Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 05:57 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times

Advertisements

There is no "I" in team work.

Now you know how others felt about you when you were a mediocre worker who left ASAP and goofed off..

Time to face it. In the real world, it is often who the supervisor likes who gets ahead NOT who does the most work.

Little tip for you--companies often give 'the hard worker' more to do and no, they don't get thanks or 'more' money than the 'goof off.' In some cases, you get less money.

Why do I say this...well, you need to make people LIKE you...otherwise you are going to to be the 'guy stuck with the extra work' while others get kicked up the career ladder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Poor Grasshopper. It's amazing that you've been a CD contributor for such a long time but in all that time you have learned absolutely NOTHING.

You're so hell bent on this mantra of "this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be" even though the odds have defied you at every simple turn whether it be relative to relationships, work and employment, renting or even - gasp - sports.

The latter is something you pride yourself on knowing a lot about but even on that forum you're continually dissed and haven't succeeded in winning even one intelligent debate.

Almost 35 years old you seem to have even less basic knowledge of how the world turns than the average 7 year old and, unlike a child with a sponge brain capable of absorbing a huge amount of information, you appear to be stuck in some sort of a Walter Mitty existence of fantasy which is purely in your own mind and totally unrelated to reality.

Your "career" has never taken off, you're in a dead-end position surrounded by - gasp - women. Your misogynistic bent knows no bounds. You have no friends of either sex and as much as you could have learned from so many contributors to so many CD forums, all you care about is seeing your name and thread on Page 1.

You don't give a rat's patootie about anyone else's problems, have no desire to learn and you are indeed well advised to hoard some money for that rainy day which will soon come when you're once again laid off. Such an irredeemable twerp, it seems.

Next thread?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:21 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Anyone who cares about the success of a company shouldn't be walking out the door at 5:01pm especially if they don't have KIDS
TV&SG, it's apparent to me that staying late is only causing you to become a doormat for your supervisor. Do your other coworkers stay late? I'm assuming your other coworkers fall under the same category. If they're not concerned they'll lose their jobs for not working overtime, you're wasting your time working extra hours. You're fooling yourself you think you'll be seen as more successful. I suspect your co-workers are having the last laugh: You're being used.

I see the point you're making: you're tired of doing someone else's work, and it doesn't seem to matter to your supervisor that she's not doing it. Here are your options: deal with it or stop (and start looking elsewhere). I think it's time for a new job....

Old 04-24-2010, 09:23 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Poor Grasshopper. It's amazing that you've been a CD contributor for such a long time but in all that time you have learned absolutely NOTHING.

You're so hell bent on this mantra of "this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be" even though the odds have defied you at every simple turn whether it be relative to relationships, work and employment, renting or even - gasp - sports.

The latter is something you pride yourself on knowing a lot about but even on that forum you're continually dissed and haven't succeeded in winning even one intelligent debate.

Almost 35 years old you seem to have even less basic knowledge of how the world turns than the average 7 year old and, unlike a child with a sponge brain capable of absorbing a huge amount of information, you appear to be stuck in some sort of a Walter Mitty existence of fantasy which is purely in your own mind and totally unrelated to reality.

Your "career" has never taken off, you're in a dead-end position surrounded by - gasp - women. Your misogynistic bent knows no bounds. You have no friends of either sex and as much as you could have learned from so many contributors to so many CD forums, all you care about is seeing your name and thread on Page 1.

You don't give a rat's patootie about anyone else's problems, have no desire to learn and you are indeed well advised to hoard some money for that rainy day which will soon come when you're once again laid off. Such an irredeemable twerp, it seems.

Next thread?
I really wish I could be your "human sofa"

Old 04-24-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
TV&SG, it's apparent to me that staying late is only causing you to become a doormat for your supervisor. Do your other coworkers stay late? I'm assuming your other coworkers fall under the same category. If they're not concerned they'll lose their jobs for not working overtime, you're wasting your time working extra hours. You're fooling yourself you think you'll be seen as more successful. I suspect your co-workers are having the last laugh: You're being used.

I see the point you're making: you're tired of doing someone else's work, and it doesn't seem to matter to your supervisor that she's not doing it. Here are your options: deal with it or stop (and start looking elsewhere). I think it's time for a new job....

Lots of us stay late because it's not a 9 to 5 job. Those type of jobs are at fast food places

Old 04-24-2010, 10:26 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,052,419 times
Quote:
Lots of us stay late because it's not a 9 to 5 job. Those type of jobs are at fast food places

I'm not sure what you mean regarding fast food places. Most fast food places I know are open close to 20 hours a day, and sometimes 24hrs.

If it's not a 9-5 job, why are your coworkers going home at 5pm without caring?

I gave you my advice already, and you're not seeing what most of us are seeing: you're the only one who thinks you're "helping the company succeed" when you're just wasting your time. You have an inflated sense of your work importance. If doing the extra work was that important, your coworkers would be doing their share. It's obvious they can get by doing less than you. If you want to keep wasting your energy and posting your complaints on City-Data, by all means, continue.

Last edited by LexWest; 04-24-2010 at 10:34 PM..

Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post

I'm not sure what you mean regarding fast food places. Most fast food places I know are open close to 20 hours a day, and sometimes 24hrs.

If it's not a 9-5 job, why are your coworkers going home at 5pm without caring?

I gave you my advice already, and you're not seeing what most of us are seeing: you're the only one who thinks you're "helping the company succeed" when you're just wasting your time. You have an inflated sense of your work importance. If doing the extra work was that important, your coworkers would be doing their share. It's obvious they can get by doing less than you. If you want to keep wasting your energy and posting your complaints on City-Data, by all means, continue.

She is leaving early because she doesn't get it

Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,658,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

Next thread?
Yikes, that was pretty harsh, lol. I guess it's true though.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Yikes, that was pretty harsh, lol. I guess it's true though.
She has a thing for me-lol

Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,658,476 times
Quote:
She is leaving early because she doesn't get it
Why are you still focused on her? Again, you're not the supervisor, so you're not going to be able to do anything about her. You can't change other people at the workplace but you can change how you react to your coworker's actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment