Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2019, 07:03 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,537,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
small wonder the liars and scum rise to the top, huh?
There's no evidence that every single hired person lied or is unqualified. Still doesn't mean you were qualified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 11:36 AM

5,724 posts, read 4,320,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
There's no evidence that every single hired person lied or is unqualified.

Who said they were?

Quote:
Still doesn't mean you were qualified.

Another underhanded put-down from someone who has precisely zero knowledge of my qualifications or the positions I applied for. Please stick to things you have actual knowledge about, and refrain from speculating about me.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:40 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,564,684 times
Quote:
Who said they were?
You implied liars and scum get the jobs you wanted but couldn't get..

Old 06-28-2019, 11:41 AM

20 posts, read 14,891 times
I've heard it's only military veterans, Ivy League degree holders, or hard science PhDs (like national labs, research institutions, etc.) primarily these days.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:13 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,903,298 times
I am wondering if there is any less competitiveness in the federal application process given that the current administration has really tried to shrink the federal workforce (and related benefits). More importantly, the constant drama around government shutdowns several times per year, and the polarization in Congress, not only making them likely to happen but making them likely to be long (in addition to the fact that the President likes them as a way to stick it to federal workers, and seems to want them to be long).

I don’t know whether the shutdown era has impacted federal interest, but I remember during the last shutdown they were interviewing a NASA employee who recently finished grad school. She was standing in line at a food bank, and was having to negotiate payment plans for her rent and student loans. You wonder if that will have any long term impacts on competition and/or the hiring process.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:18 PM

10,624 posts, read 12,170,122 times
I wouldn't say there are gov't shutdowns "several times per year." That is a bit of an exaggeration.
It's not even every. single. year. No need to overstate the case.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:16 PM

5,724 posts, read 4,320,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
You implied liars and scum get the jobs you wanted but couldn't get..

I said its a small wonder liars and scum float to the top, meaning top of management. I'm not even applying for management positions.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:22 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,360,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I wouldn't say there are gov't shutdowns "several times per year." That is a bit of an exaggeration.
It's not even every. single. year. No need to overstate the case.
Ikr? There was a big one in 2013. And I'm getting raises!
I guess another chance to identify oneself as a POTUS hater.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:25 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,208,282 times
Quote:
How much information can I get about the referral and hiring process for specific federal positions? I keep getting "you qualify but were not referred" messages. Can I get copies of the scoring and ranks of myself and other applicants so that I can see where and why I am falling short? It seems like most of this should be public data.
I don't understand. Are you applying on-line? Why in the hell would you do that?

I'm guessing you weren't around during the Clinton Administration. Clinton said they can hire directly, and it's been that way ever since.

If you want a federal job, don't apply on-line. Find out who you'll be working for and send your stuff to them. If they want you, they'll tell you exactly what you need to do to get hired. They'll probably want to interview you first, if not by telephone, then in person or both. If they like what they see, they'll tell you who to call, what forms to fill out and where to take them.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:48 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,360,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I don't understand. Are you applying on-line? Why in the hell would you do that?

I'm guessing you weren't around during the Clinton Administration. Clinton said they can hire directly, and it's been that way ever since.

If you want a federal job, don't apply on-line. Find out who you'll be working for and send your stuff to them. If they want you, they'll tell you exactly what you need to do to get hired. They'll probably want to interview you first, if not by telephone, then in person or both. If they like what they see, they'll tell you who to call, what forms to fill out and where to take them.
Still have to do the USAJobs dance. Going directly can get people in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment