leon and Morelia = West.
Monterrey, Mexico City and Acapulco = East.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:13 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I might've...

Depends what your looking for in Finland. All the major cities are in the west and 70% of the population, but it's mostly farmland, mixed forest and flat, and coasts. In the east are most of the large lakes, hiking trails, rolling hills, wilderness and taiga. So if you're for cities and museums = west, for nature = east.

Norway is a trickier one. Many mountains are in the center, and both the southeast and west has fjords. The east has Oslo, the west has the Atlantic coast.
Kinda funny, though, that most of the people I met in Helsinki were originally from Kuopio. I know literally nothing about the east of Finland (besides some stories about smuggling), and the west is so much more interesting to me. But there seems to be a lot of outdorsy stuff to do in the east

Old 12-22-2013, 09:57 AM

1,887 posts, read 2,037,267 times
Am I the only one to choose west for China? Never been, but eastern China has horribly polluted cities, whereas far western China seems to have some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Forgive me for being incomplete:

China: West
Canada: North and West, but only because I've been to far east Canada (NS/PEI) and loved it already
United Kingdom: North, West
Norway: North and West
Sweden: North
France: South
Germany: East
Spain: everywhere, have heard it's all equally beautiful
Italy: North
Australia: East
New Zealand - South
Ireland: heard West is better
USA: North
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World