Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 AM

256 posts, read 894,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Today I had my assessment test at Regions Bank HQ . Before the test started I sat down with 4 more people that were also there to do the test. They were dressed up! I sat there in my slacks, a fitted T shirt and a black vest, AND FLIP FLOPS! I was under the impression that this was only the testing part and that they would call you for an interview if they were interested. Well, I am now told that if you pass test they will interview your right away. Damn, I have a really nice "interview suit" at home hanging in my closet for things such as INTERVIEWS!
Lesson learned.
Well, I pass the hour long test and was about ready to get interviewed but an error had occurred on regions part. My application was not showing in their computer system. So the lady apologizes and asked me to please go home and wait for her to call me later in the day. They have to figure out why my application was not on file. So I am home now and waiting for them to call me back for the actually interview.
It seamed pretty easy. It is like being a bank teller but over the phone. The facility was really nice and very big. They had a restaurant and a what looked like a little coffee shop. Located in a nice are of town and located right next to a lake.
I am hopeful. I'm crossing my fingers.

When going to anything job related, you should dress like you would if you worked there. You're lucky you didn't get interviewed that day. They probably wouldn't have given you a second thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 AM

1,450 posts, read 4,254,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I know that. Like I said, "Lesson learned", Thanks you for looking out for me.
I will put my best suit on tomorrow!

Didn't mean to sound critical, glad you have a second chance to make a first impression! Knock 'em dead!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:06 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,504,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family_Guy27 View Post
When going to anything job related, you should dress like you would if you worked there. You're lucky you didn't get interviewed that day. They probably wouldn't have given you a second thought.
Yea, maybe you right maybe your not. I'm not going to dwell over it anymore.
What was that I wrote a few times already...
"lesson Learned" !

Old 08-10-2009, 03:43 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,943,164 times
Hmm...interesting that there was an "error" in the system with your application. Well I guess just take it as a 'second chance' to make a great impression. I hope they didn't purposely send you home because of your outfit choice......you never know.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:54 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,504,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Hmm...interesting that there was an "error" in the system with your application. Well I guess just take it as a 'second chance' to make a great impression. I hope they didn't purposely send you home because of your outfit choice......you never know.
Hmm, that would suck. No, they found the Error and called me back about 2 hours ago. They have me up for a phone interview first thing tomorrow morning.
I'm not sure what the Error was. I applied for several positions with them this past year and this is my second interview. Last time I had an interview at a branch and it was between me and another girl that had been a teller for several years already. That time I most defiantly wore my "power suit".I did not get the job that time but that did not stop me from trying again and again.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:32 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,180,055 times
Call Center work is not that bad.

You have to be someone that can sit and maintain, not have to be up and wandering around.

I started working in Call Centers about 9 years ago, am now in my 5th one, in management now, doing pretty well for myself.

It's all what you make of it, just like any job. Working for a bank would be a cushier job than working selling things, or doing collections.

As for these reasons that people listed they were fired, I feel sorry for any of you if these scenarios are true, however, having been on the other end of those issues, there are always two sides (or more) to it than just one call. To get fired from here for one bad call, you would have to probably curse at the customer and hang up on them. Thats about it. We never fire anyone for talk time, however, we do coach to it and the number is used in appraisals. What I have found, when talk time is measured, is the tendancy for people to blame it all on one long call, when, in fact, they are not processing the majority of the calls correctly, as, it is an average. For every 20 minute call my reps get, they probably get 10 hangups.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:23 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,173,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Call Center work is not that bad.

You have to be someone that can sit and maintain, not have to be up and wandering around.

I started working in Call Centers about 9 years ago, am now in my 5th one, in management now, doing pretty well for myself.

It's all what you make of it, just like any job. Working for a bank would be a cushier job than working selling things, or doing collections.

As for these reasons that people listed they were fired, I feel sorry for any of you if these scenarios are true, however, having been on the other end of those issues, there are always two sides (or more) to it than just one call. To get fired from here for one bad call, you would have to probably curse at the customer and hang up on them. Thats about it. We never fire anyone for talk time, however, we do coach to it and the number is used in appraisals. What I have found, when talk time is measured, is the tendancy for people to blame it all on one long call, when, in fact, they are not processing the majority of the calls correctly, as, it is an average. For every 20 minute call my reps get, they probably get 10 hangups.
typical statement for call room Management--enuff said

Last edited by Élan vital; 08-10-2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old 08-10-2009, 07:25 PM

^^ Well, I worked my way up from the bottom to where I am now, so, I understand where my reps are coming from, and try to do things to make their life easier, not harder on them.

Where I work, it takes an act of congress to fire anyone for anything other than attendance, and, even then, they can miss so much work it would make your head spin. I had to counsel a girl last week who, between the end of Febuary and the beginning of June, had called out for 35 days.

It isn't a job for everyone. However, you can make some pretty good money, depending on what you do: good benefits, air conditioned, non physical labor, and ability to work flexible schedules are usually some perqs of the job. For instance, when I worked for GE, I had a surgery that cost over 40K, (I saw the bill) total out of pocket cost: $150. That, and 6 weeks off of work paid in full.

I find that, in places such as this, the people that "get in trouble" are the ones that deserve it. Personally, I don't have time to go looking for things. If they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, they have nothing to worry about. It's funny, because, when I was a rep, I never got in trouble, unless it was something I did. I took accountability for it, and learned from it and moved on.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,254,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
^^ Well, I worked my way up from the bottom to where I am now, so, I understand where my reps are coming from, and try to do things to make their life easier, not harder on them.

Where I work, it takes an act of congress to fire anyone for anything other than attendance, and, even then, they can miss so much work it would make your head spin. I had to counsel a girl last week who, between the end of Febuary and the beginning of June, had called out for 35 days.

It isn't a job for everyone. However, you can make some pretty good money, depending on what you do: good benefits, air conditioned, non physical labor, and ability to work flexible schedules are usually some perqs of the job. For instance, when I worked for GE, I had a surgery that cost over 40K, (I saw the bill) total out of pocket cost: $150. That, and 6 weeks off of work paid in full.

I find that, in places such as this, the people that "get in trouble" are the ones that deserve it. Personally, I don't have time to go looking for things. If they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, they have nothing to worry about. It's funny, because, when I was a rep, I never got in trouble, unless it was something I did. I took accountability for it, and learned from it and moved on.
I was fired just like that, no warning, no write up, nothing, just fired, reason---wasn't selling enough, talk time too long, when it was just one long call with a Chinese who thought I should somehow translate for her. And dear call center manager, we aren't
wandering" if we need to stand up once in awhile, I see you do it all the time. Try sitting glued to a phone without a bathroom break, a bursting bladder, calls thrown at you so fast you can;'t catch your breath, then go on your power kick, especially in this economy, many people in call centers are laid off professionals (I'm a CPA) desperate to pay our bills, you'r just some white trash on a power kick! Feel good? It won't last, the economy will turn around and put you back in your place!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylee54 View Post
I was fired just like that, no warning, no write up, nothing, just fired, reason---wasn't selling enough, talk time too long, when it was just one long call with a Chinese who thought I should somehow translate for her. And dear call center manager, we aren't
wandering" if we need to stand up once in awhile, I see you do it all the time. Try sitting glued to a phone without a bathroom break, a bursting bladder, calls thrown at you so fast you can;'t catch your breath, then go on your power kick, especially in this economy, many people in call centers are laid off professionals (I'm a CPA) desperate to pay our bills, you'r just some white trash on a power kick! Feel good? It won't last, the economy will turn around and put you back in your place!
Umm.. ok. That is not every call center, at all. We do have people wandering, and, where I work, we need to have so many people on at certain times. We never stop anyone from using the bathroom or anything like that. Sometimes we are very busy, other times we are dead, it just depends.

Sorry if you are laid off. How that makes me "white trash", though, I am not sure. How do you even know my ethnicity? I am in no way shape or form on a power kick, I just happen to be very good at my job. Our site went through layoffs already, and, well, I am still standing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment