Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:12 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
+1 Many people have misconceptions about HR's role. Poor employee behavior is a management issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I don't get as upset at the bullies as I do the jerk offs above them who know they are bullies and let them continue to be bullies
Yes this is a management and supervisor issue. It also ties in with cronyism since the bullies usually feel protected by the people above them. So they feel that they can get away with it. Once you get in with a better company you start working with higher quality people and the problem isn't nearly as prevalent. I honestly don't think bullying is a problem at all where I work now.

HR will do very little about it since honestly, to them it's all just he said she said anyway. HR is completely out of touch at most companies and in their own little world, it's easily the most useless department at any company. They are just there to make everyone sign the proper papers so the company is fully protected from whatever can happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 01:23 PM

792 posts, read 1,177,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVaslovik View Post
No, HR does not care!

HR's job is to protect the company, not you!

I've been bullied in the workplace for over 30 years, and I'm here to tell you HR could give a flip less. Go to them with the problem and you BECOME the problem! It's then you start to realize your only option is to quit that job.
Did I say that? I must have been on crack.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
They are not always males! I've worked with 2 females who probably would be labeled ''narcissistic personality disorder'' in a psychiatrist's book. Both were SO clever at presenting 2 faces in the workplace: one to management, another to peers. Both pure evil.
"Evil" is right.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:44 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
Does anyone have experience with being bullied at work? From what I've read on the internet, Bully's never get fired.

Yea. I had one. And I dealt with it. Not the most classy way I've been known to handle problems, but it got handled quickly. I was brought in as a contractor to eventually replace this incompetent person. They had him "training" me. Anyway, he was clueless that I was his replacement, but figured it out after awhile. He did everything in his power to undermine and sabotage me. Finally, one day I had enough of him belittling me and we literally had.it.out.at work.in front of everyone, right in the middle of our cubicle farm. I was so ready to put my 8-1/2 up his azz. You should have saw the looks on my coworkers faces while it was all going down lol. He actually backed up off me after that when he saw that he couldn't push me around. I was told a few contractors before me had left, some of the them in tears due to the stress of him.
Long story short, I too ended up leaving after a few months after deciding the job wasn't worth the headaches. I kept in contact with a few people and was told they fired him 6 weeks after I left.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:36 PM

243 posts, read 230,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
Did I say that? I must have been on crack.
okay, what do you mean by this?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM

Hmmmm...nevermind.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:35 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,514,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfrommars View Post
Im thankful Ive always worked with rough individuals/around rough individuals who would never tolerate that kind of crap, or expect it.

I do recall having a boss one time that was an absolute POS, he crossed one co worker and was promptly followed to the parking lot of a local Target store on his day off and punched a few times in the face. Im not condoning that behavior, or advocating it, but much like in school, that supervisor came back to work monday and his tune was completely different.
So what happened to the employee/victim?

Old 08-16-2016, 12:59 AM

7 posts, read 3,789 times
I have been bullied and stalked at my workplace as a newbie. Most of the colleagues will make derogatory remarks from morning till it's time to knock off from work. Furthermore, they took photos and videos of me and even attempted to hit my head while I'm not paying attention.

What's weird is, each time I went to the washroom, several people will stop what they are doing and stared at me. Ironically, some of them even stalked me during office hours as well as after work. I felt shocked and didn't know what to do except to continue to do my tasks quietly.
May I know how to overcome workplace bullying? Thank you.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:26 AM

983 posts, read 738,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
They are not always males! I've worked with 2 females who probably would be labeled ''narcissistic personality disorder'' in a psychiatrist's book. Both were SO clever at presenting 2 faces in the workplace: one to management, another to peers. Both pure evil.
TELL ME ABOUT IT! Queen Bee is too nice a word for the jealous insecure tyrants I've encountered in the workplace. Stats show that bullying is done mostly by women to other women, so much for the sisterhood, eh? The so called glass ceiling is erected and ruled by women to keep other women ie., competition out. It's usually the obese ugly ones too seeking a twisted revenge on those who are better looking and well liked. Instead of improving their own lot, they demonize those who they believe got a better ticket in life. Give me a male boss and colleagues anytime, even for less pay. I've seen pretty girls treated like gofers, get made fun of, set up to fail and held to unattainable higher standards to get them sacked. Men generally let you do your work and if there's an issue they get over it unlike women who sit and stew and plot their revenge; nothing more than snakes in the grass.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:32 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Can someone please provide an explanation or detailed description of bullying in the workplace?
Condesending tones of voice on a regular basis, yelling, slapping your hand down on table or desk etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment