Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 03:30 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
A lot of men would laugh and stop ogling you, and compliment you on your great sense of humor.
And here I always thought I had a warped sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Much as I hate to bring it up - don't they still ban mares from competition when they are in heat? If they're not in heat, the stallions don't really care that much.
So....are you saying women in the workplace are in heat all the time and should be banned? That makes it even worse.

Quote:

This would be the Duggar family where at least one male was regularly committing incest.

Well telling them to look away from women in swim suits sure worked for them, didn't it, now? LOL!

Remember the kilt... men can already wear skirts, as long as they are plaid. With knee socks.

CHICK A BOOM CHICK A BOOM CHICK A BOW WOW!

I wasn't gonna be the one to bring kilts up, seeing as how the men wear nothing underneath them. But if men want to wear kilts to be comfortable, who am I to stop them?

And if they do wear kilts at work, let me be the first woman here to let the men know that I can control my raging sexual desires when I see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Female messengers at the Texas State Senate are required to wear skirts with pantyhose or tights. Pants and bare legs are prohibited.
It's Texas. *sigh* Who here would be surprised by that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Of course guys like boobs! Guys like what we don’t have... wait never mind most American guys have boobs too. The point is even though I’m not a boob guy, they’re still nice and obviously guys like them.

And the last thing we need is more girls walking around with streetwalker clothes showing everything off. Class has gone the way of the dodo bird.
And here is exactly how schizophrenic America is about boobs: Guys like them. Preferably open to view. But women who show boobs lack class.

Sorry it had to be you who nailed it so well, Jonathan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 04:14 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
bUU, I wish you all the best and hope you have a great day.

Last edited by Lekrii; 09-05-2018 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-05-2018, 04:17 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
I would have to report any braless female to HR. In this days climate we do not need nipples swinging in the workplace.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:10 PM

615 posts, read 665,623 times
Need pictures to fully comprehend what is being discussed.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:57 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Can you imagine the uproar, if employers starting dictating to male workers, what kind of under-garments they had to wear? It doesn't seem to me to be anyone else's business, what kind of underwear others are using. If it bothers someone to see a woman going without the subject of this thread, then they shouldn't be letting their eyes bore that deeply into her. I figure that anyone who is offended by that, wants to be offended (while others are delighted by it).

Old 09-06-2018, 05:03 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Can you imagine the uproar, if employers starting dictating to male workers, what kind of under-garments they had to wear?
Precisely. The objections stem from legacy privilege which would not brook with anything comparable imposed on men.

We see the same kind of excuses (used here to try to excuse gender discrimination) applied in an attempt to excuse racial discrimination: Florida school threatens to expel student over 'natural hair' | MSNBC The same kind of privilege we see expressed in this thread was expressed in various venues online then, questioning "What is the big deal about a 12-year old being forced to wear her hair [in some way other than the way God intended]?"

And we see the same kind of privilege assertion at work in workplaces as well. https://rewire.news/ablc/2017/04/17/...t-against-law/ We also see it throughout western civilization, not just in the US. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36279845 It is white fragility, period.

And there are even workplace cases where yarmulke are accommodated but hijab are not. smh

Old 09-06-2018, 05:36 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Precisely. The objections stem from legacy privilege which would not brook with anything comparable imposed on men.

We see the same kind of excuses (used here to try to excuse gender discrimination) applied in an attempt to excuse racial discrimination: Florida school threatens to expel student over 'natural hair' | MSNBC The same kind of privilege we see expressed in this thread was expressed in various venues online then, questioning "What is the big deal about a 12-year old being forced to wear her hair [in some way other than the way God intended]?"

And we see the same kind of privilege assertion at work in workplaces as well. https://rewire.news/ablc/2017/04/17/...t-against-law/ We also see it throughout western civilization, not just in the US. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36279845 It is white fragility, period.

And there are even workplace cases where yarmulke are accommodated but hijab are not. smh
yarmulke doesn't cover the face. You can barely even see it unless you scrutinize the top of the head (and who does that?

hijab (niqab) covers the face, except for eye slits. It's like a full face mask. In some parts of the world, women are forced to wear these. It's not a "privilege"; it's a way of putting women down. And would you like to work with someone who's wearing one of these?

Old 09-06-2018, 09:53 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,621,038 times
Quote:
"Equality" promotes and defends legacy privilege. It is amoral. It keeps everyone in their relative positions, those born into privilege still privileged and those born into disadvantage still disadvantaged.

A moral society must pursue justice. Justice moves everyone to success regardless of the random chance of their birth. Justice accounts for the objective differences we start out with, for example being born into a gender that suffers from discrimination rather than a gender that benefits from privilege. It's moral rather than callously, and perhaps even selfishly, amoral.

But you go ahead and keep beating out those rationalizations. I'll keep characterizing them as the offensively amoral perspectives that they are.
Justice does what? Are you kidding? Now you sound like the people who define 'racist' as being white.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:04 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
yarmulke doesn't cover the face.
Neither does a hijab.

Quote:
hijab (niqab) covers the face, except for eye slits.
Niqab is a specific kind of hijab. I didn't say anything about niqab.

Quote:
In some parts of the world, women are forced to wear these.
I also didn't say anything about forcing women other than to not force them.

Stick to the topic.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:11 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Neither does a hijab.

Niqab is a specific kind of hijab. I didn't say anything about niqab.

I also didn't say anything about forcing women other than to not force them.

Stick to the topic.
Oh, yeah. You said "justice blah blah blah white fragility blah blah blah hijab blah blah blah". Niqab is a symbol of female subjugation, a reduction of human beings to something less than human, a kind of slave or animal that is subservient to men. Hijab is just a lesser variation of that. My bad, for not seeing the huge distinction.

In parts of the world that are under this subjugation, women are fighting for the right to not wear a hijab. That is why, when Obama went to Cairo and said "The US government has gone to court to protect the right of women and girls to wear the hijab", women's rights activists were appalled. They've spent decades trying to eliminate the laws that require women to wear some sort of head wrap.

In Iran, women caught without a head wrap are beaten by religious police. Wow, so let's promote equality here in America and "let" women wear their symbols of slavery.

Actually, personally I have nothing against hijabs and other religious garments as long as it's not the bag with slits thing which is just too antifa for civil society. Just don't go claiming that this is some kind of "justice" or "women's liberation" thing that women wear this garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment