Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 08:14 AM

45,932 posts, read 61,411,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
There are some things that can only be resolved at state headquarters which is not in the manual.
You see no contradiction here? If it can only be resolved at state headquarters then you have your solution, you kick it over to them.

It's Saturday, you're up awfully early. Time to watch some TVandSports, Guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 08:30 AM

1,281 posts, read 783,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You see no contradiction here? If it can only be resolved at state headquarters then you have your solution, you kick it over to them.

It's Saturday, you're up awfully early. Time to watch some TVandSports, Guy.

No only she can kick it over to them after we notify her about the issue. She wants to be paid to do nothing.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
No only she can kick it over to them after we notify her about the issue. She wants to be paid to do nothing.
Then notify her. This instance doesn't meet your original whine.

You're almost fifty years old and have had administrative jobs for a couple decades. Why do you always have these same work issues?

Old 01-14-2017, 08:43 AM

444 posts, read 393,091 times
Quote:
There are some things that can only be resolved at state headquarters which is not in the manual.
I get it, I work in an office where different people have access and are responsible for certain things.

If company B wants a check yes I can cue it up to print but depending on the amount I may need two signatures. Only one party may be in the office and I'm left explaining that to the annoyed vendor that they will have to wait until the next business day.

Not exactly the same thing but I totally understand what you are talking about with processing the applications at 4:45 and the office closes at 5p. YOU may be there past 5p but that doesn't mean the switchboard will still be on to transfer phone calls to party you need to reach in the other office.

Am I right?

Old 01-14-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
I get it, I work in an office where different people have access and are responsible for certain things.

If company B wants a check yes I can cue it up to print but depending on the amount I may need two signatures. Only one party may be in the office and I'm left explaining that to the annoyed vendor that they will have to wait until the next business day.

Not exactly the same thing but I totally understand what you are talking about with processing the applications at 4:45 and the office closes at 5p. YOU may be there past 5p but that doesn't mean the switchboard will still be on to transfer phone calls to party you need to reach in the other office.

Am I right?

I don't get paid for OT so I have to be gone by 5pm. That's the main reason I try to be done with everything on a friday by 4pm or 4:30pm at the lastest.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:46 AM

13,013 posts, read 9,295,470 times
Quote:
And what does that have to do with your original complaint?

Old 01-14-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
And what does that have to do with your original complaint?
Original complaint: "She wants to do less work and not be bothered so she sent that email

Since she is the only who can contact the state headquarters she will still be seeing employees come to her about work issues. So she needs to suck it up or get a new job.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Original complaint: "She wants to do less work and not be bothered so she sent that email

Since she is the only who can contact the state headquarters she will still be seeing employees come to her about work issues. So she needs to suck it up or get a new job.
You really don't see the difference? She told you and your co-workers to stop coming to her with problems they should be able to solve.

In this new case only she can solve it so it is part of her job duties.

After all these years, with a college degree, you still don't understand the difference between management and line employees.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:07 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,787,910 times
Quote:

The manager's email was that she wants staff to try to resolve issues themselves first before coming to her for help. If the problem is clearly one that has to be resolved in HQ and you don't have the authority to contact HQ, then the email doesn't apply.

What is probably happening is what we see in my office. We have staff who regularly make errors or make no effort, send it to others at a higher level for review, and then expect the others to make the same corrections and/or give the same advice over and over again. If you've been in the position for several years and have gotten the training a few times, there is no excuse for having to get the same advice over and over and over. Managers simply don't have the time to be doing their work plus the work of their staff because the staff needs constant hand-holding and prodding to get their work done.

I sit in my office all day listening to these three women (two people at the staff level and one supervisor) complaining about how the other supervisor and the higher level manager aren't doing enough. They are too slow, their work is inferior, they aren't doing anything (the manager/supervisor), but the complainers have too huge a workload to keep up. However, they manage to complain half the day about it without doing any actual work. If I send them instructions, they'll tell me "Oh I didn't have time to read that" and then I get tons of errors because nope, they didn't read them. The supervisor demands I make corrections for them because they didn't have time to read the instructions I send over and over. Now the manager hand-writes the corrections, scans them (she is in a different office from the problem employees), and informs the staff person they WILL be making them because it's gotten so bad.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:17 AM

13,013 posts, read 9,295,470 times
Yes, we get it. This has nothing to do with new employees, or lack of a manual, or answering questions, or only state headquarters, or any of the rest. She's put you on notice. She'll be keeping notes. And as you've seen here while testing out your excuses, they don't work. PIP in a couple months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment